main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Houston Celebrates 25 years of Star Wars

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Sounds good to me.

2. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    Has anyone seen Crystala around? I still dont know if i can go cause im not sure whats going on with her.
    Are you still going to the meeting?

3. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    OK, we'll go with the plan Queenie proposed. Adam says it is cool. He needs RSVPs. Please post them here. I am also going to ask for his permission to post his email address here, and then you can RSVP him directly, as well.

We need a before-hand meeting place, and then a time for the movie (AOTC). I don't know the area Adam lives in well enough to suggest the best meeting place. Please, someone who does, post an idea.

I'll get back to everyone on the AOTC time/location, for those who want to join us only for that.

4. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Consider this an RSVP.
    What area of town does he live in?

5. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Count me in. I'll definitely be there.

Yes, we can assess the situation more easily if we know where Adam lives. ;)

After we decide where to have the meeting, I would assume we could start it around noon, as that seems a good time for many. We could allow about an hour to discuss what we need to, and then head over to Adam's around 1. (This, of course, is considering Adam agrees with all these details. :) ) I figure we would not be able to start ANH until 1:30 or 2. We would then need to choose a AOTC showing after 5 pm. We also need to take into account that this will be a Saturday evening on the second weekend of release. We'll need to arrive at the theater early enough to secure our places. So, we need to remember this when we decide upon a time.

That being said, we can discuss more after we get the details of Adam's area.

6. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    If we need to and depending on where Adams house is we could have the meeting, see AOTC and then if there are too many people, I don't mind showing any of the movies at my house either, we could break into 2 groups. Just a possibility, if we have to many for one group. I have a 60" Surround and Laserdisc, & multiple copies on VHS (pretty much like most of you do :) )

Where is the meeting going to be?? And which theatre are we talking? I am in Kingwood just north of 1960.

Steve

7. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    Yes Monica, I'm still going and I still will be taking you to the meeting :) As soon as we find out where and when the meeting will be we can contact each other through email to discuss the time and place I will be picking you up.

I have been a little busy unfortunately this weekend. I haven't even gotten a chance to see AOTC yet :(

Put me down as a RSVP.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    He lives on Rogerdale near the intersection
    of Richmond and Beltway 8 directly behind the Tinseltown Westchase. If you've RSVPed, please PM me for his exact address.

More later...

9. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Okay now put me down as an RSVP

10. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Well then I think the choice of theater is obvious. There are several restaurants in that area, but since we are looking for someplace where we can conduct business, not just socialize, I am at a loss for ideas.

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Cinemark Tinseltown USA Westchase
    3600 W Sam Houston Pkwy S
    Houston, TX 77042
    (713) 952-1881

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    Showtimes: 11:00 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm, 2:15 pm, 2:45 pm, 3:45 pm, 4:15 pm, 5:30 pm, 5:55 pm, 7:00 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:45 pm, 9:10 pm, 10:15 pm, 10:45 pm

Man, that's a big leap from 5:55 to 7:00. Anyway, I'm guessing the 5:30 or the 5:55 showing would be what we would want to aim for.

As for the meeting, check out the Houston Citysearch page and look at the restaurants Good For Groups in that area. Let us know what y'all think.

EDIT - Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggh! Stupid link.

12. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    There is a Benihana close by. It might be a little expensive for some, but the food is great.

Do not forget that movie showtimes usually change on Fridays when new films are released, so those may not be the showtimes for Saturday.

13. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    alright...Count me in!

14. TallChewie

TallChewie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I would like to RSVP.

Thanks!

15. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    I'd like to attend. But, remember not only is this the second week of release but also Memorial Day weekend.

Although watching ANH beforehand is a great idea, it seems that it is skewing the timeframe for the actual meeting and viewing of AOTC. Maybe an ANH(or trilogy screening)could be a seperate event.

16. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Although watching ANH beforehand is a great idea, it seems that it is skewing the timeframe for the actual meeting and viewing of AOTC. Maybe an ANH(or trilogy screening)could be a seperate event.

Well, I'm more interested in watching ANH on it's 25th anniversey than I am watching AOTC, if I had to choose. Why don't we go with Steve's idea? Noon meeting, 2:45 showing of AOTC, then over to Adam's to watch ANH. That way, those who are not interested in watching ANH can go on. Adam can only have 20 people because of space limitation. If more than 20 want to met, watch AOTC, but less than 20 are interested in watching ANH, then the space availablity problem is solved. If more than 20 are interested in ANH, then those who live in Steve's part of town can head up there and watch it with him.

How does that sound?

Also, the meeting place. I've never been to a restraunt that is good for 20 + people to carry on a single conversation unless you get a private room. Private rooms cost money. So, the more I think about it, the more that idea sounds like it won't work. How about this? Is there a park nearby we could meet at?

17. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I know nothing about that area. So, I have no suggestions.

I think that idea (noon meeting, 2:45 AOTC, followed by ANH) is great! That would seem to work much better than the other.

18. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    That sounds like a good idea.

19. infamous

infamous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    THIS IS LORD INFAMOUS OF PASADENA! I'M RESPONDING TO THE IDIOT(POLLODIABLO) WHO SAID TO TAKE OFF MY CAP LOCKS BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE I'M YELLING! IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY TO ME BUT WELCOMING ME THEN DON'T WORRY HOW I RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD CUZ! IT'S NOT COOL TO DISS A STAR WARS FAN WHO IS NEW TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD AND TRYING TO MEET FANS IN H-TOWN! "LORD INFAMOUS"

20. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    Insulting other members is not a good way to start off either. Caps Lock=yelling. It seemed he was just pointing this out.

21. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Just let me know when and where and I will be there! I"m really looking forward to meeting more people and seeing the ones I saw at the midnight show again.

Keep us posted on what decision is made.

Doug

22. TallChewie

TallChewie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I like the idea of having the meeting and then going to an earlier showing of AOTC (such as 2:15 or 2:45) because I think I will need to leave by 5 or so.

23. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Then it is agreed. I e-mailed Adam about this, and as long as he doesn't object, why don't we just consider it a done deal? Now, where for the meeting? Anyone know of any parks nearby, or is my park idea consider to be a bad one?

24. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    No, I think the park idea would seem to work well. As long as weather is permitting and such.

Although, I don't know anything about that area, I am sure there has to be a park nearby somewhere.

25. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I dont mean to break this up, but what do we do if it rains?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.