main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How about a SW murder/cop-thriller feat. Coran Horn back in his pre-rogue squadron days??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sith-slayer, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith-slayer

sith-slayer Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Lately my fiancee and I have been listening to books-ontape durring trips ... the majority of them have been murder-mystery/cop-thrillers. On my own I have made it a goal to try and finnish all the EU including NJO in chrono order by the time the episode III comes out (I'm currently on barbara hambly's children of the jedi). And what originally got me really excited about EU... was Michael Stackpole's handling of rouge squadron especially Coran Horn's character.
    And I think a book like this showing Coran using his trained instincts when he was working for Corsec investigating a murder ...maybe even centering it around the death of his father...
    so many possiblities .. could even lead to a series....

2. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    In the Baron Fel, X-Wing graphic novel, there is Coran as a Cor Sec agent.

3. ElegosAKla

ElegosAKla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    No, I like corran better as a Jedi, when he is not so egotistical. That was bad enough in X-wing pre Bacta War. I do not want to imagine him as a cop.

4. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    The best thing about the NJO is the lack of Corran Horn.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    No thanks, there's enough Law and Order shows here in Aust as it is! Three already, but the first is the worst with their corny liners just before the opening credits show:

(Examining a murdered person on the street, shot in the back, but can't find any clues at the scene)

"Well, we know one thing at least."
    "Yeah, he didn't see that one coming."

Or . . .

"The witness just saw the last two digits of the number plate: U and V."
    "I'll bet you long odds we'll find a jealous spouse, and add an L with it."

So if there was a CorSec this would only happen . . .

Corran: "Seems the victim was coldly killed, here in the park."
    Iella: "How do you mean?"
    Corran: "They got him in the shade."

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    LOL Excellence.

As far as I know, the closest you'll get to this is the aforementioned Rogue Squadron comic andthe short story Side Trip from Tales from the Empire.

7. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Watch it, Excellence. I love Law and Order and those lines. Especially if Jerry Orbach says them.

Anyway, if they decide to do something like that, they should start with a new character, not Corran Horn. Somehow I don't see Corran making smart remarks like Jerry does on L&O.

8. DARKAURUM

DARKAURUM Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    " The best thing about the NJO is the lack of Corran Horn."

Right on. Enough of Stackpole's self-indulgent character.

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Yep, as Knight says, that short story Side Trip has Corran in his CorSec days. The Family Ties part of the Blood and Honor comic has Iella in it too.

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Unlike others, I like this idea. I've always liked murder mysteries and I love shows like CSI. That and I want to be a Federal Agent, so perhaps I like the idea because of that. :p

11. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    But, I love Corran! He's one of my favorite characters.

12. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    I think that a Corran "cop drama" would be cool, mainly because Stackpole is so good with the "investigation/crime mystery" storyline. If you want to see what a Corran Horn solo "investigation/mystery" story may look like, check out Stackpole's Dark Conspiracy/Fiddleback trilogy . . . especially the first book, "A Gathering Evil", told in the author's signiture first person point of view. Good Stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.