main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How accurate is this website in regards to Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Bravo, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I found this R2D2 Translator Website today and I was wondering how accurate it really is. I thought the translations were rather lengthly in regards to the times we see R2-D2 speak in the movies.

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Hands up who predicted Supershadow?

3. MikeSweet

MikeSweet Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2009
    I entered "what message", since C3P0 is apparently quoting R2 during the first hologram scene in Ep IV and it was much, much longer than what's in the film, even after I tried just "what". I didn't really expect it to match since the use of R2's "voice" in the movies was so frequently intended to display emotion and were just random R2 sound effects that were deemed appropriate for each of his "lines". I was impressed that it doesn't just spit out R2 like noises at random. Entering the same letter consecutively, like "ssssss" or "wwwwww", gives the same sound repeated in a loop like fashion. If someone at Texas Instruments had thought of this back in the OT days and made a handheld version similar to their "Speak and Spell", all they would have had to do would be to get it close and they would have made HUGE money.

4. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    <- This Guy.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks, I thought the messages were a bit too lengthy. Maybe that could be the next LucasFilms project, explaining and applying Droid Speak... [face_thinking]

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    SuperShadow...

:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.