main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How can Obi-Wan possibly beat Anakin?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Anakin_Kenobi, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizza-the-Hutt

Pizza-the-Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    I'd like to see what Blackpool suggested happen. I think it would really show Anankin's descent into evil if he tried to pull Obi into the pit with him.

2. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    He doesn't have to fall into a pit of lava. A quick spray could produce the scars seen in RotJ, and will be enough to wound, but not kill him.

3. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Lavjoricso, star wars is fantasy. So Anakin can survive in Lava. If Lucas goes that route.
    However I doubt he will. I dont know how anakin will get his injuries. "We will see.."

4. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    True.
    He would have to have resembled our favourite night stalker from Elm Street at the end of ROTJ if he fell in lava.But like you said kaaSH,some other sort of pit,would be o.k.

To me,the injuries on Vaders face look very much like they are scares made from a lightsaber blade.I hope they are !!!

5. lavjoricso

May 25, 2001
    DT, i know it's fantasy,but surviving a fall in Lava ?

IMO,I fell Lucas would like to keep a certain amount of believability,even though it's fantasy !!!

6. Malkuth_Toltec

Malkuth_Toltec Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Lavjoricso, star wars is fantasy. So Anakin can survive in Lava. If Lucas goes that route.
    However I doubt he will. I dont know how anakin will get his injuries. "We will see.."

Fantasy still must retain believability. We buy that Frodo can be healed of a mortal wound by the wise elves.

However, were Anakin to fall in Lava, he would literally evapourate. Who would buy a resurrection then?

There are certain instances that can never work. It would lose the audience completely. Maybe not all, but a large proportion. Some people are more suggestable than others.

7. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    ok whatever.
    I dont think he'll fall in lava anyway.

No need to over analysis my statement. Geesh! I hate it when people do that.

8. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    let us not forget that the bottom of coruscant sure looks like lava flowing - at least it does to me!

9. lavjoricso

May 25, 2001
    At first look it does,but having seen it four times now at the big screen,it is actually street lights from the lower levels of coruscant !!!

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    A burning building that collapses on you can do the damage that was done to Anakin.

I think Padme will be present ofr the duel. I think she will either die in the scene or think Anakin is killed.

Lorne Peterson used the term "Nuclear Winter" in describing Episode 3 at celebration 2. I think Naboo will be devastated in the last battle of the clone war. Nute Gunray attacking that planet with all he has left wouldn't surprise me a bit.

11. aubsfiles

aubsfiles Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    Sustaining grievous injuries at the hands of his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Vader required cybernetic enhancements and replacements to sustain him. His pure innocent self seemingly lost forever, Darth Vader cast a dark pall over the galaxy, as he was one of the foremost agents responsible for the elimination of the Jedi order.

from starwars.com so I think it stinks that
    he's the chosen one... and he gets he butt kicked by obi-wan... if obi was so bad why didnt pound dooku?? cmon anakin/vader is a wimp compared to dooku, the Emperor, yoda and obi wan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.