main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC How about name badges for line party?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TrueRevanite, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueRevanite

TrueRevanite Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    Cassie and I were looking around Wal-Mart today trying to piece together a costume for her (Mara Jade, if you want to know... she wants to do the one where she is a dancer in Jabba's palace... check the Star Wars database if you want a preview ;-)) and we saw badge holders and the clips for them marked down. We bought a few of them... enough to make 24 badges. The idea was since we are supposed to come out in force... no pun intended... that we really set ourselves out. Some of us will be wearing costumes over our T-Shirts, so those might not get to be shown off. The badges would be simple. This is the layout we were thinking (using me as an example):

EASTERN RIM OUTLANDERS FAN FORCE
    TRAVIS
    "TrueRevanite"

We ran it by a couple of the guys tonight and they really liked the idea. We suggested using pictures as well, but they didn't care for that. Like I said, we have bought the badge holders and everything and would be happy to print one out for everyone that is going to attend the line party for no charge. If you think it is a good idea, let us know. Also, if you like the idea and have any ideas for them, please feel free to share them. We think the badges would be a good way to identify ourselves and people that see our booth would be able to see how many of us there are, see how united we are, and be able to recognize us to possibly speak to us about how great of an experience this group really is.

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Although I usually frown on those "Hi, My Name Is..." badge, I like your idea and the layout. You may want to get with Lodreh about doing them in the same font as is on our website.

3. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    A very cool idea....

4. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Definitely a good idea, TrueRevanite. I like it lots! :) Count me in for one!

5. TrueRevanite

Sep 10, 2004
    An update on the badges:

I spent most of last night finishing them and printing them out. Cowgirl and I got a little creative on them.

The background is a faded shot of Anakin and Obi-Wan crossing 'sabers from the movie ( if you load starwars.com and look at the opening page when it loads... it is a HEAVILY Photoshopped version of that). It is faded into the background and looks great. On either side, there is a Sith lightsaber to kind of draw attention. They are fairly thin and don't make the badge too busy, but is enough to make a nice border and draw a little attention. Also, we used a simple form of WordArt to make the Eastern Rim Outlanders be big and bold, so people could see those words from a larger distance. The font... I want the font to be a suprise... we are both proud that we found something a little special for the font. If you would like to see the layout, sans text, to see what they will look like to make sure they aren't too busy, I can send you a copy. All credit goes to Cowgirl on the Photoshop and finding the lightsabers. I will take credit for finding the font. :)

6. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Very cool!!! I wonder how hard it would be to get them laminated???

7. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    How big are they?

8. TrueRevanite

Sep 10, 2004
    Drakkor: They are about as big as an ID card.

Riff: No need. They have been printed out on card stock and we have plastic badge holders with clips we are putting them in. THey look great... but I might be biased, LOL

9. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Very cool! :)

10. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    sounds cool man, good work.

11. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    "Badges!?!? We don't need no stinking badges!" Wait, this isn't the movie quote thread. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.