main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How about a "Revelations Arc" to help explain all that has happened?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Who would like to see a 3 piece arc that involves Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka standing before the Jedi Council that would help explain what had transpired before, during and after the movies, as well as all the Force related events in the Clone Wars, especially what happened in the Mortis Arc? They could call it the "Revelations Arc".

This could take place right after the Mortis Arc, and they could start it off right after the three Jedi mentioned above had given their report of what had happened there. They could go into the history of the prophecy and why Anakin might or might not be the chosen one. They could explain why the force is unbalanced and why it diminishes their abilities. They could reveal the history of the Sith and how they (Darth Maul and whomever) might have kept hidden during the last millenia, as well as what their role is concerning the prophecy. They could talk about how the Sith have an influence in the Senate and why they were behind the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo that started the war. They could also talk about the corruption of the alien controlled organizations and their own underhanded dealings within the Republic. They could go over how and why Dooku had fallen from grace some time later to only replace Darth Maul as a new dark lord. They could explain what they did to investigate how the creation of the clone army was orchstrated and who Sifo-Dyas really was, and the reason why (if they think) he might have done it without consulting others.

If there's anything I left out, please, post it.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Sounds like a clip show.

Get Troy McClure to come back as a Force ghost to host it and I will give you my approval.

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Sounds like an incredibly enlighting and mindnumbingly boring trilogy.

4. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Dave says our questions in the Mortis trilogy will be answered eventually in the series so that part is covered... hopefully

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    A clip show trilogy? Hell no.

One episode going over Mortis with further development and explanation? With no action, just talking for 22 minutes? I think I'll pass.

As much as we all want to see answers, they don't really translate well onto the screen without it being a boring lecture.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    OBI-WAN: Master Yoda, we have questions about a recent mission.

YODA: About the great Rakatan mindtrap in the sky, do you ask? Yes? Hmmmm?

OBI-WAN: ?:eek:

YODA: Surprised, you are?

OBI-WAN: How did you know about it?

YODA: My test this was! Forthcoming, grades will be. Mmm hmm hmm hoo hoo ho hmm hmm!!!

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Not just talk, shown through flashbacks and whatnot. None of you guys want to see historical flashbacks about the Jedi Order and the Sith?

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I personally think it's a great idea as long as Yoda keeps his usual role of giving them his best advice while still acknowledging the ambiguity of the Force. If they do it in a way that spoon-feeds the ultimate truth of the Star Wars universe to us I think it would inevitably be a disaster.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    If this, then I'm in.

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, no.

The best thing about mysteries is when they don't get explained.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Any further explanation or any mentioning of Mortis is going to be a huge nightmare. [face_plain]

The episodes? "Gather around, children, today we're going to be discussing about what happened on Mortis for 22 minutes"

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    =D=

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    agreed as well.....

I can tolerate Mortis barely- but if we have mortis of mortis with parallels of parallels then come on idiotism raises potentially- then we would need revelations of those revelations that were revealed in Secrets Revealed aka Mortis:oops:

NO!

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Swash when season four starts with a Mortis sequel arc:

[image=http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg]

15. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I was thinking along the lines of a panel at a convention where they discuss this.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't see how they would do a Mortis "sequel," and I don't think we will get one. On Filoni's Facebook page, he answers questions that "Mortis is a beginning, not an ending" (which is vague) and when somebody asks if Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi-Wan will talk about the events on Mortis, he said they will not talk about it to each other.

They will evidently speak more about Mortis, but I think that will be a small detail in a larger story. They can't really go back to Mortis, since there's nothing there. The Father, Son, and Daughter are all dead, and after the Father died the planet seemed to be falling apart. I guess Anakin could talk to Yoda about it, or even Palpatine. But even then I think it will be brief (any individual scene in TCW is never that long). Mortis really established the point in which Anakin started to believe that he is the Chosen One. It might be a beginning that gradually leads to the arrogant attitude he has in ROTS.

