main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Houston Celebrates 25 years of Star Wars

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    OK, I think we should start working on this right now, even though we're still talking about the 11th meeting.

May 25, 2002 will be the 25th birthday of Star Wars. I have proposed we meet that day for our first "offical" meeting (as in, have a meeting where we talk fan force business), then watch ANH (original edition ;)), then go see AOTC together as a group. This has gotten some positive response.

So, do we want to do this? And if so, where will we have our meeting and where will we watch ANH?

2. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    That sounds like alot of fun!! I would LOVE to do that! Tell me when and where and I'll be there!

3. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I love this idea!

As to where, who were the kind folks with the projector suggestions and such?

4. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    This sounds great, I'll definatly be there.

5. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    okay, i can definitely make this one! sounds like a great idea!!! could i suggest we go to an 8 or later show for those of us who want to dress up in heavy costumes???

6. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, if we do watch ANH first, we'll probably be pushing a later showing, for sure. I'd advice a showing no later than 9 PM (preferrably a little earlier), since several of us may have to get up early for church the next day.

7. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I will be unable to attend that date.

My brother is getting married, and some how my family believes it is more important to show up to that.

8. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    It sounds good to me it's been a while since I seen the Original version

9. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
  10. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    So yesterday we decided this was a great idea, and pretty much everyone was interested. So, what times and where?

I would suggest about 1-ish. Now, as to where. Adam (Count_Dough-ku) has volenteered his place. He has an awesome digital set up that we could use to watch ANH on, and he lives across the street from a theater that we could watch AOTC at.

However, he says he has to limit the number of attendies (for the viewing of ANH) to 20, due to space limitations. So, do we want to go this route? How many people are interested, and if we have more than 20, where else might we have it?

11. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Okay, what movie theater are we going to go to?

I'm going to try and go see the movie with you, but I can't watch ANH because one of my best friends is having a graduation party.

So, whatever theater you are at, I'll try and be there!

12. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    I would be very interested in joining this outing. It sounds like a blast. Keep me informed!

Doug

13. infamous

infamous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    THIS IS MY FIRST TIME LEAVING A MESSAGE ON THIS BOARD AND I WOULD LOVE TO BE APART OF THIS MEETING. PLEASE E-MAIL ME WITH MORE INFO! EMPIRESHALLRISE@AOL.COM

14. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    eek... we're really happy to have you here, but next time please take off the caps lock, it looks like your yelling.

15. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    If Quarantine and I attend at all, then it would be from morning to 1/2 pm-ish, and then we'd have to leave. :( So if you can and it's not to much trouble, to start the get together...around ten am????? :(

16. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    10 AM? No, I usually get up at 10 AM on Saturdays.

17. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    10 am is too early...goodness...i was surprise to be up last week for the meeting. i dont usually get up till noon or 1pm.

are we still doing the all day meeting. i thought i heard someone say that after the meeting we could go see aotc all together.

just wondering cause i dont know what my ride will be doing.

18. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    are we still doing the all day meeting. i thought i heard someone say that after the meeting we could go see aotc all together.

That's the plan so far: Meeting, watch ANH, then go see AOTC.

19. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    well 10 am was my last hope of being able to attend the meeting at all :( and since i didn't get to attend the last one i was really hoping to be able to make even part of this one :( but if mornings are to evil for ya'll, <even though i'd have to get up an hour or two earlier than most> then ok. i'll see ya'll when i see ya'll.

20. TallChewie

TallChewie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Goldbubbly, you said you would have to leave by one or two, right? So couldn't you still go for an hour or two if the meeting started at noon or 1? I know that's not ideal for you, but at least you'd get to go for a little while.

21. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I'd be willing to do a noon meeting. I think we should start by one in any event since we have much to do.

22. Padme_Dawn

Padme_Dawn Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    I'm a newbie and darn proud to be here! I visited the fan forums a year or so ago after moving to Houston and was disappointed that there wasn't really a Houston presence then. I'm so glad that has changed. I am interested in attending the May 25th meeting. Has the time and place been nailed down yet?

My husband and I both took the day off (I'm a teacher)to see AOTC at 11:45 this morning at the Katy Mills AMC. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to see it again!

Misty

23. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Alrighty, well I know many of our lucky members are currently in Dallas (why those crazy Dallas/Plano people differentiate the two places I know not [face_plain] ;) ) at the convention. However, I feel we need to up this and get the topic going again. This meeting will be next weekend.

Adam (Count_Dough-ku) has volenteered his place. He has an awesome digital set up that we could use to watch ANH on, and he lives across the street from a theater that we could watch AOTC at.

However, he says he has to limit the number of attendies (for the viewing of ANH) to 20, due to space limitations.

So...I think it is a good idea to do meeting first, then watch ANH, then go see AOTC, as Stryphe stated. The issue now is space availability for the ANH viewing. Thank you very much to Adam to offering his home for our use. However, if we take this option, we can only have about 20 or so people attend. I think, if we can not find an alternative place, then we will have to have a first-come, first-serve RSVP. The first 20 people who respond will be signed up. This is what Stryphe, Tim, and I discussed at the meeting. If anyone can think of a different way to approach it, feel free to suggest.

Other than the viewing, I don't want to limit anyone's ability to attend the meeting with our official business. We've discussed a little more of what needs to be covered in the next meeting, and we plan for it to be more formal and more organized. That being said, I think it would be wise for us to meet beforehand, perhaps somewhere near Adam's place, for the meeting. That way, we can head over for the ANH viewing afterward and then to the theater.

Questions? Suggestions?

Let's get an idea of who knows they will be attending.

24. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    Q and I won't be able to watch ANH, so don't worry about us...We may be able to attend the meeting part however. Having it in that area of town would be very GOOD.

oh and plano was AWESOME

25. JessicaKS

JessicaKS Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I'm going to try my best to make it.

--Jessica

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.