main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How big will Mace Windu's role be exactly?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by LORDeron_MAULer, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    This may be somewhere else in a thread but i didn't search, maybe not... anyway, I was fearing that Mace Windu would have a relativly unimportant role in this film. I heard GL will only focus on a handfull of characters and heard it was Padme, Ai, Obi-Kenobi and Yoda. I think Mace is a good character and has been slightly underused in the Saga. I think it would be excellent for him to have a major role int he film, it would add so much more suspense and depth to the movie in my opinion. I really like whacthing acation sequesnces too, being a non OT character, with a cool (attitude at times).. What has been said about him? in te AOTC Dvd commentary GL said that Samuel L Jackson sign up partially for a good death scene,(and that he increased his roles importance as the saga continues fro TPM to Aotc) which i heard repeatedly for all other placces. So i hoped he would get a bigger part than Aotc, ...after all he and yoda had about the same importance of roles in atoc. what u think shoudl or would occur?

2. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    As you have already said, Maces' role in the films have slightly gotten bigger, which is the whole idea (according to GL)! and yes he does need a brilliant death scene!!

There is nothing else to say!!
    :)

3. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I'd rather Mace not have a huge role. Episode III should focus more on the main players: Anakin, Padme, Kenobi and Yoda. Their emotions are going to be crucial as this is going to be a dark movie, a movie in which people will need to care about the characters the most. Having too many other big characters reduces the ammount of attention each individual character can recieve. There for the audience doesn't care or feel as much for them.

4. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I think his role will be a little bigger then it was in TPM but far smaller then it was in AOTC. It will not be a big role.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I disagree.

Just based on my own gut feeling, I think this could be the most "personal" of the SW films.

I believe it will involve, almost exclusively, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, and Mace, with some R2, 3P0, Bail Organa and others thrown in for good measure.

But I think Mace will play as big a role in III as in AOTC, if not bigger.

Mace represents the Jedi Order - and in this movie, we finally see the Order collapse. I think his actions and thoughts will symbolize the actions and thoughts of the Jedi as a whole.

Of course, this is all spec, so....

6. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    One things for sure

Mace will be involved in heavy action

7. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    right however i fear GL will have Dooku kill him at the end of the a hige opening battel sequence, therefore his death will have no purpose in the main movie stroy, and will serve only to deprive the Jedi of a leading figure before the purges, and to mailny set the the tone of the movie.Though That would make Samuel L Jackson's lack of presence more powerful than his actual presence

8. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    **Official** Hyperspace Discussion Thread

REMINDER: All information from the hyperspace section of the official site is considered a mild spoiler, and may only be posted and discussed in the official hyperspace thread. Thank you.

9. YodaTHX1138

YodaTHX1138 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    I see Mace having a slightly bigger role then in AOTC, with him having a brillant death by the hand of Darth Vader

10. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    I agree with goodfellas. I think that Mace is a very interesting character and a good addition to the screen, but for some reason I think that Episode III should start to narrow down and condense to just focus on the main characters of the story line. For example, the OT didn't have a wide range of background characters. Mainly just Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, C-3PO, R2-D2 and a little of Lando and Ben. In order to bridge the gap between the PT and OT we'll have to make that switch in storyline perspective somewhere along the line.

Although I do think (and hope) that Mace will get a particularly exciting death scene. :cool:

11. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Hi, I think that Mace's role will be about the same as AOTC BUT he is going to bite the big one which is a shame as I thought he is a cool character. We do not want to see Mace die - do we?....Only Sith need apply!

"And I need to shed my skin...reveal this monolith within!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.