main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions How come its usually Jedi and Sith in Star Wars? Why didn't any other Force factions try to contend?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The Sith Camp, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    I came to wondering in the context of Star Wars - well the staple Force Users are clearly the Jedi and the Sith putting aside those inbetween and whilst there was the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion I came to wondering there were surely other Force-Sensitive Factions being like the Ysanna, the Witches of Dathomir, the Aing-TiiMonks, the Baran Do, the Fallanassi, the Jensaarai, the Krath, the Sorcerers of Tund to name a few ... I mean SURELY they would also have been up for the grabs and takes of control of the Galaxy? I mean most of the time its between Sith and Jedi BUT surely imagine if suppose Mother Talzin chose to invade Coruscant with an army of Dathomir Zombies or something like that ... or the Aing-Tii in particular whom didn't 'give a Force' about the Light or Dark Side but saw it in a spectrum of many colors ... I mean half the time in the end its just Sith against the Republic or the Jedi for the matter ... when surely if we got other Force-Sensitive Factions and they surely can't be pushovers even if they be pacifists or do not wish to venture off world or meddle into affairs ...

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    There are other groups mentioned however the story tends to have a galaxy-wide scope. It would be hard to write a meaningful piece soley based on one of these groups because imo it would be hard to relate to them as readers and hard to write detailed pieces that one could be assured wouldn't be eaten up by the needs of a larger story line.

Just a thought...

4. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

Still - I wonder WHY perhaps George Lucas didn't have the Nightsisters of Dathomir in A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi or perhaps SURELY other of those independent Force Users given that would be surely more interesting eh? So its not just Sith and jedi eh? I mean still - can you imagine in a hypothetical WHAT IF IF Mother Talzin or perhaps more of Kar Vastor (so Mace Windu's Clan Brother) were in these or even in the films - well that is next to the EU and Clone Wars - perhaps in each of the films - so also TPM to ROTS? Wouldn't that be more exciting and interesting and somewhat by Star Wars standards 'realistic?' given if Mother Talzin and Darth Maul for instance in Darth Maul Son of Dathomir were enough to even 'Force' Palpatine and Count Dooku to deal with them ... and given Mother Talzin did 'curse' Count Dooku quite a bit before General Greivous came to the rescue ...

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Because they were invented after ROTJ by EU authors - with him liking them enough to allow their inclusion in TCW.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Other Force groups need to be included. I'm tired of just Jedi vs. Sith.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    That's what I thought! I mean well there was the Yuuzhan-Vong whom are immune to a number of Force techniques ... for starters ... but I'm thinking SURELY whilst suppose Palpatine was carrying out the Sith Grand Scheme ... surely perhaps the leader of the Sorcerer's of Tund or Aing-Tii decide to take control of the Galaxy and suppose they cross path with the Jedi and Palpatine into a 3-way if not 4-way or more so War...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank god for the Vong imo. Breath of fresh air from the Imperial/Warlord/Darksider of the week before that and the Jedi Sith thing after that. Way too many different Sith Lords. Some other Force groups showed up after that in FOTJ again but the Sith were more focused on. Palpatine would make sure to keep them down but give them a role after that.

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I would love if Talzin appeared in the ST somewhere. It would be great for her to be the mastermind of the whole thing, after she ended up losing in the Clone Wars.

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Like a Force Smuggler? :p

I actually find myself more and more fascinated by the Nightsisters. I think my daughter liking them has something to do with that though.

[​IMG]

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Exactly. The Nightsisters and Good Dathomirians from COPL were interesting imo. They sang didn't they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.