main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How big a surprise was it for you that Yoda and Chewie had been acquainted with each other?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by BuriedAlien, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuriedAlien

BuriedAlien Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    In the STAR WARS OT, Yoda and Chewbacca were never on screen at the same time. Yoda was stuck on Dagobah while Chewie was everywhere else. How big a surprise was it for you, then, to see Yoda and Chewie fighting side by side against the Separatists in REVENGE OF THE SITH?

2. Darth_Maggious

Darth_Maggious Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2005
    i didnt think it was that big of a deal [face_tired]

i was just glad chewie was in the movie

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Not very.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Not in the same league as "I am your father", but it was a bit of a surprise when the spoiler first came out.

5. SithOWNtheJedi

SithOWNtheJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    I think they could've left out that Yoda and Chewie knew each other. Makes the Galaxy seem much smaller

6. Jedi Miester

Jedi Miester Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 27, 1999
    makes the galaxy way TOO small...

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    We were speculating about Chewbacca appearing somewhere in the Prequels long before it ever became official. Even Mr. Mayhew himself popped in at one time to ask if there was a place for his character in the new Star Wars films. I believed at the time that a past relationship between Obi-wan and Chewbacca was highly possible and even very likely. I was wrong.

The revelation that the Wookiee was Yoda's friend was a surprise to be sure. But a welcome one.

8. Darth_Sadis

Darth_Sadis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    It wasn't that much of a shock really. Yoda says that he has 'good relations' with the Wookiees and thats enough for me. Chewie was a well known Wookiee leader so it makes sense that he would know Yoda. Plus both races are fairly long lived and Yoda especially. In 800 years one would get around a bit.

9. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    It wasn't really SHOCKING. Kind of interesting. I'd always figured Chewy had known OBI-WAN, if not just very briefly before A New Hope. It's interesting in that Luke has these visions about Yoda/Degobah on Hoth. Perhaps Chewy overheard him and confirmed the existance of Master Yoda or even the location of Degobah for Luke...

10. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "Somehow...i've always known"

- O_F

11. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I liked it.

The problem is, if you go "too big" with the universe, you end up with Star Trek. If you go "too small," you end up with Battlestar Galactica. I liked this a lot better than Anakin building 3PO, which I liked better than Anakin coming from Tattooine, but not as much as I liked Luke and Leia being Vader's kids.

12. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I wasn't that surprised, and I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Yoda just had a good friendship with the Wookiees. And one of those Wookiees turned out to be Chewie.

13. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    It would have been a bigger surprise if we found out what Yoda's definition of "good relations" is :eek:

14. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    It would have been a bigger surprise if we found out what Yoda's definition of "good relations" is

Yep, thats the real surprise. :p

15. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you] ........... :p It is funny actually .

Oh on topic, it wasn't that big of a deal to me .

16. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I wasn't shocked by it or anything. If anything it shows why Chewie put so much faith in Luke and his abilities to help save Han in ROTJ. He knew Yoda was loyal and also saw him kick @$$ and take name when he needed to.

17. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    It wasn't a very big suprise,seeing as I remember someone spoiling me with it a few months back.

I would've liked to hear Luke mention Yoda to Han and Chewie and see Chewie's reaction,but Lucas didn't know he would be making the PT and putting them together in ROTS,So I guess that won't happen.

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Correct. It justifies his faith in Luke 100%.

19. Cold_Bacara

Cold_Bacara Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2005
    It didn't surprise me at all, it was one of the rumours going around that turned out to be right. They should have had more bonding with Yoda, Tarfful, and Chewie in the movie, he may have good relations with the wookies and in the VD and Cross-Section books it mentions Yoda being on Kashyyyk before, in fact some wookies even remember when Yoda was a young padawan, but there should have been more bonding in the movie.

20. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    How big a surprise was it for you that Yoda and Chewie had been acquainted with each other?

A cool surprise. :cool:

21. Salacious_Spock

Salacious_Spock Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2005
    It's a running thing that potentially very aged alien creatures show up in the prequels. Just because they could. Jabba the Hutt. Joda. Chewbacca. They're aliens, there's no reason they can't live longer than humans and it ties it to the later films..

EDIT: (Gosh that sounded cynical didn't it!? You know what I mean, it's just an emotional connection thingy..)

22. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    It was a cool moment that broke up the heaviness before and after during order 66.

23. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I agree. It was a cool moment. I wondered though, why Chewie never mentioned to Luke that he and the head of the Jedi Council were buddies. :)

24. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    It was kind of a suprise

the moment itself in the film was special kind of like yoda raising the x out of the swamp
    but i felt that lucas took away from that scene way to quick .

Very emotional scene it was

25. Darth_Expedite

Darth_Expedite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I wuz shocked. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.