Story [House] Pseudo Making It - 50 Sentence challenge response

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by amidalachick, Jan 2, 2012.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    Title: Pseudo Making It
    Author: amidalachick
    Notes: Written as a response to the 50 Sentence Challenge. The title is taken from Alanis Morisette's beautiful song "Not As We".
    Disclaimer: All things House-related belong to David Shore. I own nothing and make no money.

01. Acceptance
    Lisa carefully refolded her letter of admission to the University of Michigan.

02. Arrange
    "No," she said decisively, looking around her living room, "I think it should stay there."

03. Askance
    She never stopped noticing the looks thrown her way.

04. Accoutrement
    "Oh, you have wonderful taste, Dr. Cuddy," the saleswoman cooed.

05. Appropriate
    If House was going to steal her chair, she was going to take something of his.

06. Appeal
    Cuddy knew that House's request was genuine, but she couldn't say yes.

07. Almighty
    People thought that, as Dean, Cuddy had the power to fix anything.

08. Abject
    When Rachel was finally asleep, Cuddy collapsed on her own bed and let her tears escape.

09. Abstruse
    She didn't always understand House, but for some reason, she cared about him anyway.

10. Archetypal
    Cuddy had always wanted to be the perfect doctor, administrator, wife, and mother, and she still hadn't achieved any of those things.

11. Bashful
    She smiled slyly and said, "I'm not embarrassed."

12. Behoove
    It was necessary to do unpleasant things sometimes, but that didn't mean she liked doing them.

13. Because
    "Because I said so."

14. Bizarre
    The sight that greeted Cuddy in House's office made her a little afraid as to what, exactly, he was trying to accomplish.

15. Bearing
    "This is our vision for Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital in the coming year," Cuddy said, beginning her speech to the donors.

16. Blight
    Sometimes Cuddy wondered if House deliberately ruined all of her plans.

17. Beatific
    Cuddy turned a page in the book she and Rachel were reading, and cuddled her daughter a little closer.

18. Bolster
    No matter how badly her own day was going, Cuddy had to raise everyone else's morale.

19. Bulwark
    Cuddy resolved not to let her guard down around House again.

20. Bastion
    Her house had been her last refuge, and now even that was gone.

21. Conceptual
    Working in the clinic reminded her that it was about real people, not just numbers and budgets.

22. Countenance
    She adjusted her bangs so that they framed her face better.

23. Conniption
    Cuddy tried not to get angry at Rachel, but after dealing with House all day, coming home to another tantrum was too much for her.

24. Contend
    She shared her frustrations with Wilson, since he was the only other person who knew what she had to deal with.

25. Chagrin
    Cuddy sighed inwardly as yet another of House's patients' family members filed a complaint.

26. Cacoethes
    She mentally ran through the familiar list of reasons why a relationship between them would never work.

27. Cacophony
    She breathed in and held her pose, enjoying these brief moments of quiet before another hectic day.

28. Culmination
    A little voice in the back of her mind whispered that this couldn't last, but she ignored it and passionately kissed House again.

29. Coalesce
    Cuddy touched Rachel's cheek, still hardly able to believe this was real.

30. Catharsis
    She had a sudden urge to put on her jogging clothes and run until she was gasping for breath, until her muscles ached, until the physical discomfort overwhelmed her emotional pain.

31. Doughty
    Although her hands were trembling as she walked into the boardroom, she was careful to keep her expression calm and her gait steady.

32. Dicey
    "Are you crazy?" Cuddy asked.

33. Drape
    Cuddy kissed Julia's cheek and then adjusted the veil over her hair.

34. Distraction
    She didn't have time for a busy so/>/>
  2. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    I'm so glad to see you back for this challenge! [:D]

And these were lovely. You have such a lock onto Cuddy's voice, and it was great to get such a peak at her character through your words. =D=

Some particulars that I enjoyed:

Abstruse: And that is the whole crux of their relationship.

Blight: [face_laugh] It's like pulling on her pig tails. :p

Contend: I love their chemistry. All three of them.

Dicey: So many reasons that could be said . . . [face_laugh]

Extent: She is such a stone, all of the time, and it is both sad and beautiful to see. :(

Thank-you for such a wonderful character sketch. =D=

~MJ @};-
  3. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Wow! A very good look into Cuddy's mind.

I especially liked : She didn't always understand House, but for some reason, she cared about him anyway.
    I think that really sums up her relationship with House.

And that last one... wow!

Great job!

=D=
  4. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    Mira_Jade: You have such a lock onto Cuddy's voice, and it was great to get such a peak at her character through your words.

Thank you so much! I wrote these to help deal with some issues in my own life, but I love Cuddy, and I tried really hard to capture *her* voice, not my own. :p So I'm so glad you thought it sounds like her.

Contend: I love their chemistry. All three of them.

I know! I like just about all of the characters, but House, Cuddy, and Wilson really had something special.

Thank you again. [:D]

mavjade: I'm glad you liked the last one - it's my favorite. Thank you so much for reading!
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl