main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How can we get Clone Wars to continue?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SatineNaberrie, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    If we're following the same kind of master/apprentice theme in Rebels, isn't it Ezra's destiny to defeat the Inquisitor?

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    ;
    obi wan > maul > qui gon
    luke > vader > obi wan
    leia > jabba > han
    vader > Palpatine > mace
    luke > tarkin > bail

3. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015

So Han was Leia's "master" huh? Kinky.

TheMDOSS1313 and CoolyFett like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Well that escalated quickly.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015

Look I don't hand out the Sabaac cards; I only play them.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There was absolutely no explanation of how the Republic started development of the Death Star until Vader sees it for the first time at the end of ROTS. How was it being built in secret by the Republic away from the knowledge of the Senate and the Jedi. That item has never been discussed.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It always felt like to me the Death Star was built outside of the Republic military (or official records) and possibly still constructed by Separatists or some subsidiarity of theirs, as the corporations and scientists were all working for Sidious pretty much. Plus the Separatists during the CW were using weapons very much like the Death Star during the war, the Malevolence super weapon and the Drol both in season one.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  9. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The plans for the Death Star are seen in AOTC, and Dooku brings the holographic schematics to Coruscant. I was under the impression that the Separatists were working on the project during the Clone Wars, and the Empire completed it. I don't believe the Republic was ever officially involved. It would have been interesting if the CW series covered the topic, but we did see the Separatists trying to secure the kyber crystal for it...

Sudooku, V-2 and Iron_lord like this.
  10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    How can Clone Wars continue? I say it is continuing in Rebels. Rebels seems to be tying up all the loose ends. Ahsoka, Rex, and Hondo are all from TCW. Maybe an eldely Ventress will show up. The Clone Wars season 6 episode 13 may no have a direct connection to Rebels season 1 episode 1, but series to series, its basically a continuation.

V-2 likes this.
  11. CloneForce99

CloneForce99 Jedi Knight

May 10, 2015
    Pretend Ep. VI ROTJ was cancelled and saying, "Well TFA is a continuation of ESB, we get the continuation of Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewbacca and will tie up all the loose ends." Sorry, but no... just no. :/

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was being built by the CIS until the GAR won the war.

13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Where? How? If it is being build be the Separatists, how did the Republic get a hold of it, etc? There isn't much context provided for the origin of the Death Star.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Does the name Palpatine (Sidious) ring any bells?

CoolyFett likes this.
  15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I still think that TCW still has a couple more stories to tell especially the three arcs with Asohka and the tie in to Episode 3, along with Darth Maul's fate. For some reason I don't want that guy lingering around too much. Maybe the power of inmortality may be a jedi trait but that sith not only got cut in half and fell from a endless shaft, he survived. I don't want to hear any cauterizing story about Maul being saved. That's a bunch of malarkey. The Emperor with all his super force powers could not float back up in ROTJ when he was tossed down the shaft. Ohh and by the way, don't get cute and say that TCW is not canon because it is..............................its the legends stuff that aint anymore.

But in the end Some one has to do some of those stories: be it a novel or series of novels a comic book series or Marvel/Pixar animation but somebody. TCW aint going to be back to being the regular tv series it was, but those special stories still need to be told. Don't know though if I would want the ones with the Vong. That could open up another can of worms unless they decide to tell Episode 10-12 and take those stories and create new ones from the stuff from the old EU. Other than that I'd leave that alone.

CloneForce99 likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]

This scene all but proves it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

There is nothing to suggest that arc had anything to do with his fate(Pablo debunked those chan4 fake stories), and Lucas dismissed the idea of killing himself off(again) when Filoni was putting together Lawless:

Darth Maul is back, that is something you have to accept, cause yeah he's that powerful and that much a bad mother.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Vorax- yep, we can accept that, but then we must all accept that Darth Maul displayed a power stronger than even Papls could because Maul survived, and the Emperor/Palps/Sid didn't. Unless you into old EU and count Dark Empire, but for now, he is a goner at the end of ROTJ. No floating back up or having his spirit fly in the air...nope nope and nope.

So as a sith, Maul right now stands as the one that has displayed a power to save himself from dying............now I'm not talking about Mother Talzoin fixing him up. Only Maul surviving the slice, and fall.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe he is stronger, he did not scream while falling down the shaft like Sidious did. ;) Well, look at this way in seriousness, Sidious did chose Maul for a reason as his first Apprentice, and he was no converted Jedi and he had the blood of Talzin(who is ancient by all accounts and extremely powerful) he was to be his successor and Sith choose apprentices that are just as powerful if not more so then themselves(also means future potential wise as these sort grow in power as they age and learn greater powers where eventually they must fight or one gets killed off or dies and such). Talzin specifically mentions some great destiny that Maul was to have fulfilled which also implies the will of the Force was on his side and he's shown great resiliency for survival and keeps on coming back, you can't keep a bad Sith down as SOD tagline stated.

Sidious studied under Talzin and was himself a practitioner of darkside Sith sorcery, plus his scientists work on sorts of cloning and other genetic and cybernetic projects, which really does not rule out Dark Empire's premise for a possibility of his return, that plus his comments back in ROTS about immortality and whoever was the one who achieved he was referring to. Darth Plaguis in Luceno's novel was hinted at still being alive in spirit form or part of the darkside that will strike against Sidious for his betrayal. some weird stuff, thats also carried over in Luceno's canon Tarkin book about Plagueis warning about the Force has a way of striking back. Who knows of course right now.

TCW was to have lead into and past ROTS and Lucas and Filoni were working on a spinoff with Asoka and the padawans and ship that looked like The Crucible. TCW in that sense was not really gonna end, just transform from moth into a fly kinda deal, while Lucas made his Episode 7.

20. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Maybe that shaft on the Death-Star was quite different from the shaft in Theed. And, for, in ROTJ it is not really to be seen that Sidious have died, one is not obliged to believe it. At least he is for ten years away allowing the Galaxy to take one big breath to recover for a while. You know: Peace is a lie! ;)

As for TCW-Continuation: I have the recommendation to win a VIP over to be the poster-boy or -girl for a public fundraising-campaign to finish all the lost episodes until the final pre-ROTS-arc. There are so many fundraising-agents an professional investment-companies waiting for a real challenge.

I really don't understand why Disney doesn't spent some bucks on something really worthy film-stuff like TCW?

Instead it is financing one more cartoon-movie with a highly-detail-animated exhilarating dumb-dull hero-animal to strive for his/her happiness undertuned with borrowed No1-Hits making that insipid story totally artificial-nonauthentic.

21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Sorry for double-posting :(

The capture of Palpatine was already handled in the second Genndy Tartakovsky animated Cartoon-Movie where Grievous was introduced too.

22. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I really think the Clone Wars Legacy has done good so far and it can allow for Del Rey and Marvel to explore further after the end of the scripts. Marvel can make an Ahsoka spinoff ongoing comic series post-Order 66 to compliment the Kanan series. And Del Rey could make an Ahsoka novel if they're interested.

23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Regarding Palpatine: If he's not dead, then what was that blue stuff that zoomed out of the shaft and flew over the Skywalkers?

24. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I meant for all "believers": Palpatine may be absent for 10 years until the Dark Empire comic starts.
    Concerning your point with all the lashings of Palpy's force-lightning in the shaft: Palpatine just likes to do lightning. And I always asked myself after that end: Why didn't Vader do that earlier? It looked to be very fast and easy to grab Palpy and throwing him down. I expected much more of a struggle and fight between master and apprentice.

25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    A telltale sign of Sith magic, similar to how Talzin dissolves into green mist whenever she teleports. Obviously Palpy learned the skill from her and transported himself somewhere safe where he could plot his revenge. ;)

Sudooku likes this.