main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Houston Celebrates 25 years of Star Wars

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    The only parks I know of in the general area are Memorial(too far away) and a couple of parks on I-10/Eldrige Pkwy. What about a restaraunt that has an outdoor patio area? Chacho's(mexican), Beck's Prime(burgers), there's another mexican food place in the Carillion shopping center(Westheimer near the Beltway), Magnolia Bar and Grill, some Bennigans/Chili's locations have'em too.

2. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    We run, Vadersnoghri, we run. Then we hide, curl up into a little ball, and then cry. HEHE, :)
    Is there chances of raining this weekend...i have heard that it will be clear until Monday.

Infamous...lets be nice...i dont think he was being mean...im sorries you took it the wrong way...its just that CAPS DOES MEAN YELLING.

3. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    Weather channel says scattered thunderstorms. For those of us bringing toys/autographs, etc... it would be better to have it indoors. I have connections in the north part of town where I can get somewhere for us to meet if we want. Please let me know if I need to check into this, or does someone have a community/apt meeting area more central?? The AMC theatre at Deerbrook mall is pretty good, and there are lots of eateries.

Steve

4. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    If we going over to the westside to watch ANH, that idea seems somewhat impractical.

5. infamous

infamous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    To people who like or don't like lowrider magazine. Look at the june issue thats on all news stand right now. My car is featured in the Euro Scene section.My car has a mural of Darth Maul on the hood. THe name of my car is"Phantom Menace". The next car I build will have all of The Sith Lords on the hood!

6. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Cool.

Nice to see that you found out how to turn off the Caps Lock. :p

7. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    OK, we need to decide quickly so we can get this posted on the main events page and get credit for being an official fan force. The best compremise to all of the above ideas I can see is to meet in a mall food court nearest to where Adam lives. Which mall would that be?

I am aware that mall food courts are crowded and noisy on weekends, but they do allow for a certain flexablity of seating arangments and it is open air, yet indoors at the same time. Plus, if we get there, and that just isn't going to work, it is still a good place to meet, get together, than car poll to the nearest restraunt, but I really think a food court will work just as well.

So which is the closest mall with a decent size food court?

8. infamous

infamous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    First colony in Sugarland even though I live in Pasadena. I'm willing to go any were in the Houston area. If I'm invited.

9. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    yesss hurry up and organize obey wann needs warning so he can post it...

10. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Nearest mall is Memorial City. It is located at I-10 and Gessner.

11. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    So---> Sat. May 25th

1. Meeting at Food Court of Memorial mall @ 12:00

2. AOTC at the closest theatre around the 2-2:30 time frame

3. ANH at either Adam's for 20 or less and if need be additional showing at Steve's house.

Anything I left out??

Steve

12. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    :( Benihanas is out of the question? i was looking forward to that. uh well...so ill see you there on saturday. :D

13. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I am planning on being there for the meeting. The only thing is that I have to work that night. So i probably wont be there for the ANH showing. This is awesome, we will become official now, as Anakin said in TPM: YIPPEE!!!

14. JessicaKS

JessicaKS Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Unless something strange happens, I should be able to make it to the whole thing although I probably won't be eating much (the wisdom teeth thing <yuck>). See ya'll then!

MTFBWY,
    Jessica

15. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    :( I hope that goes well, Jessica. Definitely not fun. [face_plain]

Hope to see ya there!

16. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    1. Meeting at Food Court of Memorial mall @ 12:00

2. AOTC at the closest theatre around the 2-2:30 time frame

3. ANH at either Adam's for 20 or less and if need be additional showing at Steve's house.

Anything I left out??

Just that I think we should still see the AOTC showing at the one near Adam's house for those going to the ANH viewing. And we already know the time on that (2:45 PM). But, we can always improvise at the meeting before, if need be.

OK, I'll PM Obey and get this up. Looks forward to seeing everyone.

Jessica, your getting your wisedom teeth removed, correct? Best of luck and I hope all goes well.

EDIT - Theater in question:

Cinemark Tinseltown USA Westchase
    3600 W Sam Houston Pkwy S
    Houston, TX 77042
    (713) 952-1881

17. fanboy98

fanboy98 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2001
    Bad news, guys. I think the food court area is under major construction. I don't even think there are any places left there to eat except maybe Chicfalee(spelling?). Sorry I wasn't able to respond to this sooner but I just opened this thread.

18. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    Tortuga's restaraunt has an outdoor(covered) area that is lasrge enough for 20 or so people and it's locatd at Gessner and Westheimer, only a couple of minutes away from the theater.

19. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    *sigh* It's already posted on the main page. OK, I'll talk to Obey Wann. I really, really don't think a restraunt is going to work worth anything, outside or inside, but it's too late to argue. We'll go with Darth Dorky's idea. Thanks for the heads up, Ghiang.

20. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    I can call ahead (if we can get a head count) and see if we can get them to hold an area of the outdoor patio for us. If they put us in the rear section of the patio we would be pretty much to ourselves.

I live in Pearland and would be able to host a meeting or two here in the future as I have a pretty good sized yard (1/2 acre)with plenty of shade.

21. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I looked for Tortuga in that area via Yahoo and found this address:

9600 Westheimer Rd
    Houston, TX (713) 784-5999

Darth Dorky, could you varify this is the one you are talking about? It's close to Gesner, so I was guessing it was. If it is, please post it here, and then I'll PM Obey wann (or you could, if you wish).

Sure, calling ahead also sounds like a good idea. Tell then around 20. I think we had 22 last time.

22. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    I do beleive that is the one.

For those that don't know the area it's located at Westheimer and Gessner. It's right next to Hooter's on the North side of Westheimer, the front of Tortuga's faces Gessner. I'll give them a call and fins out what they can do as far as reserving a portion of the Patio.

23. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    So do we have a meeting set up or not?

I havent been reading everything on the board cuz i've been busy/on vacation. I'm not seeing much organization though. The last 2 meetings were cool because they allowed everyone to meet each other. The next meeting needs to seriously take care of business so a restaraunt probably is not a great idea.

All I need is for one of you to say "Yes Ramiro, lead us, we are confused without your guidance"

I will make everything better.

:)

24. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Yes, I do not think a restraunt is the best idea, but my only other suggestion was voted out, so we will have to make do.

Yes, the location and times are finalized, and Obey wann has them posted on the main board.

Once we have officers, it'll definitely be a lot easier to originize events -- hopoefully.

May 25th Saturday:
    Tortuga

9600 Westheimer Rd

Houston, TX (713) 784-5999

2. AOTC Cinemark Tinseltown USA Westchase at 2:45 PM

3. A viewing of ANH afterwards, PM Count_doughku or Darth-Stryphe for details on ANH viewing.

Cinemark Tinseltown USA Westchase

3600 W Sam Houston Pkwy S

Houston, TX 77042

(713) 952-1881

25. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm wondering, where do the other FF chapters meet when they expect a large turnout. Maybe some members of other chapters have some advice.

There really aren't a lot of places where you can get a large group together (at least for free)for meetings. Other than the library, where we couldn't exactly make a whole lot of noise, or a park (weather dependant) where else is there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.