main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT How big was the Clone Army?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AmidalaLover, Sep 15, 2015.

1. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    In TCW they knew about the chip

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes, but they also think dooku is working for the jedi.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  3. CT-5713 Arche

CT-5713 Arche Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2016
    Don't forget, Kamino clones took 10 years to mature, while Spaarti clones only took one year, and spaarti clones were being produced for two years, while kamino clones were being produced for 13 years. I'm only using time periods from start of production to rise of the empire. Kamino cloning facilities pushed out arpund 200,000 clones a month (estimating) while spaarti most likely was as well, except their clones were of lower quality and had to be rushed through their training. Now i'm sure they upped production numbers as the war carried on, so the amount of clones being pushed out was probably outrageously high. But the difference between droids and clones is droids cpuld be produced in mere hours while clones took months or years to produce. So droids had them heavily out numbered, but the clones had them outskilled because they had actual training, not programming.

4. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I dont know the official canon about this but I always guessed that the Clones who survived Order 66 transitioned into the Galactic Empire and just wore Stormtrooper armor when it became official.

Slicer87 likes this.
  5. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013

I agree that is what the films imply happened. I also think the line, "if you need more clones, it will take time to grow them" means the Republic / Empire kept on cloning troops though the clone war and onto ROTJ. The embryo clones we see in AOTC would not be fully grown until 7 years after ROTS which would be "peace time" where there should be fewer clone causalities.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  6. Darth Plagueis the Wise

Darth Plagueis the Wise Jedi Knight

Feb 26, 2016
    The Grand Army of the Republic initially contained 1.2 million Clone Troopers during the AotC time period.

Source:
    The "200,000 ready for battle" refers to the 192,000 clone troopers that fought in the first Battle of Genesis. [Source: Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know]

3,000,000 Clone Troppers were subsequently ordered in the time period between AotC and RoTS. [Source: SW:TCW TV Show]

In all honestly, it's an incredibly scarce army for a Galaxy-Wide war, although that was probably Palpatine's intention. ;)

-Darth Plagueis

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

No, they don't think that Dooku is Lord Tyranus. They don't realize that Dooku is Tyranus.

[​IMG]

Nala Se is talking to Dooku, but she only addresses him as Lord Tyranus. The same thing happens when the Pykes identify Dooku as Tyranus, not knowing that he is Count Dooku. Dooku's face is not as well known to everyone.