main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How could a non force user, kill a Sith?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterskywalker, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hivemind2nd

hivemind2nd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    Let's not forget the eternal safety hazard of putting bottomless shafts next to Sith Lords ;)

While Force-users appear to be able to detect/anticipate threats coming at them, what we've seen so far suggests that the ability has limitations based on things like distance, the aggression of the attacker, and how much concentration the Force-user is putting into detecting the attack. I, Jedi has some description of the mechanics of this which I think are reasonable. Quite possibly a Sith could forsee a sniper or bomb attack against them and try to avoid that, or if the faraway sniper was thinking really hard the Sith would detect that aggression directed against them. However, as the previous post mentions, Vader concentrating on Luke in the trench was vulnerable to and surprised by the Falcon's attack, for one. A turbolaser blast into the Genosian viewing box would have crisped Dooku pretty well while he was watching the arena fight unfold, as mentioned in another thread. And so on. I think cleverness and/or brute force will manage to do the job, probably with great cost, but a Sith Lord can still die.

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Let's see...

Kaul: No, I refer to Darth Vader. That is, the guy in the black suit. He doesn't even really need to deflect them, he could absorb them well enough and then use the energy to pound them into shreads.

Seriously--if measly Jacen Solo can deflect turbolasers with the Force, Vader's got it covered.

Kudzu: Yeah too bad he has heavy armor and shields. A little quad blast? Pft.

Plus, thanks to the prophecy, we know he can't die. :)

hivemind: Check out A Death Star is Born. ;)

3. hivemind2nd

Oct 13, 2005
    Trust me, I remember :D

4. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Y-wings have heavy armor and shields, too. Apparently they don't completely protect a vehicle from harm, eh?

That's a cop-out excuse and you know it, Jello.

5. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Vader and the Emporer are two very powerful force users. How do you kill Yoda? How do you kill Obi-Wan? How do you kill Mace? These are Jedi that escaped the surprise Order 66 Backstabbing. I think if Maul was in Ki-Adi-Mundi's shoes, Maul is just as toast, even if he anticipated betrayal at some point.

A Sith Lord is maybe slightly less vulnerable than a Jedi of equal power, but vulnerable all the same.

That said, I think the best way to kill any force user if you are not a force user is with a really big gun or with a really large advantage in numbers. The more laser blasts coming at them the more likely one is going to get through.

Carnage

6. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Sith lightning. It's like how RAM is for a PC. The more you have the better it works.

Thus, more Sith lightning... Now think about that till it makes sense.

7. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Let's see.

Silver bullets, garlic, oak wood poles, a cross.

Oops, wrong species.

Catch them unaware, aim straight, shoot first without warning.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    A blaster that fires bolts that, instead of deflecting, explode when they hit anything that acts as a solid-ie, a lightsabre blade.

Have a nice time with two or three blaster bolts exploding in your face. :)

9. Darth_Napoleon_MN

Darth_Napoleon_MN Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2004
    He died before order 66 was given. So we don't know if he would have escaped or not.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well... considering my RPG character probably took down more Sith than Revan as a non-Force user, here goes... ;)

1) Be better with a ranged weapon than a Jedi/Sith is with a lightsaber. Doesn't really matter how much combat expertise or dueling experience one has, if you're completely focused on shooting things until they're really, really dead unless someone is as experienced as Obi-Wan or Mace Windu with lightsaber deflection techniques and defense, they're gonna go down quick.

2) Use stun setting at close range; A LOT. Most blaster stun settings are a conical burst which cannot be deflected by lightsabers. The drawback is a stun setting's range is a pitiful 6 meters, so you gotta be careful.

3) Use one-handed ranged weapons only. Two handers are far easier to cleave with a lightsaber/Sith sword and make you far less mobile when your enemy closes range.

4) Always -- ALWAYS -- carry a non-energy projectile weapon to switch to to finish Jedi/Sith off. Absorbing and Dissipating energy can restore the life-force of your target, so don't give them any additional ammunition and time to take you out. Prax Protectors with explosive bolts are always good options.

That's the ranged attack method. There's only exactly two ways to do it as a melee combat fighter:

1) Be better at defense than the Jedi/Sith is at offense (a no-brainer), or
    2) Be a martial artist and keep the Jedi/Sith grappled at all times; they can't use their lightsaber/Sith sword in a a grapple.

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    To echo dp4m :-B a skilled enough martial artist could duck the first saber swing and pound the crap out of him.

