main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How big a surprise was it for you that Yoda and Chewie had been acquainted with each other?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by BuriedAlien, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    Nothing surprises me in the SW universe anymore, including how small the galaxy is (less than six degrees of seperation from everyone else across a time span of 60 years or so), everyone having silly little connections to each other, plus a sweeping wave of amnesia and lost-memories plagueing the denizens of the SW universe...

:) hmmm...

Yoda and Chewie's past connection - top on the list of irrelevant details to be alerted to in the SW saga...

;)

2. Salacious_Spock

Salacious_Spock Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2005
    I just remembered how I gave a little awwwwww, as Yoda climbed on Chewies back. About as touching as CGI gets thus far?

3. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    After it was revealed that Darth Vader built C3PO, I pretty much turned my surprise machine off.

4. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    "You'll find I'm full of surprises." o_O

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It seemed to me that Yoda was more of a friend to Tarful, than to Chewie. Besides, why would Chewbacca mention Yoda when Luke never says anything about him to anyone onscreen.

6. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    I was surprised because I thought if Chewbacca would know any Jedi it would be Obi-Wan, in ANH it looked like they met before, not Yoda.

7. Commander_Bly13

Commander_Bly13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    I found out beforehand in the Visual Dictionary and in fact some wookies remember Yoda from when he was a wee padawan learner!

8. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    I was under hte impression that Yoda was friends with the other Wookiee standing next to Chewy and that Chewy was a new aquaintence.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Chewie should've known that Yoda was the head of the Jedi Order. So when Obi-Wan stepped aboard the Falcon and started having Luke do lightsaber practice...Chewie should've mentioned Yoda to them. But noo...he just sits in the cockpit and does whatever boring stuff needs to be done in hyperspace flight.

10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    How big a surprise was it for you that Yoda and Chewie had been acquainted with each other?

It wasn't a surprise. I read spoilers. :p :p :p

11. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    Did anyone catch that Pepsi commercial?
    "Don't even think about it!"[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Seriously though, I thought that having Yoda and Chewbacca team up was a stroke of genius! Like everyone else, I loved the moment when Chewie gave Yoda a ride on his shoulders. But, also like everyone else, I was a little bit disappointed that the scenes on Kashyyyk felt so truncated. I would like to have seen a little more action involving this dynamic duo! {HEAVY SIGH} Well, maybe we'll get to see that "ambush" scene in the Deleted Scenes section of the ROTS DVD!

I can definitely see potential as far as a sitcom is concerned. They could be roommates or something! Endless possibilities, for sure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.