main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast How about a NE fanforce gathering at Six Flags

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by beezel26, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    How about it. We could have everyone from 501st and rebel legion as well. We could meet at Six Flags NJ enjoy the day together and maybe impress the crowds with our costumes. We could do something for charity at the same time. Who knows. Maybe somesort of Costume walk around the park all day but gathering signatures from everyone to pay something. And then march and collect the money for charity. What do you guys think about it. We could have fun at the same time.

What do you think say mid July to early August.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There's a Six Flags in NJ now? When did that open?

3. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Great Adventure???? Been there ever since I was a kid and I'm 30+ years old.

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
  5. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    RI is thinking of getting a trip organized to six flags new england in MA this summer ... you know you wanna goooo :D

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Usually the YJN (Niagra) group organises a camp out in aug at the six flags here in Central NY. You guys should think about coming up to hang out here ;)

7. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Hey I like road trips. Darien lake sounds good. I definitely would like to do Six flags in Springfield Mass. Its real close.

8. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hmmmmmmmm....this may be feasible!

9. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I can get my family to come to NJ. Since they live there.

10. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I can't stand the Six Flags aka Great Adventure in New Jersey. Maybe it's because I've been going there since I was in high school, and it's just not fun anymore. I enjoyed going to Six Flags over Texas in Arlington, TX....because it was new to me. I'll be down for the New England Six Flags for sure!

11. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Well we can have the NJO come up to Springfield for a fun day an amusement park then.

12. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Don't mean to dissapoint but... Last year I tried to get us a day a Six flags in NJ. They do NOT allow costumes that cover your face (meaning no masks).
    We then tried to just go as a big group have fun and maybe do a big catered picnic. To do the picnic we needed min. 100 people. If you guys are still interested its no problem for me I'm like 20 min. from six flags I could do the leg work.

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    perhaps if you contacted someone there about doing a special day there perhaps they would even let u be part of the entertainment that day, ya never know.

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    If you all would like to go to the Six Flags in Jersey, buster has all of the contacts for Six Flags. We would need 100 people to attend in order to get it catered and to have a special dining hall there.

Also, no masks in your costumes. So maybe it will be a no costume get together?

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    we have season passes for six flags I think we can use them in NJ? I will have to call and see.......

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    definitely give them a call and find out!

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This actually might be something that I could convince my group into attending. Afterall, it's not that long of a drive...I think we could manage.

I'll be watching this thread for more details. :)

18. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    This could attact some DC folks as well, depending on the date. I know I'm not one to turn down an excuse to ride a roller coaster or two. :D

19. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    If we could DEFINITELY get 100 people, this could work. Let's throw some dates out there.

20. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    This could be fun. [face_love]

21. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Do you think it's worth it, if enough area people are interested, to meet up in one location and rent a bus to Great Adventure??

22. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    The lot of us in Jersey will be driving, and most don't even live too far from there either.

So, if anyone does want to do this, and if we can DEFINITELY get 100 people or more (if we can't, we'll just do a big toodoo anyway) please PM me. I will be more than happy to get the ball rolling on this!

23. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    What dates are we looking at. Because In mid august Rh and Boston are planning one to Six Flags massachusetts.

24. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    ooh!! I think the NJO would love to attend that. I have no idea what dates for the Six Flags here, it seems like it's a moot point right now.

25. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I would love to have this happen.
    I remember talking about this during Empire Fanfest with the New Jersey Order.
    Hopefully some plans will be discussed over the Memorial Day weekend while I'm down visiting in New Jersey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.