main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How can we get Clone Wars to continue?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SatineNaberrie, Oct 27, 2014.

1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I still want it to continue

SeparatistFan likes this.
  2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Suit yourself. Filoni is saying and actually doing OTHERWISE. You pretend ROTJ blah blah. Ill watch Rebels as TCW 2.0.

3. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Still, everybody focus on the Clone Wars Legacy. If you're currently only interested, this is where you need to go. Check out Son of Dathomir (comic from Dark Horse), Utapau and Bad Batch story reels from StarWars.com, and the Dark Disciple novel which comes out tomorrow.

4. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
  5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe they'll finally release a UK DVD...

A man can dream...

podjazd likes this.
  6. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I just watched the "Droid Tales" new Lego-Star-Wars-mini-series. Episode one: "Exit from Endor." There C3PO asks just at the beginning of that episode if the audience is more interested in stories about his whereabouts with Padme or in stories about the Clone Wars. And all the Lego-Audience is shouting: More Clone Wars - More Clone Wars!

[Link removed]

If that is not a public resistance about the cancellation of TCW, I don't know.
    Thanks so much, Lego-Star-Wars team for that big allusion and appeal!

Powerful Lord likes this.
  7. Powerful Lord

Powerful Lord Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2015
    I would like to see their plans for The Clone Wars finished, but it's not the same thing at all, the original trilogy was a story with a begining, middle and end, while still having plenty of unseen stuff between movies, i mean, by the start of Empire, it looks like a lot has happened to the trio and the Empire, but we didn't need to see that story on screen, it was filled in by comics and novels later on. The Clone wars itself is part of the fill-ins, the closer you would get to your RotJ being cancelled example would have been if after Episode I and II, Lucas decided it wasn't necessary to make III.

Anyway, i would like to see the remaining The Clone Wars episodes animated properly, the problem with the show in the first few years was that they sometimes seemed to be creating new plotlines without much of an enging in sight, and wasting time with new stories many weren't very interested in seeing, however, now they could plan everything well in order to tie loose ends into the 8th season. There is definitely a public for this, it would fit nicely into Netflix, which is more for fans, instead of being put in Disney XD, where it might confuse some kids due to 2 different SW shows running alongside.

This would be pushing it, but i would like to see a sort of "season 0" too, showing the first stages of the war right after Episode II, Obi-Wan & Anakin first fighting Ventress and Anakin being knighted. Could be limited to less than 10 episodes if need be.

I think there's still easy money to be made for them, they could easily shorten the budget slightly if necessary, but there's someting special in seeing Star Wars in animation instead of just in comic book format, not to mention that many who watched the cartoon might not be as interested to see the story in a written format. If that Obi-Wan spin-off ever gets made, this would also be an easy way to tie into it.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think they should have wrapped the series up on screen. It's probably too late now. But it didn't even need to be a full Season 7. Even if Filoni was just given the opportunity and resources to make a one hour special to cap the series off and air it over some Summer before a season of Rebels.

Like I said, I'm sure internally things have shifted around so much that it's probably not feasible/cost effective to get those artists back into TCW art style mode and get another thing off the ground. But rather than "surprise, we're canceled" with Filoni giving some lame "we're not coming back because it's obvious that we need to shift to new stories and it's exciting" I feel like Disney could have at least been like, we're giving you 45 minutes worth of programming to wrap up the most important loose ends and cap off the series as we transition to Rebels.

I feel like the comics are probably the best bet for future prequel stories, but even then the main focus seems to be shifting towards TFA related things. Maybe Maul or Obi-Wan, etc. will get some anthology film down the line. But right now, with TFA on the horizon, I see a concerted effort to really push the OT and beyond time frame.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Kathleen Kennedy, JJ Abrams, Kasdan, etc. really only have eyes on the OT right now. Lucas really loved to play in the PT era, but his successors largely have nostalgia for what they grew up on, and they are trying to bring people that were disillusioned by the prequels back into the fold by hyping up OT era imagery and nostalgia.

I think Filoni really is on the fans side, and I think even getting things like reels and SOD and Dark Disciple are feats unto themselves. I think there is that segment of staff, including Filoni that still wants the fans that grew up on his PT era show to get a satisfactory conclusion, and I think that we've gotten what we have thus far largely because of fan demand. But as for actually getting the show back on the air, I strongly doubt that will ever happen.

I mean in the comic-con panel, I think someone asks something about Plagueis and Kasdan is like "did you say Darth Vegas?" and JJ tries to play it off like Kasdan is only joking. But really, I think the people that have the reigns now are not particularly fans of the PT. I kind of suspect that Kasdan seriously has no familiarity with the name Plagueis and that JJ was just intervening to save face. Earlier, JJ even says that they regard the OT as the canon. Yes, I'm aware that it's all officially canon, but this rhetoric by JJ really is suggestive of where he turned to when it came to continuing the saga, it seems like he looked no further than the OT.

