main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How could a non force user, kill a Sith?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterskywalker, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Uxi

Master_Uxi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Same way you kill a Jedi:

1) Lull them into a false sense of security aka be very tricky

or

2) Overwhelm with saturated firepower aka Brute Force from greater multitudes.

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Roughly, Hydronium, roughly. One good shove into a wall batters the droideka butter. ;)

3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    We are not getting through.

Which part of shield generator is the problem?

Is it the shield or is it the generator?

4. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

What does a force field have to do with anything that small? Reach out, hurl the body into a wall. Roll the epilogue. It's your story; you're not bound by any limits if you think creatively. ;)

That cyborg clown waving 4 swords at me? No probs; just snap all four arms with a thought or two. Case closed.

5. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I think it's the shield that you don't understand.

A Sith is not a god.

Why didn't Exar Kun just destroy the republic fleet that was coming to annihilate him with a thought or two?

Why did all those Jedi get killed by Order 66? Why didn't they just destroy the clones with a thought or two? Granted they weren't Sith, but when it comes to survival... (by your own admission, Jedi and Sith have the same powers, dark siders just don't use light side powers all that often and vice versa).

How did the Sith lose the war 1000 of years ago if they could just win with a thought or two?

No Jedi or Sith would have a chance against a ysalamir backpacked brand new droideka if the droid weren't so stupid as to step on and allow a lightsaber inside its shields. (read shields can stop Lightsabers from reaching inside to damage droid, thereby stopping all things, not just energies.)

6. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

You're not ordering your thoughts right . . . There's a difference between grand scale and one object right before you. Politics, betrayal, power and destiny affect what empire rules a galaxy, not just recahing out with the Force.

Me, there's nothing stopping me from reach my mind out to a nearby warship, provided it's close enough and I can reach a klick that far, and crushing a few critical tubes in the Engineering bay. Chain reaction will do the rest.

Shields are a barrier away from the droideka. How can it stop my totally invisible, intangible hand. It's not physical; shields are physical. Understand?

You might as well surrender now. Make it easy on the wives and kids. I just can't bear limited thinking, and incomprehensible limitations imposed without meaning. [face_not_talking]

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Ex, if they don't do something there must be reasons.

No one has ever, ever forced pushed a droideka, so there must be a reason for it. Possibly magnetic feet, maybe its the way they are built. Maybe casue Jedi can't focus with that thing shooting lat them. Maybe their armor makes them all but imunne to blunt truama.

" I just can't bear limited thinking,"

Here, your thinking is limited. Jedi aren't gods. or mages. Physics are the closet comparison.

8. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I knew I picked this major for a good reason.

9. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Seditious sentiments, wherever I go . . . :D

You can't use "not seeing a droideka pushed in a movie" as a solid counterpoint. And even if someone in the movie said they couldn't, that doesn't make it sacred sagacity. You're saying something can't be done because you're saying it can't. Lets say it can. One droid hurled into a wall is not a monumental strain of mental energy.

Realworld physics has its place, but not at the expense of alternate sci fi. Grav going down is fine, but not all demanding.

Incidentally, based on the last few minutes, luring 6 Reborn and Shadowtroopers into a single room is a bad idea. Got one bugger though. That's pretty good. :D

10. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Why even bother pushing a Droideka? Force-users have far more efficient methods of droid-destroying.

If you look at the accompanying picture with those captions, the droids simply explode. Force-pushing a Droideka, hmmph. Too bad Obi-Wan hadn't figured out that trick. Imagine how much quicker his encounter on Utapau would have been if he could have just moved, ever so slightly, Grievous' internal mechanisms. No matter how many lightsaber-wielding arms you have, you're toast if they all stop functioning.

11. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Exactly what Thul did to two in Joiner King: a single gesture. What decent magical mage couldn't?

12. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    For god's sakes. We're still not getting through.

It's a brand new droideka who has a ysalamir backpack.

Get it? Force push won't work when there's no force in the vicinity.

If I understand you right, then anything and everything we say here that could conceivably destroy a Sith is automatically narrow thinking. Am I understanding you right?

For crying out loud, DROIDEKA POWER!

13. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Where's an Emperor Dalek when you need one? :oops:

14. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, the Vong were constructed in order for Sith to kill other Sith so I think they count....

But really, with the way Force-users have been portrayed no Forceless should ever kill a Sith in a one on one duel. I could imagine losing a dog fight possibly or succumbing to shear numbers but even those seem unlikely especially if they are Exar Kun caliber Sith. Also, there is no guarantee that you that they are "dead" even though you have killed the body. If Palpatine learned the Life Transfer ability from an ancient Sith holocron, other Sith might be able to reproduce this skill.

And of course the most obvious answer: Be Kyle Katarn

-The Rebel Gungan

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    errr.I ment Psycics...or however you spell that.

I don't just mean the movies, I mean every EU source out there.

16. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Think happy thoughts, only then you can defeat them. :D

17. DARTH_VRUC

DARTH_VRUC Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2004
    OK, I won't go into the debate wheather Force-users are uber powerfull or not.
    I'll just say that even if they are that's their undoing. They are overconfiden't, too overconfident in their supremacy over "lesser" people. A great example was Mace Windu, not only his lines in the Temple when he talked to Yoda and Obi-Wan, but also the Jedi attacking the droids in the arena on Geonosis. I mean, when Dooku warned Mace they'll get wiped out, he just smiled and said "I don't think so..."
    Guess what happened.
    Trebor was an example of this, too. Jango killed him because he didn't notice him, true.But why did the Jedi not see him- because he didn't bother with a "grunt", who can't match him...
    Now, knowing the Sith, their arrogance and selfconfidence I'd say with some guts and brains a skilled non-Force-user, like Durge, Boba or Grevious could kill him.
    But, in the end it comes to this- who does the author of the novel/comic/game likes more. ;)

18. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    But Kyle isn't a non-Force-user. He's a Jedi/Emperor (depending on how you play DFII)

19. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Right, I would have included Kyle but he's force sensitive. Thus, all his prior combat experienced was influenced by his force precognition as shown in the books.

Staltz from SW Tales was a good example of someone utterly devoting themself to destroy a Sith, too bad it had to be Vader. I think he would have pulled it off had it be an actually killable character. :p

20. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    He did aboard his flagship, which is why he couldn't attempt it again on Utapau, he then used the same technique against Anakin on mustafar

21. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Kyle didn't actually kill a force user until after he'd started to tap his own potential himself IRRC.

22. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Another answer occurred to me: Be more ruthless than the Sith. Be willing to accept collateral damage, such as destroying the building or area the Sith is in, like a BDZ. One on one, I'd say trick them. The best idea ufroatunately only has one drawback: it costs one's life. rig a bomb to one's life signals. Most Sith won't make think twice about killing you, but in turn it's their own downfall.

23. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Serve 'em root beer. Hand warm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.