main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How about Shoguns or Osaka...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by gw2tulsa, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angry_Princess

Angry_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Maybe I didn't make a fool of myself after all. heehee I looked homonym up in the dictionary cuz it bothered me that I couldn't remember. According to Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary a homonym is "one of two or more words spelled and pronounced alike but different in meaning (as the noun quail and the verb quail)" and a homophone is "one of two or more words pronounced alike but different in meaning or derivation or spelling (as the words to, too, and two) 2 : a character or group of characters pronounced the same as another character or group" Maybe me not so dumb after all. ;)

2. Angry_Princess

May 26, 2002
    Hooray!!! That's an awesome name. QueenOverVader. You go girl! heehee :) We are slowly evening out the odds. :)

3. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    hehe we shall see. I never give up hope

4. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Could be, but neither of those definitions really fit. Although homophone is closer. I'm talking things like 'live' and 'read'. Each with two different conotations. Same spelling, different pronounciations, different meanings.

Anyway, I'll stop this now since I don't want to bore any of you who aren't geeks out there (is there someone who isn't?) :) Besides, there may not even be a word for this. I'll have to make one...

5. Angry_Princess

May 26, 2002
    Oh, duh! Hello to me!!! You're right let's not bore anybody. But I get what you're saying now. It's a homograph.

OKAY, I promise. No more geeky posties. ;)
    Sorry everybody.

6. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Mike1, sorry for the short notice and sorry for not PMing you, but I thought you would see this quicker. Jenn and I are going to Asahi tonight around 6ish. You're more than welcome to join us. Give me a call.

If anyone else wants to go, you're more than welcome. I'll be out of the house most of the day. Feel free to call me at 519-0426.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.