main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How amazing is Boba Fett?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by mandalorianpride7, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandalorianpride7

mandalorianpride7 Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2003
    He was embarassing in Return of the Jedi. However, he is shown as an amazing bounty hunter in several books, which are liscenced by Lucasfilms. In one, The Mandalorian Armor by K.W. Jeter, he blows up the Sarlaac from inside and is called nearly as feared as Vader and Palpatine. Does he deserve this kind of respect? Is he great enough to kill of any of the jedi in Ep III? What do you think?

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    He's like really amazing.

3. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    If you are including EU=Amazing

Not including EU=Worthless guy in a cool suit

The arguments over this=Priceless

4. masterPloKoon-6981

masterPloKoon-6981 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    but in the fight to survive by jude watson, boba buries/hides jango's armor. so how does he get it back years from the fight to survive?

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Boba had several sets of Mandalorian armor. You can tell simply by watching the movies that he has at least 3 sets of armor.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It has not been revealed yet how (or if) Boba gets Jango's armor back. The first set he had has been revealed to be Jaster Mereel's armor that was stored aboard Slave I by Jango. (This info was either in 'New Essential Guide to Characters' or in the 'AOTC Visual Dictionary' - can't remember which at the moment). Perhaps one of the later Boba Fett books will enlighten us.

Edit - spelling (as usual)

7. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    If you are including EU=Amazing

Not including EU=Worthless guy in a cool suit

The arguments over this=Priceless

True, love the man but he does NOTHING in the movies

But hes sooo cool!!

8. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The Fett-Man is pretty darned amazing. I think his coolest scene is when he's flirting with that space babe in ROTJ SE.

9. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Boba had several sets of Mandalorian armor. You can tell simply by watching the movies that he has at least 3 sets of armor.

He only has 2 in the films, not including some publicity images of the prototype.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you take the EU into account he gained another set when he killed Jodo Kast in
    'Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction'
    (found in the 'Bounty Hunters' graphic novel).

11. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Damn, the man has a wardrobe nearly as big as Padme's ;)

12. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    He's amazing...not as amazing as Jango though. ;) Unless you count the EU. [face_plain]

13. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Hes amamzing Alright.Jango is way cooler though.

His name is cooler too.

Jango
    Boba

Jango rocks.

14. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Boba's a walking suit of kick-ass, 'nuff said. He doesn't even have to do much on screen besides look cool. It's the mystery surrounding his character which drew the legions of fans. The EU could've said he was a former clown for kids' parties and people would still flock to the Fett.

I wouldn't have gotten his bantha skull tattoo if he wasn't frickin' amazing... ;)

And yeah, his dad rocks too. Even his death was uber-cool.

15. Cowboy_Maligor

Cowboy_Maligor Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2003
    Boba Fett isn't very cool. He's just some dude in a fancy suit. HOWEVER, Jango was awesome.

He actually fought somebody.

16. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I never understood fans obsession with Boba Fett. I thought he was an ok character in ESB, but the number of people who love him so much, it amazes me.

17. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    but the number of people who love him so much, it amazes me.

Yeah...personal preferance and people making up their own minds on what they like or dislike is a mind-blowing concept.

[face_plain]

18. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Mar 1, 2003
    Woah, sorry there Devilanse. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm just saying the character had such a small role in star wars, I find his popularity surprising.

19. Devilanse

May 11, 2002
    I find his popularity surprising.

Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 degrees, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, B2K, Ja Rule, Jay Zee, Linkin Park, Korn, Jennifer Lopez, Puff Daddy...etc..

Well...maybe those are bad examples ;)

You just explain why people like what they do.

20. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Mar 1, 2003
    Woah, sorry there Devilanse. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm just saying the character had such a small role in star wars, I find his popularity surprising.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's a valid point, and I can turn it around to ask a question. If you are a Fett fan, what attracted you to Boba Fett as a character? For me it was the scene in ESB where the hunters are on the Death Star. I thought he was neat-looking in the armor, and sounded absolutely lethal just answering 'As you wish' to Vader. However, I think it is his presence in the books and comics that made him my favorite character. (And I still hate watching the Sarlacc scene in ROTJ).

22. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    The hunters were on the Executor, but it woulda been cool to see Fett on the Death Star. The 'no disintigrations' line did it for me. Boba was cool as hell with the 'as you wish' line.

23. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I believe Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc Pit. I don't care about no Expanded Universe book and whether George Lucas has said anything on the subject. I'm sure if Boba talked more, he would of been better.

24. Devilanse

May 11, 2002
    Woah, sorry there Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29
    . I didn't mean to offend anyone. I heard you the first time.

And Jedi_Learner, The topic question isn't "Do you believe that Boba died in the pit, and do you care about no books?"
    ;)

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanx Jango - it was the Executor...I must have been having an momentary lapse of recall..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.