main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV How about this for our FF name:

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Moka, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    OK so me and Klark and Orick were sitting in my office when we came up with what we think is the best name for our fan force so far. Let us know what you think.

It is the "Dark Order of Renouned Krayt Slayers" or D.O.R.K.S. for short.

2. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Or How about this:

The "Greater Establishment of Extreme Krayt Slayers" or G.E.E.K.S. for short.

3. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Or how about this:

The "Galactic Entrustment for Endangered Krayts Society" or G.E.E.K.S. for short

4. Edylarn_Duahli

Edylarn_Duahli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Whats a Krayt????

5. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Or how about this from Talon Wolfe:

"Naboo Exploration Research and Discovery Society" or N.E.R.D.S. for short,

6. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Edylarn,

A Krayt is a species of really BIG friggin' dragons that live on the planet Tatooine.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    A Krayt Dragon is as big as a Jawa Sandcrawler, or bigger. Very vicious, very nasty, native to the deserts of Tatooine.

For names that deals with desert, Tatooine, sand, heat, etc, how about:

Krayt & Barrel Co. (get it, instead of Crate and Barrell, it's like the dragon and the barrel of a blaster)

The Krayt Society

Krayt Hunters Local #1138 (a little nod to Lucas with the 1138)

The Whills (in the old, very first editions of the novelization of Star Wars, on the first page, it said the following story was taken from 'the Journal of the Whills'. Lucas later took out that page. I have always wondered if Yoda was a Whill)

The Lost Twenty

The Krayt's Lair IV (the Krayt's Lair I, II and III were cantina's featured for years in the RPG played by many who post on this board.)

Twin Suns Syndicate (still in the running...)

Well, what do you think? What grabs you?

That whole N.E.R.D.S. and G.E.E.K.S. thing is not something I like too much, and I will tell you why. This Fan Force (as I see it) is comprised of many people with diverse interests (and more to come). There are those who could care less about these boards, yet they love the SW movies. There are costumers and prop builders. There are those who play the RPG. There are those who love the books. There are those who will write SW stories. There are those who play the computer games, and will be playing Star Wars Galaxies when it comes out. There are those who will be making their own SW films. There are those who revel in being called a Star Wars 'Geek', and those who don't like it. Whatever we name this thing has to cater to all of the above, and not make people NOT want to join. The name is what we will use for a website as well. That is why I am advocating some of these other names. When we are getting people to join, there may be some who don't want to be classified as a geek or nerd, but wouldn't mind being classified as a Star Wars Fan, or a costumer or prop maker or science fiction writer. Not to mention that we will be part of a greater community of Fan Forces around the world, and whatever we end up with for a name is what they will know us as. When I am in costume and in line for Episode III, the last thing I want to tell the Channel 8 news is that I am part of NERDS, the Henderson Star Wars Fan Club. When I make my fan film, I really don't want to put "special thanks to NERDS" in the credits.

Don't get me wrong, I thinks the acronyms are funny, but I am having trouble seeing them good for this group in the long term, with all of the various possibilities there could be. Okay, I am done. :)

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    CLARIFICATION: I do concur, however, that those of us who play the Role Playing Game do have a unique quality that is, by it's very nature, geeky (especially to those who don't play rpg's).

And that's ok.

9. Toku_Blint

Toku_Blint Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    I really like the idea of including the Krayt or the Krayts layer into the name. The Krayts layer has had significance in almost every RPG campain our group has played. It is a good icon for our group, because it reflects the history and symbol of our RPGs. (I don't know why, but I don't care for the Twin Suns).

As for the acronyms, I think it's pretty funny, but I can also see where Talon Wolfe is coming from. If we could come up with a name that sounded good for itself (that doesn't sound like it was assembled to fit the acronym), it would be a good idea. We wouldn't have to say were're part of the N.E.R.D.S. or the G.E.E.K.S., but if people happened to notice it, they'd get a good kick out of it. Also, there is the fact that anyone willing to attend a meeting of a Star Wars club of any kind in the first place has probably already accepted the fact that this is a nerdy or a geeky thing to do. I don't think that the name of the club would make a difference. People have already made that decision by the time they've thought about attending a meeting. Anyway, its something to think about. I didn't care for the names that spelled out the acronyms so far, but if they were modified to something more realistic for a name, I could be persuaded.

10. Edylarn_Duahli

May 23, 2002
    As I type this I feel the pull of Geekhood pulling me under, an unrelenting force that knows no equal.

I'm falling deeper.....deeper....

I like the Krayt idea myself.

I know I have only really been at one "meeting", but here are some name ideas, take it with a grain of salt, or two:

Council of the Twin Suns
    Krayt's Bane
    A little much, but: The Unification of Krayt Hunters International

or

The T.U.K.H.I Tribe

The....And I quote..."The Center for People Who Can't Read Good and Want to do Other Things Good Too" (Zoolander)

I'm sorry, I had to put that in there.

Also:
    The Krayt Society
    Council of the Mid Rim (or Outer Rim, or any Rim...you get the idea)
    Defenders of the Realm
    " " " Desert
    " " " Fill in the blank
    Coucil of the (Fill in the blank)
    And my all time favorite......

The Jiggaz

Hope you like 'em!!!

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Naboo Ecological and Geological Re-establishment Organization

That one's for you, Edylarn

12. Toku_Blint

Toku_Blint Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Here are my ideas:
    The Krayt Society (hehe)

or

we could combine the Twin Suns idea with the Krayt idea and have something like:

The Krayts Layer IV, Twin Suns Syndicate

Twin Suns Syndicate, Home of the Krayt Keepers (or Defenders, combining Edylarns idea)

Other ideas:
    Desert of the Krayt
    Valley of the Twin Suns

Or maybe we could incorporate one of the planet names that Talon made up for previous RPG games. (you'll have to remind us what they were)

If I think of any other ideas, I'll post them!

13. Edylarn_Duahli

May 23, 2002
    Well Goodness!!!

That's the best darn name idea I've read so far in these here posts.

I think we should ALL follow Talon's train of thought to find our most fitting name.

I believe it does lay within his fore-mentioned acronym.

(By the way, Talon, you're silly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.