main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [House] Pseudo Making It - 50 Sentence challenge response

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by amidalachick, Jan 2, 2012.

1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: Pseudo Making It
    Author: amidalachick
    Notes: Written as a response to the 50 Sentence Challenge. The title is taken from Alanis Morisette's beautiful song "Not As We".
    Disclaimer: All things House-related belong to David Shore. I own nothing and make no money.

[hr]

[b]01. Acceptance[/b]
    Lisa carefully refolded her letter of admission to the University of Michigan.

[b]02. Arrange[/b]
    "No," she said decisively, looking around her living room, "I think it should stay there."

[b]03. Askance[/b]
    She never stopped noticing the looks thrown her way.

[b]04. Accoutrement[/b]
    "Oh, you have [i]wonderful[/i] taste, Dr. Cuddy," the saleswoman cooed.

[b]05. Appropriate[/b]
    If House was going to steal her chair, she was going to take something of his.

[b]06. Appeal[/b]
    Cuddy knew that House's request was genuine, but she couldn't say yes.

[b]07. Almighty[/b]
    People thought that, as Dean, Cuddy had the power to fix anything.

[b]08. Abject[/b]
    When Rachel was finally asleep, Cuddy collapsed on her own bed and let her tears escape.

[b]09. Abstruse[/b]
    She didn't always understand House, but for some reason, she cared about him anyway.

[b]10. Archetypal[/b]
    Cuddy had always wanted to be the perfect doctor, administrator, wife, and mother, and she still hadn't achieved any of those things.

[b]11. Bashful[/b]
    She smiled slyly and said, "[i]I'm[/i] not embarrassed."

[b]12. Behoove[/b]
    It was necessary to do unpleasant things sometimes, but that didn't mean she liked doing them.

[b]13. Because[/b]
    "Because I said so."

[b]14. Bizarre[/b]
    The sight that greeted Cuddy in House's office made her a little afraid as to what, exactly, he was trying to accomplish.

[b]15. Bearing[/b]
    "This is our vision for Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital in the coming year," Cuddy said, beginning her speech to the donors.

[b]16. Blight[/b]
    Sometimes Cuddy wondered if House deliberately ruined all of her plans.

[b]17. Beatific[/b]
    Cuddy turned a page in the book she and Rachel were reading, and cuddled her daughter a little closer.

[b]18. Bolster[/b]
    No matter how badly her own day was going, Cuddy had to raise everyone else's morale.

[b]19. Bulwark[/b]
    Cuddy resolved not to let her guard down around House again.

[b]20. Bastion[/b]
    Her house had been her last refuge, and now even that was gone.

[b]21. Conceptual[/b]
    Working in the clinic reminded her that it was about real people, not just numbers and budgets.

[b]22. Countenance[/b]
    She adjusted her bangs so that they framed her face better.

[b]23. Conniption[/b]
    Cuddy tried not to get angry at Rachel, but after dealing with House all day, coming home to another tantrum was too much for her.

[b]24. Contend[/b]
    She shared her frustrations with Wilson, since he was the only other person who knew what she had to deal with.

[b]25. Chagrin[/b]
    Cuddy sighed inwardly as yet another of House's patients' family members filed a complaint.

[b]26. Cacoethes[/b]
    She mentally ran through the familiar list of reasons why a relationship between them would never work.

[b]27. Cacophony[/b]
    She breathed in and held her pose, enjoying these brief moments of quiet before another hectic day.

[b]28. Culmination[/b]
    A little voice in the back of her mind whispered that this couldn't last, but she ignored it and passionately kissed House again.

[b]29. Coalesce[/b]
    Cuddy touched Rachel's cheek, still hardly able to believe this was real.

[b]30. Catharsis[/b]
    She had a sudden urge to put on her jogging clothes and run until she was gasping for breath, until her muscles ached, until the physical discomfort overwhelmed her emotional pain.

[b]31. Doughty[/b]
    Although her hands were trembling as she walked into the boardroom, she was careful to keep her expression calm and her gait steady.

[b]32. Dicey[/b]
    "Are you crazy?" Cuddy asked.

[b]33. Drape[/b]
    Cuddy kissed Julia's cheek and then adjusted the veil over her hair.

[b]34. Distraction[/b]
    She didn't have time for a busy so

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm so glad to see you back for this challenge! [:D]

And these were lovely. You have such a lock onto Cuddy's voice, and it was great to get such a peak at her character through your words. =D=

Some particulars that I enjoyed:

Abstruse: And that is the whole crux of their relationship.

Blight: [face_laugh] It's like pulling on her pig tails. :p

Contend: I love their chemistry. All three of them.

Dicey: So many reasons that could be said . . . [face_laugh]

Extent: She is such a stone, all of the time, and it is both sad and beautiful to see. :(

Thank-you for such a wonderful character sketch. =D=

~MJ @};-

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wow! A very good look into Cuddy's mind.

I especially liked : She didn't always understand House, but for some reason, she cared about him anyway.
    I think that really sums up her relationship with House.

And that last one... wow!

Great job!

=D=

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Mira_Jade: You have such a lock onto Cuddy's voice, and it was great to get such a peak at her character through your words.

Thank you so much! I wrote these to help deal with some issues in my own life, but I love Cuddy, and I tried really hard to capture *her* voice, not my own. :p So I'm so glad you thought it sounds like her.

Contend: I love their chemistry. All three of them.

I know! I like just about all of the characters, but House, Cuddy, and Wilson really had something special.

Thank you again. [:D]

mavjade: I'm glad you liked the last one - it's my favorite. Thank you so much for reading!