main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA How about 2008

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Raptor, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Another year is upon us.

Some things I have been thinking about.

I know that myself and Dot read alot of the EU novels, and we discuss them with each other once we have read them. If anyone else is interested I'd be happy to have some sort of EU books thread or something if anyone else is also reading the EU stuff.

We seem to still be having issues with meeting attendance. Small numbers and long distance being our two largest factors. Online meetings may help with that. There has not been alot of interest in the voice based meetings (Ventrilo/Skype). Perhaps chat based meetings? Something to think about.

I think that after two years of trying, it's safe to say that at this point we simply do not have the resources/manpower to pull off a fan film, or even an RPG. We are still open to suggestion though.

I'm working on getting the wvfanforce.com domain name back from Ithorian. I'd like to get the site back up with the chat and events calendar.

:)

2. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    These aren't the droids you're looking for...

3. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I like the ideas. I also think maybe we should try to get more people involved in the FanForce. Create Fliers for meetings and send them out. We are the only FanForce in WV aren't we? Maybe In my town and neighboring ones we could advertise for members.

It would also work good for me because I could get a ride to a meeting that way.

Maybe do our own Convention to drum up support?

4. Wraithwulf

Wraithwulf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2007
    I also Read the EU books. I actually own the entire series, and have read and reread em, so id love to chat about em. A weekly text chat might be good, tho we should prolly still and try to do a meeting from time to tiem in person, just when we can get one worked out, schedule wise.

5. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    I would like a Chat.....Its the only way I could communicate with my fellow WV SW fans.

6. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Hiya everyone!

Unfortunately, circumstances beyond my control kept me away from the internet for a while. I had a bit of....an accident....but am recovering now and doing better (I think)...*snort*

A meeting via chat sounds good to me. In fact, I remember way back when my first communication with you all was through chat. :)

I am excited about things to come in 2008, and of course seeing everyone at the Pitt Comicon again. I always enjoy the trip and getting to spend time with you all. :)

Hope you all had a good Christmas, and as I write this the clock is ticking down towards a new year. Wow....time sure does fly.

In any case, I am alive and well and looking forward to helping Outlanders' Haven move forward. What more could a person want? LOL!

:D

7. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    chat sounds good to me too.

I'd still like to hear what you all thought about my ideas about Fliers and what not. Or we could have a recruitment drive maybe?

i really think we could get more involved and help the club grow.

8. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Happy 2008 greetings to everyone!! I've been away from the group for far too long. I work pretty much every Saturday night at the skate rink in Bridgeport, and we open at 7pm. The only Saturdays I don't work are the ones on which we're travelling to a speed skating meet somewhere. I'd be in favor of online chat meetings except I work several evenings per week, namely Tues, Fri, and Saturdays. I could do it most any other time.

I read the EU books too. I'm currently reading the Legacy of the Force series. I'm on "Fury" having just finished "Inferno". I think an EU thread would be great.

Now its interesting that you mentioned a fan film, as it just happens that I have a friend who is also a film maker. He is planning to write and direct a Star Wars fan film, and he wants to shoot it this spring. If the group on its own doesn't have the resources to do its own film, maybe you guys would want to help with my friend's film? We're going to need plenty of help. Especially with costumes and props. We'll need lightsabers that we can actually beat around with. I was thinking maybe Fettish and her husband could help with that? Let me know what you guys think.

Sorry to have been away from the group for so long.

Lee

9. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Ok....I know I've been away for awhile, but are any of you guys alive out there?? Haha..

10. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    *checks for pulse* Yep, I'm still alive! :D

Hiya Zoomer, nice to hear from you. :)

11. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Hi Fettish...

I'm glad to be back around. I'm going start being more active with the group again. I miss hanging out with you guys.

What do you think of the fan film idea I mentioned?

Lee

12. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Hey Zoomer!

I think we would be happy to be involved in a FanFilm. We will have to probably discuss it more as a group during one of our meetings! Nice to see you around again!

13. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Thanks Rap. I'll have more details about the fan film, when my friend gives them to me. He's working on another film right now. He thinks it'll be spring, but realistically I'm betting on summer or fall. It gives plenty of time to get ready though.

14. darth_arctica

darth_arctica Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2008
    yo zoom...i finally found the fanforce...for everyone else i am the one wanting to make the fanfilm...im writing and directing another short film that i have been working on for many years now sometime early this year but as soon as i get that done i would love to do a short star wars film...i only have a few ideas at this point...so anybody who has any ideas or wants to help in any way let me know...i think with some help we could all make something pretty kick ass...rock on \m/

15. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Hey arctica! Glad you finally made it here! I'm really excited about helping on this film. Can't wait until we get started.

16. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Nice to meet ya! I'm looking forward to working on the film

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.