main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters How can I build my own lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarthMasan, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    Yeah the main reason they won't let me use their crsdit card is because they are afraid that someone might steal the number. I think they are a little paranoid[face_worried] but I understand. I watch The Early Show and several times I have seen someone have their credit card number stolen. If only life weren't so difficult:( . Man if my parents let me order things online I would have so much stuff. Okay me fantasisng is done. Man I wish I hadn't tossed out that hasbro Qui-gon lightsbaer like a year ago. The blade was broken so it would have been a perfect thing to salvage stuff from. A friend of mine has a brother that works at Wal-Mart, maybe he can get me a returned Hasbro lightsaber. As long as the sound chip is working.

2. Ti-el_Terall

Ti-el_Terall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    Okay Im gonna kill two birds with one stone here.

First off. I need advice on something. What would be the best and simplest way for me to make a lightsaber that doesnt reguire alot of cutting or drilling. I want to go with getting the luke graflex but i want something that i can personalize more. Any suggestions?

Second of all. Walmart had some pretty cool lightsabers that werent the basic but had sound and light. It cost $13 canaidian and would have been totally worth it.

Anouther lightsaber would be the ones that come in the box and has some cool pics. I got my obi-wan one from a energizer special where i sent in 2 upc's and 7.99 for shippin and handleing. It is aswome. The paint seems to chip alot though... But in stores its about 30.00 bucks. Keep in mind that each different one has a different sound. My Obi-wan i highly recomend for the sound. The count dooko isnt that good as i have one as well but it seems to high pitched. The toys are preety cool for play though;) but the mace windu isnt the one he usses in ep.3. But i dont think i could possibly take these sabers apart(there too much fun). http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ti_el_terall/detail?.dir=f2d4&.dnm=5ae3.jpg&.src=ph
    for lightsaber photos (my sabers).

P.S. A MR force fx is well worth the money. I havent bought one yet but i often go to the stores and play with them. There is allso a thread that tells you how to make the blades removable but read the whole thing first.

Thats it for now. P.P.S. Thanks for the advice everyone im recently new here and havent had much experience. And ill try to remember the edit tim Jedi-Loreen

3. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    :eek: Man one day can make such a difference! This is the last thread I checked yesterday and two pages have been added since (mainly because someone didn't know how to edit... thanx Jedi-Loreen for addressing that). Anyways, though I've certainly seen better ones, that's one cool saber you're working on there. How big are those sound chips usually, btw?

4. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/?action=view&current=100_0235.jpg

Yes thats right. I gutted my obi-wan saber:_| , it seems that the battery compartment wasnt wired right and it fell off. Im not quit sure wich parts you would put in your saber. But now you have some reference photos.

5. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Was that the Hasbro Obi lightsaber?

6. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    You're only missing Ep. I on DVD (I'm so jealous, I've only got I and II)! Thanx 4 the gutted pic, though.

7. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/?action=view&current=100_0239.jpg

I just added more photos for anyone who wants to know what the hasbro sabers lengths are.
    Note: I unscrewed the toy belt clip and put a real one on. Just in case i ever want to use the saber as a prop. I wouldnt recomend using it as a prop. The size is all messed up.

Im going with the main sink tube probably gonna be like Lukes ANH one. Just a few changes to make it more personalized.[face_peace]

8. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I could see myself on your computer ;)!

9. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Huh? :confused:

10. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    There was a pic of my saber and my screen was on in the background.
    Guesse i forgot to turn it off.:eek:

Any idaes for grips for my saber?[face_peace]

11. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    I just didn't understand why he said he could see himself on your computer.:rolleyes:

Maybe he's been hallucinating from drinking some KoolAid that's too old.
    [face_laugh] :p

12. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Cheap flashlights, The C-sized ones all run around 1-1/4 inches. The grips slide right off on many styles and they're only a buck. If you absolutly HAVE to have those windshield wiper grips why don't you guys try the local garage or Auto zone? They should have a few used ones. Speakin o' tha Zone, I'll bet that one of those curved exhaust extensions would make a bangin' Dooku-style saber. Gotta check that one out.

13. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Flashlights_Luxeon&product=6119012

This flash light looks like a lightsaber allready! If it wasnt for the $70 price tag i would have bought it.

I think i might just ditch the whole idea. Ill buy the obi-wan fx saber when it comes out and be happy with that. Unless i get a knew hack saw and file.

Edit: I just took the grips off a flashlight and i thought it looked preety cool. I will probably put a DarthVader emitter shroud on it. (Just bought the Ultimate Visual Guid!!)[face_peace]

14. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    He ment that his computer looks cool:cool: .

15. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Ah, thanks for translating that. :p

16. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    No problem in my spare time I am a protocal droid. It doesn't pay much but still....I have no life.

17. navarre1095

May 21, 2005

18. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    Wow. That truly is a work of art. I will try to find some stuff on friday when im at Home depot. Thanks for the tips navarre1095 i will try to do something with my resorces.:cool:

Im also thinking bout customizing my plastic obi-wan toy saber. I got all the paint off and might find a way to build onto it. Any advice would gratly be appreciated.[face_peace]

19. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    If you ask me I think all Hasbro lightsaber hilts are too big. I mean put say a customized lightsaber like mine and put a Hasbro electronic lightsaber next to it and you will see a BIG difference. Mainly the size. Okay THE size.

20. AKitchen

AKitchen Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2006
    I have an Anakin Skywalker Master replica lightsaber. Was wondering how to dismantle the damn thing, to access the LED light strip to change them! so far ive noticed a screw on the hilt which when u unscrew does absolutley nothing! and looks like no access from the battery compartment! Dont get me wrong i love the blue but i would like to make a yellow lightsaber as i highly doubt in the near future MR making one!

Ps. if theres a link plz post it!

21. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    In the pic I could see at the time my latest post, that's what I meant about "I can see myself (meaning avatar, username, etc.) on your computer!" Not a physical image of myself.

22. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Akitchen. There is a forum that covers FX lightsabers called: Force FX Lightsabers. Go figure. It should be on pages 1-3. Not sure which one. But there are quite a few people there that could help tell you how to take off a FX blade.

23. navarre1095

May 21, 2005

Do or do not. There is no try.

24. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Your like turning into Anakin Solo. He quotes Yoda alot of times.

25. AKitchen

AKitchen Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2006
    Thanks darthnave!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.