Also, the Geonosians demonstrated that sonic disruptor weapons work fabulously against Force-users, and in the words of a T-shirt I once read, "There is no personal problem that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives."

12. Jacen_Solo14

Jacen_Solo14 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2005
    In kotor 2 Atton says he killed lots of Jedi by having deep emotions or something so that a they could not sense him.

Also, Andur sunrider was ditracted by some thugs while another one came up behind him and killed him with a gorm-worm.

13. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    I always thought a Sniper Rifle would be the best weapon against a force user.. the whole sense danger thing aparently only works within certain ranges.. and only if your not at ease with what your doing.. (why noone saw Order 66 coming).. Sniper Rifles combine both.. long range.. 1000 meters even with current Technology.. and if anyone has ever shot at anything a extreme ranges.. its almost like you have to blank your mind.. slow down your breathing and focus only on the target and the sights..

Plus, at that kind of range.. youve got plenty of time to run away..

I also think that regular "current tech" bullets would be far more effective against unarmoured opponents (like Jedi/Sith) than blaster bolts.. one just punches right through.. the other shreds all kinda of important stuff on its way through and makes a even larger hole on the way out then when it went in.. causing more internal bleeding.. with gives them another thing to focus on rather than closing with you..

Also, if your name is Han Solo.. a Blastech DL-44 works very well :D

*thought, going back to the normal powder based weapons.. what kind of effect would a Cortosis, or Phrik jacketed bullet have on say.. a lightsaber..*

14. hivemind2nd

Oct 13, 2005
    Back in the day, Phrik as appearing in Dark Forces made the Phase I Dark Trooper laser-reflective and hardened the armor of the Phase II. Also, didn't the cortosis in I, Jedi only make the armor hard to cut, not short the saber out?

15. RedXIV

RedXIV Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    He didn't have any clone troopers surrounding him, so his odds would've been pretty good.

16. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    I think she was talking about making bullets out of cortosis or phrik... as for the Jenasarii(sp?) cortosis, they used a different alloy than the cortosis that disableds lightsabers

17. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Cortosis Bullets!

I was thinking Slugthrowers, but I think that the best idea i've heard.

Genius!

18. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    load those into a z6 or a cip then you've got a bonafide Jedi killer. Even a verp...

19. RedXIV

RedXIV Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Yep, that's a great idea. Cortosis bullets would be far more expensive than your typical slughthrower rounds, but if you've going after a Jedi or Sith, that's one hell of a surprise to nail them with.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Canonically, cortosis bullets are 500x normal cost.

//whistles

21. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I was wondering wouldnt some one thats proficient with a Vibro Sword be able to kill a force sensitive. Look at the Vong they had their amphistaffs they did pretty well against the Jedi.

22. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    He got extremely lucky, because if that laserfire had just gone a meter towards the middle, he would have been a blazing fireball on the Death Star's surface.

That's not luck, that's the Force, too. It's not just a conscious thing, like a superpower people can use. Someone who is strong in the Force just has things line up for them.

Look at Ataru (Lightsaber Form IV). All those twirls and jumps and such and such should leave them more open to attacks then they do, but they don't, because someone in tune with the Force is really just riding the swirls and eddies of probability, and the Force doesn't put them in places where they will get hurt nearly as often as it seems like they should.

However, as the previous post mentions, Vader concentrating on Luke in the trench was vulnerable to and surprised by the Falcon's attack, for one.

True, but still not so vulnerable that it killed him, like it probably should have.

23. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    But with the Cortosis bullets it would only take one shot - if you got lucky.

What about a weapon that fired the bullet, then a blaster bolt or ten directly after it at the same spot with a single squeeze of the trigger.

24. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    My dear friends.. Luck has nothing to do with what im suggesting.. just the Law of the Seven P's, unless Sith can survive 1/2 thier head bieng turned into red mist..

500x the cost Eh DP.. sounds reasonable to me.. does math

20 Rounds of Federal's .300 Winchester Magnum is 40.94.. so 500x that is... $20,470 for 20 shots.. works out to 1023.50 per bullet.. I wonder what the bounty on a Sith would be.. :D

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, what about Sith vs M-16/Kalashnikov/Uzi coupled with a few shrapnel grenades? Use the gun to occupy them and then through in the grenades. Minefield would work too.

Also, mass death methods: Planetary bombardment, enough death to overload even a Sith.

JB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.