main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How could a Lava Planet fit in?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_FarDawg, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSinshine

LordSinshine Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Here's a wacky idea...what if the steel works/foundry idea takes place in a factory
    or other place where the Death Star is being
    created?

This would explain Obi-Wan's line "that's no moon, that's a space station"...because he then recognizes pieces of the Death Star from his Duel with Anakin/Vader.

thoughts???

2. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    You're right, it is wacky. :p

The main point is, just because the ROTJ novel mentions a molten pit doesn't mean that there will be one in Episode III. We all know that Ben and Owen aren't brothers, so we kinda have to take these things with a grain of salt.

3. vaderdude_3

vaderdude_3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    Isn't it possible it is merely a liquid metal pit, not Lava? Or if it was on a lava planet, is it possible it could be located on that planet (i forget the name) that vader had a castle on in the EU universe?

4. Joe_Schmo

Joe_Schmo Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2002
    OK. Allow me to be Episode 3 scriptwriter for my first post.

Apologies if this is not the thread to be doing it. OK here goes nothing:

1. Anakin has already turned.

2. Palpatine finds out about Padme's pregnancy.

3. Yoda finds out about Padme's pregnancy.

4. Both Yoda and Palpatine realise the repercussions of this.

5. Palpatine talks up some story to Anakin about an offspring of Anakins being a threat to the stability that he and Anakin have created. He orders the death of the unborn "child". Palpatine tells Anakin that Padme may however be spared (balatant lie to us obviously).

6. Yoda realises Padme's danger. Assigns a final mission to Obi Wan - protect the unborn child. Yoda and only Yoda may know that ther are actually twins , but does not inform ObiWan.

7. Anakin goes to a Lava Planet (See I'd fit it in here somewhere:) ) He requests Padme or ObiWan to meet him/ ObiWan (or Padme) finds out his location and seeks him out.

8. Accompanied by or followed by Padme (whether he knows it or not i.e maybe she stows away on a ship with Obi Wan - obviously not his ep2 fighter :) ), ObiWan lands on a platform or large ship on the Lava Planet (droid facility perhaps - Sith Lord's distant lair- who knows?)

9. Padme and ObiWan get split up (if either is aware of the other's existence at this moment).

10. Padme walks down a corridor. Halfway down it is separated by a clear glass screen/wall. Anakin is on the other side, dressed in black. His eyes are dark and cold but he turns off his now red saber and throws it to the ground. Padme believes there is stil good in him, that her love can bring him back as it did in Tatooine after his mother died. She puts up her hand to the clear screen. Anakin does likewise, with his mechanical hand. There are tears of joy in Padme's eyes. There are tears of pain in Anakin's. Anakin's mechanical hand lowers to near her stomach. Padme does too. Anakins palm goes from an open palm to a grip, directed at her stomach, a look of hate and pain in his eyes. He is trying to force kill the unborn child. He must kill the child to save his wife. Padme screams in pain.

11. ObiWan hears the screams, and runs towards the screen, using his sabre to break the glass.

12. Anakin stops the grip, force pulls his sabre bacjk to his hand. The final battle begins.

13. Anakin and ObiWan battle til they are outside the ship/complex. The ground is obviously unstable.

14. Padme drags herself back to a ship and takes off. Simultaneously Anakin has his back to the complex and some of the ground gives away with a burst of lave, hence he neither hears nor sees the ship take off to Dagobah. Obiwan, who is facing the complex, does see this. Padme is safe.

15. A huge explosion, the whole earth underneath the complex gives away. Both stop fighting. Anakin turns to look. His child is certainly consumed in the molten lava (Palpatine's wish is granted) but so (to his eyes) is Padme. Who does he have to blame for this - ObiWan.

16. ObiWan realies this and his total failure. His mission and battle is over. He puts up his sword as he does in Ep 4.

17. Anakin arcs back his blade to strike him down. Suddenly, the ground he is standing on gives way he loses his grip on his lightsabre which lands on a small precipice below him. Anakin is dangling precariously.

18. Obi wan reaches over to pull him up. Another explosion. In the distraction, Anakin force pulls the saber off the cliff and ignites it, as he swings, Obi Wan lets go of him.

19. ObiWan takes off for Dagiobah.

20. Anakin is rescued by the Empire or Palpatine himself.

21. Dagobah. Yoda, Padme and the Senator from Alderaan are there. Obiwan arrives. Padme gives birth to a son. Yoda tells Obiwan to take the child straight away - he may have been followed. ObiWan leaves.

22. Padme gives birth to a second child - a daughter. Yoda instructs the Senator to bring the child up as his own. He also take Palpatine, C3PO and R2D2.

23. Tatooine. ObiWan gives the child t

5. Loveless

Loveless Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2002
    Heres what i THINK might happen. Anakin is on his way to get his babies before they were seperated, or before). OB1, wanting to prevent this, stands in his way. They are in a stormy, mountainous, lava flowing area. Ob1 draws his saber and says he will not let him pass, hence the battle begins. Ob1 wins, and the babies are transported to their secret locations =o Or something

6. Pepijn

Pepijn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    And how about Mace Windu taking Leia to Alderaan? That would mean that his role at alst gets the significance he deserves. Of course he'll die in the process, but his sacrifice means eventually the end of the empire.

7. Chamby_X

Chamby_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    As far as the existence of lava in the final duel of the next movie, I think it will be there. I'm not sure if the ROTJ novelization counts as EU, but there is a passage in it that certainly indicates lava will play a part in the events of the next movie. I don't want to start an EU debate, and if some of you have already made up your minds on the novelizations and their degree of legitimacy, then please ignore my post. But I think it is something to be considered when discussing the possibility of lava involvement in the big duel of Ep 3.

I don't believe this is a spoiler as lava in Ep 3 is nowhere near confirmed, and just because the novel of Ep 6 says this, doesn't mean it will happen in the Ep 3 movie. But here is what it says, from the ROTJ novel by James Kahn; the quote is from Vader's thinking while he lays dying next to Luke.

"These were memories he wanted none of, not now. Memories of molten lava, crawling up his back.... no".

Would GL not first approve of something like that in the book form of his movie? In either case, while there may not be a lava planet persay, I believe that Anakin will fall into lava at some point.

8. Darth_FarDawg

Darth_FarDawg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2002
    Chamby_X-

The Novel is not EU it is Cannon although it is lower on the scale and can be overwritten by the films (Remember Owen being Ben's brother?). Also George said somewhere after the Novel that falling into a Reactor wounded Anakin.

PS. I wrote this thread for discussion of how a Lava planet MIGHT fit in. One of my questions is why would Obi and Anakin be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.