main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How about a Sifo-Dyas movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Lulu Mars, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I was just thinking about possible ways for LFL to do for TPM what they're now doing for ANH with RO.
    It might be difficult, though, considering the lack of action in that time period. One possibility would be a political thriller, I guess (starring Ian McDiarmid and Terence Stamp!!).

But how about they delve into the fate of Sifo-Dyas and the clone affair? I realize that Dooku would need to be in it and they'd have to cast someone new for that part, but I'd personally be very interested in actually seeing what happened.
    It'd also be neat to have Ian do a Sidious cameo ;)

EDIT: I'd also like to get me some live action Pykes :cool:

Title suggestion: "Dawn of the Clones".

2. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    This is an interesting idea. The main difficulty I see is that there would need to be a neat twist for the film to be truly interesting - presenting the most logical series of events given what the audience sees in AotC and/or TCW would not make for a particularly interesting film, IMO, since it's no fun if one can fairly accurately predict in which direction a mystery will go. I thought the way James Luceno handled it in the novel Darth Plagueis was a neat twist, but such a film would probably not be able to use that idea anymore since the novel is now part of Legends.

I feel that there would also be an expectation for the film to be able to mesh almost perfectly with the dialogue in AotC (and to a smaller extent TCW) and ensure that every line of dialogue in AotC is logical given the events of the film, which might be a little hard to achieve.

3. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Difficult, but not impossible :)

4. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Super cool idea! And i like the live pikes idea. Those would be a sight to see.

I could totally see it as a political thriller. Or something reminiscent of The Fugitive movie Harrison Ford did..

Lulu Mars likes this.
  5. KBGreedo

KBGreedo Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    One thing that always frustrated me about Episode II is how little the Syfo-Dias subplot was explained. I've seen the movie countless times, and I still am not entirely sure how things went down between him, the cloners, and Tyrannus. I'm all for an in-depth exploration of those events, no matter what form it takes.

6. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Nah.

Howard Hand likes this.
  7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That sounds like high politics. They aren't going down that path for a while.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Isn't the movie just Orders Clone army, is murdered by Pykes.

9. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Did the Pykes kill him? I thought Tyranus did that himself.

10. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I saw a comic strip somewhere that showed Dooku talking to a dead/frozen Syfo-Dias..

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, Christopher Lee couldn't be in it sadly so no. :(

The Vanguard and TCF-1138 like this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Agreed. No one could replace sir Christopher Lee as Count Dooku, and since he is gone, well...
    I could accept a young Dooku in some Anthology film taking place 60 years earlier or something, but no recasting of an older Dooku.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah, it's hard to imagine someone else being Dooku - and he would've been too old by now to be convincing, anyway.
    MAYBE if he'd had a son, or a younger brother, who was an actor and enough of a look-and-sound-alike to pull it off...

14. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Agreed. Seeing a young Dooku in an anthology film would be wild! I wonder who could be cast if they did that?

15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    No, nope, never going to ever happen.

This is a business. When 99% of your viewing audience would say Sifo Who, no major corporation is ever going to take a mega-money making property like Star Wars and create a feature film around such an idea.

You've got a better shot at a Yaddle movie.

Dak Oolron and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  16. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    The obscurity of Sifo-Dyas is why they'd focus the title, the marketing and the story on what it's really about, which is the clone army. Characters like Dooku, Jango, Yoda, Mace and maybe Sidious would be heavily featured in trailers and on posters, along with Sifo-Dyas.

It is unlikely, though... but I'd be pleasantly surprised!

TheOneX_Eleazar and The Vanguard like this.
  17. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I can't believe that this hasn't occurred to me before, but a clone origin movie could also mark the return of Liam Neeson as live action Qui-Gon! The film could open shortly before the events of TPM and possibly provide some insight into Qui-Gon's relationships with Dooku and Sifo-Dyas. Perhaps they were all good friends and maybe Qui-Gon's death affected their decisions...

The Vanguard likes this.
  18. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I completely agree. It's a real shame Christopher Lee has passed for multiple reasons. One being I would have liked a scene capturing his reaction when he first finds out about Qui-Gon's death. On top of the comic drawing..
    WHo would play Syfo-Dias?

Lulu Mars likes this.
  19. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Forty years ago, I might have said Burt Reynolds, but now...
    I'll have to meditate on that.

EDIT: Elias Koteas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Vanguard likes this.
  20. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    OR Jeremy Irons!
    Daniel de Lewis?

Lulu Mars likes this.
  21. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Daniel Day-Lewis wouldn't be a bad choice, actually!

The Vanguard likes this.
  22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't mind seeing a "political thriller" type covering the details of this storyline. But it's true-not having Lee/Dooku in it would be very hard to do. Honestly there are many other periods or stories I'd prefer to explore first. This is pretty far down the list for me...

23. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    A film based on a character who only exists out of a last minute decision by Lucas to avoid an obvious play on the name "Sidious"?

Not for me, thanks

24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Last minute idea or not, the character has weight, and seeing the events unfold would be epic.

I wouldn't want Syfo-Dias to be the main character though. .
    I could see the movie following a different Jedi within the order who is instructed to monitor S.D. and basically keep track of his movements because one or two members on the council don't trust him. Something like that. The story is told from a Jedi's percpective during the time leading up to the purchase of a clone army.

The story would weave all the side-dealings going on with Sidious and the discovery of the Kaminoans. The movie could also showcase more of Jango Fett and how he got selected to be the host used for thr clones.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  25. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Collin Chou.

[​IMG]

Lulu Mars likes this.