main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How about doing a full list of star wars parodies/references?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Kouby, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    So, does that mean you saw it too, Obis-Grl?
    Or do you think I'm crazy?

2. LeeKenobi

Aug 13, 2002
    Then, there was the animated short before MIIB, where Yoda and Darth Vader were arm wrestling.

3. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    In a book called Good Omens, Pepper is talking about how she would never talk about cosmic harmony if she was an alien, and said "This is my blaster, Rebel Scum, so do what you're told." in a Darth Vader voice. If anyone had to play the part of any stupid princesses with weird hairdoes, it wouldn't be Pepper.

4. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    Another one:

The movie "Free Enterprise" is full of pop culture references, including STAR WARS.
    For example, there's a scene when the character of Robert, as a child, is getting beat up by another kid. For a moment, in his mind, Robert talks to his imaginary friend and idol, William Shatner (played by Shatner himself).
    Shatner tells Robert, "that Aryan youth is about to knock you into oblivion." But Robert says he has to fight the kid because of the terrible thing he said. Shatner asks what could be so terrible, and Robert says that the other kid said Han Solo was cooler than Captain Kirk.
    Shatner replies, "Kick the little *****er's a**."

Funny movie, by the way.

5. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    Here's another one:

In another episode of "NewsRadio", Dave (Dave Foley) is stunned when Matthew (Andy Dick) comes up with this idea: STAR WARS is a metaphor for the Nixon Administration. The scene includes this exchange (approximate quotes):

DAVE: Okay, then if what you say is true, who's Nixon?
    MATTHEW: Yoda.
    DAVE: Wait a minute! Yoda was a wise and good teach-
    MATTHEW: No, Dave. Yoda was a Muppet. It was just a puppet. And the man behind Yoda, the puppeteer, is the one who ordered the secret bombings in Cambodia.
    DAVE: Kissinger?
    MATTHEW: Exactly.

So, I guess that means Luke and Han are Woodward and Bernstein?

6. LeeKenobi

Aug 13, 2002
    Then there was an Episode of Celebrity Deathmatch, when Mark Hamill was up to fight.
    He was attacked by an alien and he asks "Whadda I do now."

Obi-Wans voice is heard. "Mark, trust your instincts."

Mark: "What use the Force?"

Obi-Wan: "No, Mark. RUN LIKE HELL."

7. SkywalkerSolo

SkywalkerSolo Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2002
    This is probably too small to count, but I was just watching "Valley Girl" with Nick Cage and there's a scene where he's driving in Hollywood with the girl, right after they pass Mann's Chinese, you can see a theater on the right that has ESB on the marquee. It was kinda cool for me as I caught it just as I was falling asleep. -Sky

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.