How could the millenium falcon travel from anoat to bespin?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Galactic_Emperor, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I'm pretty sure Bespin and Anoat are two separate systems. That's how the ESB novelization refers to them, anyway.
  2. Onnie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually, and now I might have to fire it up again, Star Wars Rebellion has Bespin IN the Anot system. (With Several other planets.) When Leia calls it the "Lando" system she might be thinking that Han has lost it and planning to make such a huge long journey without light speed.
  3. Galactic_Emperor Jedi Knight

star 1
    "the Millenium Falcon was travelling from the Hoth System to the Anoat System"

That was before the anoat-bespin trip. But it just adds to quandry of how could the ML do it.

"Perhaps... but I think they piggybacked the Avenger to Anoat and that's why they didn't know where they were. Then, (IIRC Bespin and Anoat are in the same solar system... maybe?) they traveled from Anoat to Bespin on their own power."

No, the asteroid field was already in the anoat system. it even makes me laugh how a ship can change from system to another without knowing, lol.

"Actually, and now I might have to fire it up again, Star Wars Rebellion has Bespin IN the Anot system. (With Several other planets.)"

No, i have that game, and it is not in the same system, its in the same SECTOR, which is a region of the galaxy comprising houndreds or even thousands of systems. Those systems you see in each sector window are just the main ones. There are many thousands more.
  4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Anoat, Bespin and Hoth are 3 completely different systems. The asteroid belt is a part of the Hoth system. Once the Falcon escaped and attached itself to the Avenger, it made one or more hyperspace jumps and ended up in the Anoat system.
  5. Onnie Jedi Knight

star 3
    (ahem) Well do I stand completely corrected or what?

Never let it be said that I don't say when it's been spokenly proven that what I've stated...

Wait, let me start that one over again. :)
  6. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, yes, the time was elapsed in ESB...and who knows how much faster SW ships can go than our own craft? Sure, it probably took a VERY long time...but, if it was with our engines and technology, it would have taken a lifetime...I would say it took about a little over a month to get there, if the system was extremly close.
  7. RevengeOfJohnnyNova Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Fer crying out loud, Star Wars is fantasy, not science fiction.

It has about as much scientific acuracy as a comic book.

Ultimately, who cares?

In SW people move from planet to planet like they're moving from suburb to suburb.
    It's such a brilliant concept that if you bring science into it, you ruin it.
  8. Captain-Stable Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey, we may have a similar scenario in ANH, when the millenium falcon travels from the death star to yavin. It doesnt seem to use light speed (neither the death star). The distances are enourmous and they dont seem affected by it.

The entire events of ANH take place over just 2 days. Day one ends with the sunset Luke watches.
    After they all escape from the DS and Vader and Tarkin are following the Falcon, Vader says "This will be a day long remembered..."

Capt.
  9. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd always assumed that it took them about 3 months to get to Bespin on their sub-lights...

But while we're talking about systems... Is it necessarily solar systems they're referring to? I'm only thinking that Hoth is the name of the planet, as opposed to the star it's orbiting. Therefore I would class 'The Hoth System' to mean Hoth and and moons it has. Similar with Bespin I suppose. Having said that, yes I know they are acutally in different solar systems as well.

Just musing really... ;)

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------
  10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    "ComScan has detected an energy field protecting an area of the sixth planet in the Hoth system..."

A system is defined as a star and its various planets and moons.
  11. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Fair enuff Bib, I stand corrected. Or educated at least :D

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.