main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Houston Fan-Force graphics

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by bebo_lokk, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qris-DawnVires

Qris-DawnVires Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    i agree darth-stryphe.

2. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Actually Stryphe, I was working on one, but I didn't want to go any further till we decided on that Group name and then I could theme the banner.

3. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    side bar
    for the latest sidebar attempt :)

4. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    going along with Buck's sidebar Idea and goldbubbly's idea of all of us wearing our Stawars out fits, could you each post a pic of yourself in a Starwars outfit?

5. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Ok, Crunchy wants to take a stab at it, and fair's fair, we'll wait a bit longer before making the final decision and review his, along with anyone else's, ideas. I would request everyone who wants to submit ideas get them ready by our Saturday 22nd meeting. Also, ideas we do not choose for the banners could still have a place on our official website -- something else we'll discuss in more detail at that meeting.

6. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    going along with Buck's sidebar Idea and goldbubbly's idea of all of us wearing our Stawars out fits, could you each post a pic of yourself in a Starwars outfit?

I have a better idea, how about taking the pics you currently have available of us (or could be sent to you), and digitally place our heads over the heads of actual SW character?

7. Darling

Darling Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    that would work much better seeing as i don't have a pic of me in a starars outfit. :)

8. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    Hehe, I can do that.

9. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    So who wants to be on Jabbas body? ;)

10. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    um, no thanx ;)

i'll search for a female jedi then....*ponders who will grab slave leia for themselves*

EDIT:

I like these two:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/siritachi/img/curve.jpg] [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/lexidio/img/movie_bg.jpg]

i don't know though if i want to use the FF pic or not yet, i'll get back to you on that.

11. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    then send all head shots to bebo_lokk and he will try and place your heads onto SW characters :) then shoot them over to me.

12. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    Well Stryphe, so far we have received no heads of the people on this forum that I am aware of. If you would like to see yourself evertime you log in, send buck a pic of yourself or let buck know exactly where to find a pic of you so that he does not have to search web pages and can spend more time putting the pics together. So far we have:

bebo_lokk
    DECO_DROID
    Crunchy
    Slow_Mo
    JediUnknown

we don't need more really, but again, if you would like to see yourself on the houston page, let us know...

13. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    I'm going to start making some fanforce icons if your interested.

I've made some of the current icons you see now. Including one fanforce icon for Atlanta. I'm also doing one for Havelock. Click on my sig to check out my icons. And yes I live in Houston.

14. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    those are pretty cool icons

15. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    UP

hey...i was thinking....umm...about this whole costume banner thing. Well...this is my oppinion so im open to what you guys think....but ummm i dont think its the best. Some of us dont have costumes....like me...and even if i did...this still wont be the best. By the time Episode 3 comes around there will be more people or just a different group. If the banner has faces of people from the old group these new people will feel like they arent apart of the group. Do you see where im getting at? Well...i was thinking...why not stick with the houston skyline.....this way people from our city will know they belong.....and it will be fair.

16. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Babypadme, the Houston skyline would be the top banner if we used it, the customs would be the side banner, if we used it, so the two wouldn't conflict. But anyway, you have some good points.

Hey there, Theron, welcome to the club. It's always good to meet a fellow DL. You're not the only Dark Lord of the JCC from Houston. Myself, Queenie, and Goldbubbly are also members.

17. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    Fair? What about for the people that get their faces on the banner put go away to other things and don't come back to the forum. Or what about the people who come in after the banner is up, they would feel left out, don't you think BabyPadme?

I didn't get a lot of pics or even headshots that Buck could play with so I kept it simple.

I put some Starwars costumes on the banner with the skyline and the astrodome in the background. I think that will work well, the pics are minimal so thatno one can feel like they missed out of the running when we decided to put pics up.

