main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How about Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul (Round 2) ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CounciloftheSith, May 2, 2016.

1. CounciloftheSith

CounciloftheSith Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2016
    Darth Maul is back and Obi-Wan is older. A reunion fight to the last would be very good.
    Imagine Obi-Wan's surprise when he sees Maul again.

Thoughts?

2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    No, I think their rivalry has ended. And besides, the odds of them meeting each other at this point is next to nil.

Maul killed Satine in front of Obi-Wan, he got his revenge. He's more upset with Sidious at the moment.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  3. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I'd say they're pretty even at this point. I think Maul is more concerned with the empire, he said he has "his own reasons" for wanting it to fall, which I imagine have something to doing with getting back at Palpatine. So I imagine his revenge is more focused against him now.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's really unlikely at this point because Obi Wan is not in the best fighting shape anymore and this is far to close to ANH now.

Also Maul has gotten his revenge on Kenobi by killing Satine.

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Maul said he never had any plans of killing Obi Wan. He had his vengeance. A fight between him and Ben would be pointless. Maul's struggle is against Sheev now, which we know he will ultimately fail in, or go completely off the map again (again) [again].

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well how many times has maul come back
    Season 4
    Son of Dathomir
    Twilight

Third times a charm.

7. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think Obi-Wan should be the one to take out Maul...Maul may be done with Obi-Wan...but Maul killed the woman he loved....I see Obi-Wan brushing the dark side on that one.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That's completely un Obi one though.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    This sorta thing is in every Darth Maul thread already. What Round 2 ?! That passed already on TCW, Maul won. And Kenobi is not like Anakin, there is no revenge in him and he was broken by Maul on Mandalore and routinely defeated and captured by Maul during TCW. Kenobi instead would turn back to rescue the Chancellor along with Skywalker during the opening of ROTS, so one does not get the impression that Kenobi hated Maul, Kenobi always put duty first even before his love of Satine or Anakin - Kenobi is very by the book like when the Clone pilots are getting killed and he gives Skywalker an order to stay on point instead of rescuing or bailing out the Clones. Kenobi's round 2 against Vader was rather pathetic in ANH, I don't really want to see an aged and balding Ewan playing Alec's Kenobi as Maul who is very much in pretty top form and no trouble using the Force and taking down rather powerful Dark Side Sith trained warriors as shown on Rebels plus he blinded Kanan and forced Ahsoka to flee up the pyramid. Besides, Maul had no interest in Kenobi during SOD, he instead turned to face a more worthy challenge to himself, two Jedi Knights of considerable ability, Secura and Windu who together could not stop nor take down Maul as a team. And other Jedi teams were actively hunting Maul and Savage and dying and neither the team of Skywalker and Kenobi could've stopped an early Savage. Master Gallia was no match for a more seasoned Savage by herself and both her and Kenobi along with Ventress and Kenobi were outmatched by the Sith Brothers. Maul never wanted to kill Kenobi, just make him suffer which he accomplished. Its not like old Ben Kenobi is gonna go off on a personal crusade and leave Luke unguarded back on Tatooine just to face off against an extremely powerful and well seasoned Sith Lord who battles Sith and Jedi alike and the Force is clearly on his side. Was not like Kenobi was wiping out huge swaths of stormtroopers and killing Inquisitors on Tatooine nor onboard the Death Star for the past nearly two decades am sorry. Kenobi of ANH era would not be a match for Darth Maul that is a very mundane scenerio unless they reinvent Kenobi to appease a certain geek fan base - but its not like he was much of a match even in TPM nor by the time Kenobi was an experienced Jedi Master during the Clone War(s).

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Maul didn't break Obi-wan, he resisted the pull of the darkside on Mandalore much to Maul's anger but yeah there is no point for them to fight unless Maul ends up on Tatooine for whatever reason.

11. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I'd say the only satisfying scenario for a final Maul vs Kenobi fight would be as a struggle on Tatooine where Maul has figured out who "Ben's" kid neighbor is, since Ben is almost certainly locked to that planet for quite some time, with that being the impetus for their final clash. And honestly, if we got something like that, I'd rather see it as an anthology film that goes full Unforgiven-Westen-Samurai film. I'm not the only one to suggest this on the anthology board, but just picture McGregor, Park, and Morrison playing old version of Kenobi, Maul, and Cody in a film that's about dying yo make sure you don't waste your twilight years, and featuring a final Duel of the Fates during a sandstorm (that sends sparks shooting off the lightsaber blades) at the burnt remains of the Tusken village that Anakin slaughtered (using the dark side's clouding of the area as cover for a massive fight.)

12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Don't have to imagine anymore. Filoni granted your wish. How cool is that?

13. theForceChangesYou

theForceChangesYou Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2017
    It was a beautiful and poetic end to the Maul and Obi-wan conflict.

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Did Maul have a thing for Satine?