main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How are your Book/Comic collections organized?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Jul 3, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, that's mine from the last three years. And all my comics are digital.

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I keep mine in chronological order with source books at the front of everything.

3. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Well it all depends on what timeline I am basing MY life on....Prior to being married...I'd say I had them in order of SW chronology regardless of whether they were hard or paperback. Post marital I attempted to put them on bookshelves the first year or so. Unfortunately they could not be arranged in chronology as they "didn't look right" with the differing sizes and all. So I agreed to make them neater and separate them into hardbacks and paperbacks....oh, and that's with the comics (TPB format of course) all stashed away in the cabinets below. Wouldn't want to expose the full extent of my geekdom to the living room now would we!? Fast forward to the seven year marital bliss mark, and I have basically succumbed to the idea that all my SW books are to be in the cabinets out of sight, and that I have donated all but my favorite paperbacks (the Thrawn books, the Couruscant Nights Quartology, and the Han Solo Trilogy to be exact), to the local library. With that in mind I have now brought myself up to the technology of today and nowadays am downloading books onto my phone via either google books of the Kindle app. Although I am sure that one day she will find a way to arrange my digital books as well....Until then, I find I have to align my SW bookshelf with the phase of marriage I find myself in. I'm sure I am not the only closet nerd in this boat....right...??

4. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Chronologically, but novels and comics separately.

5. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm surprised how many people keep the novels and comics separate. Can't all form of Lit live together in harmony? lol

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004

The Star Wars stuff was relegated to the 2nd bedroom-turned-study for me.

But now the 2nd bedroom is a nursery, the bookcase is now next to our bed, with the books in chronological order - something I would never have managed to get if the nursery hadn't happened. So, currently, I'm pretty pleased :D

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Mine are chronological, but series are kept together (especially the x-wing series, since I didn't want the last two books to feel lonely). I only have the Rogue Squadron omnibuses and they're too large for my shelf so they're just below. I'm going to have to move them all to a new bookshelf soon since the shelf is bowing in the middle and I've run out of space... To Ikea!

8. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008

Sounds like the same thing that happened to my "man room" about three years ago!!

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had a "Star Wars room" pre-kids as well. Now I have a bookshelf, and the action figures are in my walk-in closet.

10. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    For the novels, first its series, then chronologically order. That doesn't work sometimes though. Take the X-wing series, all ten are right together where only the first should be. Comics are just by series, then however they got put in the box.

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, and sometimes this happens.

[​IMG]

Note that that's only a small fraction of my floppy comics on the right there--most are packed up back home at the moment.

cthugha, Ulicus and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    She's part of the collection.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    The cat really brings it all together. =D=

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Of course that would have to be one of my most hated Star Wars books ever, I am of course referring to Apocalypse in your hands.

16. Trisdin Gheer

Trisdin Gheer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2013
    [​IMG]

Isn't it beautiful? [face_plain]

CooperTFN and Lazy Storm Trooper like this.
  17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Good god, man, your hardcoves are naked! have you no sense of decorum??
    If it makes you feel better, that was the last hard copy I bought. ;)

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Just a little.

20. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I donated all my old German SW books to the next generation some years ago, to broaden their horizon beyond TCW. Then I lent my complete NJO collection to my cousin, who's on to his second read-through now. So all I have left are the Han Solo Trilogy and HoT. Oh, and the first 6 Galaxy of Fear books, I'm keeping those for my son :D
    This small collection is hidden behind the "literature from languages other than English or German" section of my bookshelf. Because my bookshelf has two layers. Normally I have "primary literature" (novels, original texts) in front and "secondary literature" (theory, authors' biographies) in the back, but as I don't have that much secondary stuff on foreign-language literature there was some room back there. Because yes, I am a closet nerd for the most part. My wife does know that I read Star Wars stuff and post here, and by the way she loved your picture CooperTFN, but it's not really a big part of my day life.

And somewhere in my dad's cellar there is a cardboard box containing old SW RPG sourcebooks, Adventure Journals and Essential Guides and such... gotta dig those out sometime again.