I think Filoni is really the only figure in the company right now that really does what he can for the fans that he's met over the years that grew up with and/or loved his show (which was PT era). So I don't think that requests are falling on deaf ears, but I think there's only so much that they are willing to do, and I think Filoni is probably trying his best. While Abrams and Kasdan are not Filoni's bosses, they have been put in charge of the first of the sequel trilogy films, which is going to be a bigger money maker than Rebels or TCW ever will be. So, I'm sure they have more influence in the direction things go, at least in the immediate future.

9. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    That's pretty much what is happening. Disney and Lucas film are really trying to distance themselves from the films, but we also have to remember that even while the PT adds to the story of the Skywalker saga (lets be honest, that's pretty much what it is) the OT is the launching point for the ST. We largely know the broad story of the prequel era, and Lucas pretty much hit all the highlights, with Filoni pretty much filling in the gap between AOTC and ROTS.
    I don't think that JJ really had a choice where he got to work in the SWU. I think it was pretty much pegged from the get go to do the ST, and he was given the chance to go forward from there. I'd actually probably think that a lot of people at Lucasfilm would like to just move on from the prequel era considering the disdain that a lot of people have shown for it. I think they would have to go back to the old republic era to really to distinguish themselves and avoid any negative connotation of the PT.
    I think that KK and perhaps most of Lucasfilm considers the PT era to be complete and finished with ROTS having closed the book. Crazy thing to think about, ROTS came out 10 years ago. Like you pointed out, the people currently helming the franchise likely grew up watching the OT hence their affinity for it. Give it another 10 or 15 years, and you might see a shift to them wanting to work in the PT era or further back in the SWU.

TaradosGon likes this.
  10. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    We can't. It's related to the prequels. It may as well no longer exist. Ahsoka is in Disney Infinity because of Rebels.

Sudooku likes this.
  11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    A shift for the PT? yeah okay..................

Sudooku likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    *face palm*

Like the EU, it's over. Finished. Dead. Gone. Ain't coming back anytime soon.

Move along.

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Maybe they will use the viewing numbers to determine whether it is popular enough to fully animate some more episodes... Never know...

podjazd likes this.
  14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    How can we get Clone Wars to continue?

[​IMG]

heh, good luck.

Probably Disney will create a Star Wars channel and replay only Star Wars programming but I don't see them funding new TCW episodes least not for another 5-10 years and by that time they'd probably be running a new animated series of some kind either alongside Rebels or after Rebels is off the air.

Tommytom and thatotherjedi like this.
  15. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Does anyone have much hope for more TCW content getting released? The Bad Batch reels getting released was unexpected so who knows...

16. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    If any more animatics get released, it should be the Bounty Hunters ARC. It seemed the most finished and I was interested in seeing Cad Bane and Aurra Sing back.

17. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I heard that was almost finished as well, apparently they just needed Simon Pegg to voice Dengar. Maybe we will get the BH arc animatics at SW Celebration next year...

18. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    When they released 'Son of Dathomir " as a comic they I guess we will get the Mandalore-Arc with Ahsoka, Maul and Bo Katan in s. 8 in comic-form as well as the continuation of Maul's fate. If they don't decide to give Ahsoka a spin-off-movie out of that arc, the pykes-arc or even more.

19. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    Get the fans to fund the production of new episodes because Disney certainly won't.

Sudooku likes this.
  20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    As time drags on, the worker-hours and cost required to produce TCW quality animation will decrease. As long as there's demand for it, I expect we'll see a 'proper' end to TCW in some audiovisual form or another, even if it's just produced by a mad fan in their shed.

The DC animated films don't get much attention but obviously make enough profit to warrant multiple releases, and Disney themselves have made a number of straight-to-DVD film sequels (and prequels) of their biggest hits which also don't sell exceptionally well, but well enough. I think we'll see prequel era stories being told in that way before long, not necessarily in the TCW animation style though.

21. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    It'll pry get a ****ty ending like the Samurai Jack comics just did. After so many years of inactivity for the material it simply becomes abandoned.

22. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    better to burn than to fade away....

23. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Holy wow, I don't mean to get off-topic, but a Star Wars channel would be amazing. I would seriously watch it every minute of my life. It'd probably cost lots of money, but hey, who cares?!

24. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I think Rebels is getting better and the graphics could be down to budgetting. Even Clone Wars season 1 graphics are not that great compared to later on in the show.

But I agree with having Clone Wars on screen. The last episodes were rushed, especially the chip nonsense that shouldn't have been an episode (it ruined ROTS).

I think someone needs to get Disney to understand what Star Wars is -> this leads to understanding how the Clone Wars are a pivotal moment in Galactic history -> how fans are interested in it -> how the infinite potential of this era to show battles and other Jedi (e.g. Plo Koon, Aayla, Shaak Ti, Master Di + infinitely more means there is almost an unlimited amount of storytelling that can happen -> means lots of money can be made.

It would be great to see lots more Jedi including the ones we saw having more episodes on them. It would be cool to see balanced battles and the CIS winning too. It would be cool to see more last stands like Master Di.

It would be cool to see good guys on the CIS side winning battles against the Republic and even against Jedi.

It would be good to see the war making some Jedi ruthless and ordering their troops to get the job done and forget about Jedi ethics.

Plus come on.. more Aayla, more Windu, more Rex etc, that's got to be awesome who's with me?