main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive how big is big?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by IcePirate, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm trying to figure out the classifications of ship sizes. Mostly cargo ships, but really all kinds. Searching the web, I find that nobody can agree from the sources I pull from. wookiepedia sucks at this.

what kind of tonnage and cargo capacities are we looking at with light, medium, heavy, heavy+ ships?

2. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    well you could pick up one of the Star Wars RPG books, the 'Starships of the Galaxy' is a handy one that tels yous everything you need to know...this might get sensored by NP, could be considered advertising although that is not my intent...[face_thinking]

3. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    Light could be like a YT-1300 through the Lambda transport class shuttle, perhaps.

Medium, a range of Galofree (sp) transports like the ones the Rebels used on Hoth.

Heavy and up are beyond me, though. [face_thinking]

4. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    HT-2200 is a Heavy Transport with 4 cargo bays. I think what you want is one of the d20 guides...I'm pretty sure there is one on ships

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well an Eclipse-class Star Destroyer is F.E. (******* Enormous) at 20 miles, so anything between a mile and that is 'big'.
    It's a pretty broad range.

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I'd go with Wizards of the Coasts's production of Star Wars RPG books or Lucasbooks's New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels.

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    This looks to have some info, here. It's a start anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.