And no, I'm not wild about an actual recap episode (that eats up one of the episodes of the season). Especially not a three part one. If anything, they can do something like Lost in which there is an episode that immediately precedes the season premiere and is comprised of clips from previous episodes and that has a narrator that is explaining everything that has happened. But such a clip episode still remains separate from the actual Season.

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I can't really see this

18. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    It's got to start somewhere. And people basically telling him that he's going to be the strongest Jedi ever, and that he's ultimately destined to do great things would be good enough reason to be arrogant, but he outright rejected the idea of him being the Chosen One as a myth prior to Mortis. If it were something else, I'd find it pretty lame. He went from angsty apprentice to responsible Jedi Knight to crying about not being a master and feeling an entitlement to more power. What would cause that?

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    His arrogance starts somewhere in AOTC. The films set it up, we didn't need the Mortis mess to tell us that, IMO. And when are we ever told that Anakin had ever dismissed the Chosen One prophecy (and his role as the Chosen One) as a myth?

20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    He was arrogant in AOTC, but it has been severely eased up in TCW. And he explicitly says that "the Chosen One is a myth" in Overlords, when the Father tells him that he is the Chosen One.

Father: When news had reached me that the Chosen One had been found, I needed to see it for myself.

Anakin: The Chosen One is a myth.

Father: Is it? I should very much like to know. Why don't we find out together?

And in Ghosts of Mortis:

Qui-Gon: You have grown powerful, just as I imagined. Do you believe you are the Chosen One?

Anakin: How can I know?

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Mortis didn't explain anything what comes to Anakin's attitude- quite a contrary it messed it up further like it messed up everything else......

22. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I wonder if by now we've actually discussed the whole Mortis thing more than Ahsoka's fate...

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I see. So Mortis almost addressed the issues that it itself introduced. :p

24. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Dave said on the Forcecast there will be another set of episodes that deal with the Mortis trilogy and answer some questions that arose because of the Mortis trilogy so yes we are getting more. Dave made it quit clear that there will be more episodes.

Also I don't think what is suggested would be good on screen but I sure would like to see a script at least written out and posted on the OS. I think it would be a cool idea to see every few weeks a script that comes out that is dialog between the jedi council members about the war and how it is effecting the order.

Didn't Dave also give us a dialog that was set before the Landing at Point Rain episode. I found that script to be fun, and was disappointed that it was not animated because I thought the dialog was great.

Anyway, no episode, but a dialog would be nice.

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Everybody keeps saying the Mortis arc. I was talking about "all" of the major events of the movies and clone wars dealing with the Jedi, the Sith, the Republic and the Seperatists. Who are these Sith Lords, and what effect do they have on the balance of the Force? Who was Shmi Skywalker, and do the Jedi believe it was an immaculate conception or the work of another Force Wielder? Who is Chancellor Palpatine, and how could his powerful presence and others of his kind be overlooked? Do they suspect the reason behind the Invasion of Naboo, and why after so many thousands of years they would now tax the trade routes? What did they do to investigate who the other Sith might be? Did they question the Neimoidians themselves? In what ways did the corruption of the Senate effect the living beings of the Galaxy, and which corporate organizations were accused of corrupting senators? Who was Sifo-Dyas? How was it that a clone army was able to get an entire arsenal of weapons and ships at their disposal? Who supplied them? Did Sifo-Dyas set that up, too, or did the Jedi Council do it right after they found out about the clones? How was it paid for? Who is Count Dooku, and what did he mean to the Council before he turned? Why is he a count? Who is General Grievous, and why was he chosen as the leader of the droid army?

There are many questions that weren't answered in the Movies, or the Clone Wars, for that matter. I just feel that if Lucas won't explain these important plot holes in the movies, then maybe he should in the Clone Wars. Plus, there are many who think we should have an episode or two that focuses on the Jedi Council, and I think this would be a very good way to showcase them. They called last season the Secrets Revealed series, but the only secret learned was that Darth Maul came from a barbaric clan and that he had two surviving brothers. I think this next season should focus on what the Jedi and Sith know about each other, and what this balance of the Force really is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.