main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How Dark Season Two

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AmidalaLover, Sep 23, 2015.

1. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    According to the creators of he show things will get darker for the Ghost Crew. How dark do you imagine the show will get this season? More so than last? Or the same?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "Dark Season Two fine. How you?" :D

jakobitis89 and cwustudent like this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd imagine it would be as dark as the Clone Wars got in the later seasons.

4. MarcelloF91

MarcelloF91 Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2015
    Hasn't it been said that after season 1 was around A New Hope's tone, season 2 will be comparable to Empire Strikes Back?

CoolyFett likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Game of Thrones dark.

Just kidding.

Probably darker than Season 1 but not as dark as TCW. Because Disney.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well the final couple of episodes of Season 1 were hinting that the new season wouldn't be so sunny. What gets me is how they might be pulling this off. The consensus is that Ahsoka's fate may very well be sealed by the end of this season. But she was a carryover from TCW; we don't even know to what extent her relationship is with the Ghost Crew. Any emotions we'd get would be drawn from how we felt about Ahsoka from the older series. It's not as if a recurring character like Hera or Zeb being offed; because the entirety of Season 1 of Rebels had established them. If you've never seen TCW; I doubt Ahsoka's presence in Rebels would have any affect on you one way or the other.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Game of Thrones dark?

Inappropriate.

8. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Makes sense. I mean DisneyXD shows some TV PG shows (heck they even played one of the Pirates of the Carribean movies which was rated TV 14) so they could change the rating on Rebels to TV PG and make it darker if they wanted to.

CoolyFett and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I believe it will be just dark enough; neither too little or too much.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    anakinfansince1983 I wanted to send you a PM but I don't see the option... I think maybe your inbox is full.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I only take PMs from people I follow. You should be able to PM me now.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    maybe somebody will lose a limb this time.

CoolyFett likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    An arm. It's always an arm.

Ezra chops Kanan's arm off in a training session, in a callback to the 90s EU when, apparently, nobody dialed back the power of lightsabers even during training?

...of course a better parallel would be Ezra chopping off Sabine's arm, then marrying her later, turning to the Dark Side and killing Hera.

Davak24 likes this.
  14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    How about Ezra loses a leg and chops off Kanan's arm to use as a crutch?!

I just hope this season is more engaging, never mind "dark", and they don't squander talent like they did Issac's Inquisitor and most of the episodes are not cheap fillers that drag.

CoolyFett likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I enjoyed season 1, but I agree about squandering Isaacs' talent.

16. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    It seems to be picking up this season, ala TCW.

CoolyFett likes this.
  17. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    Dark enough where the Imperials have some major victory's (more than just Siege of Lothal).

Darth Valkyrus and CoolyFett like this.
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Let me guess, he becomes EINO.

In all seriousness, Ezra does have the potential to fall to the darkside, without making him a jacen wannabe.

It is a path that I want to see with him and it can solve some issues as well. Compared to Kanan and Ahsoka, Ezra has a less chance of dying in Rebels because he is a kid. So if he is still alive when the OT happens, there has to be a good reason why he isn't part of the Rebellion fighting the Empire, and never comes across Luke during the OT.

Him turning to the darkside is a way to not kill him while keeping Luke to be the last active Jedi fighting the empire in the OT. This turn to darkness can further show why the galaxy and the future of the Jedi Order needs a new hope in the form of Luke. I wouldn't mind even seeing Ezra in post-ROTJ works, as long as he doesn't return to being a Jedi.

We haven't seen an Anti-Imperial darksider yet in Rebels, and Ezra could be a future example. Though if it does happen, he shouldn't lose a limb.....because that would be to predictable.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    If it can get anywhere near as good as TCW that would make the show better. Remove the dora the explorer vibe from the show and give it that TCW feel.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Early seasons TCW feel.

I would not say it has a Dora vibe until Ezra looks at the screen and says, "Can YOU say 'Beat up the stormtrooper'?"

21. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yes grow to a darker show.

22. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I want a darker show for real. I'm tired of Disney being all kid-friendly.

23. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Just because something is DARK doesn't mean it's any good in the slightest. The Walking Dead Seasons 4-5 and the entire Force Unleashed Saga is proof is that in my opinion, but hey if you like that stuff w/e to each their own I guess. I honestly really don't care how dark TCW got and I've seen every episode, but I still prefer Rebels. I feel like part of the reason is that I might be biased cause it's in the OT era and I was a fan of that before the prequels came and Rebels tugs on my nostalgia strings in a way The Clone Wars never could manage to do, but I still enjoyed it. Then again Force Unleashed series is in the OT era and I found that awful so *shrug*

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Rebels isn't really that kid friendly. It has death and violence which most cartoon rated TV Y7 don't have.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.