main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How big is the Republic fleet, and the Mon cal fleet?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Black_Hole, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Well, the Vong have maybe what-3 or 4 thousand more ships? How many the the Republic have? And how many does Akbar have? They said that Mon calamari has a fleet.

2. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Well,actually the Mon Cal fleet is apart of the New Republic military which has a number of fleets.But I don't really know the numbers.

3. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Yea but the Mon cal fleet is cut off, and i thought they built a defensive fleet just for their planet.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Big, but smaller than the old Imperial Starfleet.

6. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    The old Imperial Navy was gigantic compared to any amount the NR ever had. It was much more militaristic.

7. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    With all the attacks on Mon Calamari by the cloned Emperor Palpatine and then Admiral Daala it seems logical for the Qarren and Mon Calamari to build much better planetary deflector shields,more turbolasers on the planet to fight off big ships in orbit, space stations with tons of weapons:proton torps and turbolasers,thousands of X-Wing,E-Wings,K-Wings,A-Wings, and other fighters, and hundreds of bigger ships assigned to defeend the planet.

that and massive shipyards and mines hidden in space to stop the Yuuzhan Vong, they are probably better defended than Coruscant was, same thing with Adumar, they are warriors with tons of Proton Torpedoes so invading their world will not be easy because they would fight to the death to protect it.

8. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I dont know they're as well defended as Coruscant, but Mon Cal is probably well defended. They may not have a large fleet of their own, but a small amount of Battle Cruisers. Plus, they probably have a NR fleet nearby, just-in-case.

Adumar is a wild-card in the NJO. It was just added to the map for SBS, so it'll probably be in Allston's duology. Maybe sooner. I bet they'd be tough to take down, and I'd think they would make a good new capital for the NR.

9. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Yeah except for the fact that they are right in the Yuuzhan Vong's invasion corridor they would be a good capital, the Adumari are very oppressive warlike people and they like to duel too, the vong invade and are forced to duel thousands of them to the death, that is of course if their fleet survives all of those proton torpedoes the Adumari throw at them.

10. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    True. If I were the author, I'd make the seat Bakura. But since Allston will be writing mainly about the remnants of the NR, I think it will be Adumar since he wrote a whole book dealing with it.

Also, it could be accessed by Imperials, hard to find by the Vong, and a backdoor to the Unknown Regions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.