main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Houston FanForce February 2007 Meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthButt, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Alright guys... looks like we're finally getting closer to getting something more organized with chapter meet-ups! :D

Okay, for this month, TI1420 has suggested that we meet this Friday 2/16 at Stag's Head for happy hour. Sounds like fun!

Are we all interested in that? Any other suggestions? Can our schedules allow it?

Also, I've never heard of it, and don't know where it's at, so TI1420, if you could post location/directions, that would be great.

2. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I think it's around the Rice area.

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I'll post this to the MidSouth Events page. :)

4. StarStateSounds

StarStateSounds Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
    I've never been to a meet up, but could possibly attend this one. Grant me some insight?

5. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Here is a link to their website:

http://www.stagsheadpub.com/

It is located at 2128 Portsmouth, just west of the corner of Shepherd and Richmond.

5:30 it is.

I'll try and grab a big table for us and bring a helmet or some Star Wars item so we can find each other. I'm also in good with the staff, being a regular, so I can tell them what's going on and ask them to direct Star Wars inquiries in my direction.

See ya there!

6. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    I really hope to make it, might be a little later than 530, though. Hope you guys wait for me...

7. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    That times a little early for me but I will stop by later if anyone is still around. I have had most of my employees calling in sick this week and I have had to cover for them. How late is anyone going?

8. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Well, let's *start* at 5:30 and see how it goes...

can't say I'll be there all night or anything, but a few hours is reasonable- show up!!

9. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I should be there around 7.30 . Looking forward to it.

10. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    The earliest I leave from work is 5:30, so depending on traffic, it may be 6:30-ish before I get there.

11. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    That was a great place for a good beer and I had fun meeting yet another face to put to a name. Ian and Geek, looking forward to armoring up with you. We will slowly get others to join us. Great memorys. I want my Atari back.
    Thanks guys.
    David

12. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    It was good to see you again, David, and nice to meet you, Ruben. I had a great time talking geek with you guys!

We'll have to get together again, and we went over a lot of good event ideas: movie outings, armor parties, and the upcoming Battleship Texas photo shoot.

Hopefully we'll get a little more organized next time and more people will show up.

13. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Had a good time as well, was a little bit worried that a lowly 'water boy' would't fit in, but I was truly among my kind. So to anyone who was a bit leery about showing up, don't worry. None of us bite, we dont run with scissors, and I thought we were quite polite. Many thanks to Ian for putting the idea out there to meet after work, and to David for making time out of his busy work schedule to geek with us, and Bonnie for suggesting we have a flag to attract followers. Look forward to seeing you guys again and seeing new faces as well!

14. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Sorry, I couldn't make it. I was stuck at work until about 5:30 and our lab was being inspected that day so I was totally exhausted and fell asleep and didn't wake-up until like 9 or so. My husband and I will definitely try to make the next get together.

15. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    Crap! I didn't find out about this til today. I was at McElroy's last night which is right across the street from the Stag's Head. Oh well, I'll make the next meeting.

16. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Here is my excuse: I have a 7 and a 4 year old so those kinds of places are hard for me.

I'm pretty good at excuses, I'll have to try and not make one next time.

Glad you guys did it, bravo.

17. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Ian, I think I can make the Battleship photo shoot. Let me know the time. My GM said I could come in late that day. 501st here I come. Ruban, we have to get your boots for this. We are missing all the fun not being in with them. What size do you need?

18. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I showed up too early, I guess. Didn't realize it was right across from Rockin' Robin. I strolled around a few times looking for a Storm Trooper helmet or something on a table there but didn't see anything and left around 6:20. But I did come. Wasn't sure if everyone decided to bail or not. And man, was the traffic bad on the way back. Sorry I missed y'all. We are definitely trading cell phone numbers next time. Glad you guys had fun though! :)

19. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    You mean I missed you by about 15 minutes. One day we will meet and share our sports takes.

20. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Dang ... I missed it ... oh well, I guess that's what I get for not checking in. :oops:

21. WookieChuckles

WookieChuckles Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2004
    Any chance for an April Fan Force meeting in H-Town? I've been absent from the forums for awhile so I missed out on Feb's meeting even though it was in a great location for me. D'oh. Although I'm not going to be able to attend Celebration IV, I figure an April meeting would be a great chance for everyone here to coordinate their plans. Perhaps I can live vicariously through the planning. hehehe. Stag's Head sounds like a great location, so if anyone plans something count me in. Also I now work at another Houston landmark, The Chocolate Bar which might make for a fun meeting place, even though I think it might be less healthy than booze somehow. Those strong in the force are always welcome there. Or those loyal defenders of the Empire, ya know, so as not to exclude our boys in white. I'm usually there on weekend evenings, ask for Chuck.

22. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I am up for it. I just need a weeks notice to work out my time off with my asm. I am stuck here and cannot go myself but would gladly put together a shopping list for anyone going. Most of my funds are going into my snowtrooper project but I am always good for a good beer.

23. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I'm up for a meeting (that is if I'm in town at the time) ... if nothing more than to meet a few you of you all in person.

24. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm in for another Stag's Head meet-up as well. Pretty much any weekday evening is cool, or weekend afternoon thing also.

Is this a good part of town for everyone? Does anyone wish to suggest another place? Please speak up- I don't want anyone to feel left out or anything. Ideally, a happy time is had by all. And boy, did we get happy at Stag's Head last meeting! hehe

This time I will remember to bring a helmet or lightsaber or something to mark our table with!

25. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    TI1420,
    That works for me ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.