main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How about an Episode 3.5 series?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SoftballWizard388, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoftballWizard388

SoftballWizard388 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    Would anyone else like to see an Episode 3.5 book or game series?

They can't cram everything into Episode III. I would love to see some early Darth Vader activities, or how Obi-Wan adjusts to life on Tatooine, etc.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I think it's pretty obvious that we'll see SOMETHING between 3 and 4. But probobly not till 2006.

3. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    I imagine most of the Jedi are going to die post Ep. 3.

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Actually, I think it would be really nifty if they would bridge EIII and ANH with a kind of unified publishing campaign, akin to the "Republic" comics or to the NJO books, but in multiple genres - a lot like the "Clone Wars" campaign, actually. It'd be interesting to see the change of governments and the rise of the Rebellion told in a very structured, planned way as opposed to haphazardly. They could even approach it chronologically. I like it.

-Paul

5. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm sure we'll see something. Lucasfilm Licensing has to keep the fans interested in new stories, since there will be no more new movies.

I see the potential for many, many stories and games. After all, this is the period of the Jedi's extermination, the Empire's solidifying of power, and the early days of rebellion.

6. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I thought at one time that there would be enough material to make a 3.5 SW movie.

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    For myself, I'm still much more intrested in seeing some new stories set in the TotJ era.

8. Talz

Talz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    I certainly agree that the period between Episode III and IV has a HUGE potential for very interesting stories. Anakin is now the focus of the saga but we haven't seen much of him in the EU yet, and stories about his early years as Darth Vader could be very intriguing. Looking forward to many years of good Star Wars even after Episode III :)

9. Tekk_Zero

Tekk_Zero Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    It would be interesting to see a story arc covering the events in between ep.3 and ep.4. :)

10. Cal_Omas

Cal_Omas Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2003
    Naturally, all the Jedi can't die in Episode III and all of the galaxy cannot be conquered by the Empire in Episode III. Considering there is a 20-year gap between Episodes III and IV, I will be very disappointed if those 20 years are not as thoroughly(sp?) covered as the 20 years after ROTJ. And I'm not talking one 10-books series called "The Jedi Purge", I'm talking several book series. This will do an excellent job binding together the two trilogies, and have the potensial to create a lot of very good Star Wars books.

11. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I think we'll see Lucasarts in there, release a game or two...maybe a book or comic series...the problem with that era is that A) the primary characters will be growing up, and I can just see the "tales" of young Luke Skywalker...for someone bored with his desert world life, we'll see many exciting adventures...yuck.

B) between 3 and 4 is going to be very dark for the most part, and that's not usual for Star Wars (except NJO)...perhaps read about the birth of the Rebel Alliance, but even that has been touched on in other places...the good guys can't win, so it will be hard.

I think the window is not as open between 3 and 4 as we think...especially depending on what Lucas has in 3.

12. GA_Pellaeon

GA_Pellaeon Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    I agree, this will be a good story time, but you know what? I'm looking forward to some stories in between IV and V, and V and VI. I know that theres shadows of the empire, but thats really all.

I think it would be interesting to get some stories during the classic trilogy period. It would be great to have some stories from the perspective of Vader AND Luke in the same book. And the possibilities are broader and different now that we've seen Vader as Anakin, and are likely to empathise with him more.

To have a solid backstory of Vader now gives writers the opportunity to get beghind the mask and show us the turmoil that must be going on.

I figure that between ep. 3 and 5, Anakin will be committed, or will have submitted to his new life as Vader. But we could get to experience the "conflict within him" as he perhaps realises he isn't locked into the path he chose when he destroyed the republic.

Since ep. 2 i've started thinking "A New Hope" maybe symbolises a new hope for Vader. I think it would be great if we had a series (note series) that detailed this for us from Anakin/Vader's perspective.

I've rambled enough now, tell me what you think.

13. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I think we can be in store for some very good books after Episode 3. The rise of the Empire and the rise of Vader. The rise of Tarkin. Then there can be stories revolving around both Luke and Leia when they were children -- especially Leia, since she lives in the royal family to begin with. The rise of her career into the senate.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I agree, this will be a good story time, but you know what? I'm looking forward to some stories in between IV and V, and V and VI. I know that theres shadows of the empire, but thats really all.<<

There's actually alot in there, that era is the most heavily packed of any era- Marvel, Classic SW, Empire, GOF, RIver of Chaos, Missions, RS games, Dark Forces, X-wing/TIE Fighter, Radio Dramas, in addition to Splinter. Check out TC's thread below for some coverage on that:

From the Battle of Yavin to the invasion of Hoth: Darth Vader's story

>>I think it would be interesting to get some stories during the classic trilogy period...To have a solid backstory of Vader now gives writers the opportunity to get beghind the mask and show us the turmoil that must be going on.<<

The Empire comic series will be mainly adding to this era, the first story arc, Betrayal, did a good job of showing some of the turmoil behind the mask, as you say.

15. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    i would really like to see a game where you play Darth Vader and drop a whole bunch of those pesky jedi...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.