main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA How Berkeley Can You BE Parade, Sun. 9/28

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by padme_skywalkr, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Starting location: 2121 California near Addison St.
    Time: 11am - 1pm
    It starts at the corner of California and University Avenue and proceeds up University Avenue to Shattuck, turns right on Shattuck to Center Street and then goes down Center Street two blocks, where it ends in Civic Center Park. The festival in the park is from (12:30-5:00pm)..

Now the Black Fleet will be in attendance. The Golden Garrison and the Rebel Legion are making decisions on whether or not to march...

If we had a banner we could go as FF but this happens every year so we can plan for next year...

http://www.howberkeleycanyoube.com/

I'll keep you up dated...

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I know Alex sent this message and I'm in if I can get transport. Time to iron out the old robe...

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm in the process of getting new Anakin boots, but I COULD try to go as Ep. III Anakin, based on the famous new photo. Hmmm...

4. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    OKay...Thanks for the outstanding response...thanks to everybody out there in SW lans we have more rebels than we do Imps at the parade ;) See you guys there!

5. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    EDIT: nevermind

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    So what's the 411 on the rendevous and transport?

7. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I didnt go cuz I felt sick & did way too many things the day before. You guys are probably finishing up so I hope you all had fun!

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    It was...uh, interesting...to say the least; what with Klingons, Republicans, Texas lesbians, naked hippies, and Star Wars fans, what's not to like? Anyway, it was pretty fun, and hopefully, we can have a bigger turn-out next time. Sorry you couldn't be there, Chanel. I'm not sure what you would've thought of it. I guess you'll have to check the pics out and judge for yourself. Your thoughts, Ming?

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I thought it was funny at the inaccuracy concerning the power source for lightsabers those anti-republican people were yelling at us about. They don't run on oil, it's diatium power cells. Fools... If anything, Jedi try to be as friendly as possible to the environment. ;)

It was cool and fun to see the kids yelling "Star Wars!" and pointing at us. lol Though for future parades it would be cool if we had a practical purpose. Seems like we were just walking around to be seen, which I guess was the point, but seems like other people had at least a good goal in mind. We should support something people can agree on, like saving the environment or saving the most innocent of humanity, as in children. Something more than just supporting a sports team like those other guys. :p Though if Darth Raider did showed up, that would have been awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.