main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How dark will the tone of the ST be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    When Dark and Light meet its more powerful and beautiful then the darkest dark or the brightest light.

2. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Exactly! Ultimately, Rey, Finn, and Poe will have to achieve their major victories on their own -- without help from the OT3 or any other parent-figure.

The OT3 are going bye-bye. It's only a question of how, and how soon.

Andy Wylde and Redimet like this.
  3. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Or he was the one who tracked down the millennium falcon when the empire couldn't and then delivered Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt ya but he means nothing to the saga...

DarthSyverus and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Boba is a gutless punk and Jar Jar is a hero and a fool.

Fett is just a selfish idiot.

He wasn't the only bounty hunter employed though was he? They didn't say. Let's get Boba Fett and no one else.

That girly screaming punk was a disgrace to Jango who got his head cut off by a Jedi not knocked over by a blind man.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    ...And then gave the Sarlacc gas.

I didn't say that he means nothing, I said and continue to believe that Jar Jar is far more accomplished than Fett. This is a fact that is observable through canon.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    why Luke is only 52.

quote="TheBBP, post: 52054021, member: 1375019"]

You can mock Jar Jar all you like, but remember that as far as canon and what we have seen on screen is concerned, Jar Jar has accomplished more and is far more essential to the saga than the beloved Boba Fett is.[/quote]

on the screen perhaps. in the eu he accomplished more. and he is less annoying

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
  8. SkywalkerOG

Sep 19, 2014
    Yes he wasn't the only one employed but he was the only one to get the job done.

9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I give him credit for getting it done first but the pathehic whining of "What if something happens to Solo?"

He just did a huge favour for Vader and the Empire and all he can think of is a paltry few credits?

Jango was playing for galactic stakes while Boba is just counting pennies. What a loser hanging around Jabba after delivery. I mean he's just a bodyguard now?

Bodyguard Fett.

What a downturn.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  10. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

You could have not made a more meaningless reply. "On screen perhaps". Yes on screen. Canon. What matters. "in the EU" is about as useful as a trap door on a life boat.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  11. SkywalkerOG

Sep 19, 2014
    Yeah you have a point but it's arguable, if Fett doesn't capture Han and leia then luke doesn't rush to bespin and doesn't face vader and doesn't find the truth about him being his father. Also he would've completed his training with yoda. Damn that great bounty hunter! Lol

12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

If you wanted to play that way, you could follow the ripples of the actions of any number of useless characters and turn them into something great.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  13. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    So is Leia, but it doesn't matter. The main leads of the ST are all younger-generation characters -- Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren. The main focus of the ST will be on THEM, not the OT3. From now on, Luke, Leia, and Han can never be anything other than parents or mentors to our new young heroes.

In a mythic story, that's tantamount to a death warrant. As parents and mentors, Luke, Han, and Leia actually get in the way of the ultimate story. Because whatever Rey, Finn, and Poe achieve MUST be done on their own. Without any help from the older generation.

I would also remind you that in this type of story -- and the Star Wars saga in particular -- characters die fairly young all the time. By the time we get to the final act of Episode IX, Luke, Han, and Leia will all be off the canvas, one way or another.

Empress Shatterpoint likes this.
  14. SkywalkerOG

Sep 19, 2014
    Yup...like jar jar lol jk I'm just saying all characters are cool for different reasons lol

TheBBP likes this.
  15. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    The flow of the entire ST? Dark, darker... Light. There's little reason for hope in the first movie from what i can gather. Everything feels pretty splintered.

The first will certainly be darker than how the OT started out. The universe will be pretty disillusioned, tired and war torn, and i guess an attempt of kickstarting another Jedi order failing in some way. Simply, i expect it to be one big mess that nobody is really sure how to solve. Until the deadlock is broken...

16. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd like an OT type deal, with their own spin, of course.

17. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Boba Fett will survive his time in the sarlacc & the Jar Jar will probably make a cameo appearance.

18. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Unless Boba Fett considers it a revenge mission against Han.

19. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    This is the bull I complain about. I can't even mention the EU without getting insulted. There is no canon to fill the time period. Its a flipping blank slate dude. So the EU remains a good reference canon or not, until more is filled out. Until the nu contradicts the EU I see it as useful for character profiles at least.

20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

That is fine and dandy for your personal head-canon, but don't bring it as part of your debate and try to put it up against canon. Legends EU and fanfic have no place in a canon discussion.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I disagree. It is valid for character profiling. Until the nu contradicts it
    Fett is fett, and won't change much. Now his exact feats and accomplishments are not canon, but who he is is still valid in referencing the EU. He and his Dad were feared fighters and I doubt that will change in the NU. By the way it is not fanfic.not even close

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well then, I guess you're really going to hate the Legends EU...because all those random bounty hunters, Rebel pilots, and even the aliens in the Mos Eisley cantina...they've all got backstories now.

23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

That is super awesome, but it has no bearing whatsoever on TFA

You are right, it isn't fanfic, but it shares the same level of canon as fanfic. Also, saying something is canon until it's not isn't how it works. It is either canon or it's not. THAT is how it works. Until they canonize his awesomeness, then he remains a mediocre character. Jango was portrayed as awesome. He gave Obi Wan all that he wanted and died at the hands one of the best ever duelists in the history of the Jedi Order.

Fear not though, he could very well get a spinoff and be retconned into something awesome. Until then, he is an average bad guy who was given a more than laughable fate. Which is too bad too, because he looks awesome and has a ton of potential for awesome. I am excited to see how a good spinoff might make me forget how mediocre that he is. They have a lot of work to do to erase his demise.

24. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I reckon the first hour is gonna be a fun, TPM-like tone (or more like a live-action Rebels), introducing some new fresh characters, chase sequences, plenty of explosions and a wide vista. Then the 'awakening' plot will kick in and things get darker, more serious, and a well-loved character(s) could die...spurring the new faces on to a TPM-esque finale (except the space battle parts are actually good!)

25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah I was thinking that Boba is better than Jango. But their both good. I'm actually not a fett person , I am arguing mostly for not tossing the EU out , as if it is total garbage. I don't think even Disney will ignore it

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.