I think my banner will look nice for the Houston community to appreciate, so please don't bite my head off just yet ;)

18. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I must admit that I too am not that keen on the idea of putting pictures of members on the side banner, I think its a nice gesture & all, but I believe it may not work in the long-run. I also agree with BabyPadme in the fact that it may alienate new members; we are all equal in this group, and not one person is better or more important than anyone else. But I feel that a new member upon first entering the forum will be faced this montage of pictures featuring a select few members, this may make them feel inferior and belittled, and I don't believe that is the impression we want people to get. I know you guys probably think I'm taking this a little to seriously but Its just that I can't stand forums that have the older members that feel they are more elite than everyone else simply because they have been there longer, and I personally like this forum for the simple fact that not to many people on here are like that.

Oh yeah.. and no ones biting anyone's head off.... Its called constructive criticism. ;)

19. BabyPadme

Apr 28, 2002
    What about for the people that get their faces on the banner put go away to other things and don't come back to the forum. Or what about the people who come in after the banner is up, they would feel left out, don't you think BabyPadme?
    ummm....im not sure but i think thats what i meant :)

so please don't bite my head off just yet
    not too hard ;)

BTW, you have to agree with me Pollo, if not you would be in some deep doodoo. hehe :)

20. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Hmm...I don't know if I should put my input into this, since I do not have an alternative suggestion or any ability whatsoever to do this kind of stuff. However, I do not like the faces idea either. For the reasons that have been stated and just because I don't like it.

Just my two cents. :)

21. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    well, to put you two girls at ease, there are no "faces" on the banner, no one sent their pic so I didn't uses anyones pic. I believe I stated that above. I'm sure you gals can sleep better now... ;)

EDIT: You know what, forget it. I am not going to submit my banner now. I knew when I was making this thing that not everyone would like it. So just choose from the banners that you have already.

22. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Crunchy, I really don't think anyone has meant to "bite your head off." We appreciate your work on the banner and did not mean to offend you in the slightest.

I was confused at how the banner was going to look, but I was not complaining about it. I have no knowledge of these things, as I explained.

So, please don't be offended.

:)

23. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    okay, i've seen the sidebar, and design-wise, i just don't see the point of random faces, but i do think it would be cool to show people in costume. could it be in a different format, or as a faded background? maybe it could be integrated into the header area.

what's wrong with showcasing some of the talented star wars fans we have in this group? i think some of us are getting a little too concerned about possibly hurting the feelings of someone not picked. are we not all adults here? honestly...

yes, we are are created equal, but some of us are better at some things than others, and there's nothing wrong with recognizing their talents.

and for the record, i could care less if my picture is chosen or not. i was in two star wars costume contests and won nothing, but i still enjoyed being there and seeing everyone else in costume.

i think the best should be displayed to show new houston fanforce members how fun a group this is and what we can do! plus, part of the fun of costuming is helping others who want to make one of their own, and sharing with them how to do it!

so, in some form, i think costumed houston members should be displayed on the page. thank you...

24. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    I have seen the graphic Crunch is working on, I think it is very nice. Of course gave some some imput to it and did a little work on it with him, but over all there are I think 4 people in costume, and 3 of them are wearing masks.

Too bad you didn't win deco, It seems the armored people always do [face_devil]
    The last contest I was in, their was a Darth Maul that should have taken it all but in my opinion he was denied because of the over abundance of Darth Mauls. His, like yours, was not a Wal-Mart buy. It was completely home made, shaved head, yellow contacts and the rest of the 8.5 yards.

That does bring to light an event we could plan as a fan-force - a costume contest! And I get to judge [face_devil]

25. BabyPadme

Apr 28, 2002
    i seriously wasnt trying to hurt anyone...i think your graphix designs turned out great. i never said your graphix sucked or anything. i seriously didnt. my god...if we get outvoted...then thats fine...we all have different opinions...this one happens to be mine...im sticking with it...thats all....now, just cause i said i dont like that idea...doesnt mean quit with the graphix....do as much as you want...maybe...you can throw some other ideas out...and we can all vote. i dont know...im just being stupid....just forget what i mentioned above....im staying out of this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.