main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did an RA-7 "Death Star" Droid end up on a Sandcrawler???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lord-Vegas, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Vegas

Lord-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Any ideas,

Was it one of the Governors conveniantly misplaced droids or was it spying for the Empire ???
    Could it have been the droid that let the Stormtroopers know that the Jawas had had R2 and 3PO onboard???

2. MurphysLaw

MurphysLaw Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2004
    Those crafty jawas. Never know where they'll show up next. I can just see them now, lurking in the shadows of a Death Star corridor, laying in wait for some unsuspecting droid to come along...

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    (Grrrrr, I just typed up a really good response, but I was logged out and now it's lost. Blame the JC if this reply now sucks)

Death Star Droid is just a stupid name by unimaginative and/or people in the action figure industry or something. It's just another type of droid. Not as common as Astromechs and 3POs, but they're there. There are plenty of reason for an RA-7 to be on Tatooine and droids on Tatooine have a high possibility of being picked up by Jawas.

4. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Agreed, TLJ. Kenner could have easily named any of the droids Sand Crawler droids. However, in their defense Lucas may not have had any names or backgrounds for droids, places, etc. at that point. ANH could have turned out like Blackhole and it wouldn't have mattered.

5. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    How did it get there?

The same way an astro droid and a protocol droid got there. Sheer dumb luck.

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    However, in their defense Lucas may not have had any names or backgrounds for droids, places, etc. at that point. ANH could have turned out like Blackhole and it wouldn't have mattered.

He didn't have names for them all. The EU assigned them names over 20 years, and that was the best way.
    Now, in the PT, he's giving names to everything, and it's pretty pathetic really.

The Blackhole was a great movie. Vincent, Oscar, Star, and Maxamillan were the droids.

7. Dirty_Harry

Dirty_Harry Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    How did an RA-7 droid get on a Jawa Sand Crawler?

The RA-7 droid is made specifically to be a servant for high ranking Imperial officers and governors. But what they weren't told was that the RA-7 droid was bugged so that the Emperor could keep an eye on all his commanding officers. After time the top brass in the Empire became wise to the RA-7's nasty little device and as a result they did anything they could to lose their spy. I would say that the RA-7 inside the Jawa's Crawler used to belong to a Tatooine governor or officer who succeeded in getting rid of his servant droid.

If you notice, the RA-7 that you see onboard the Death Star was black rather than silver. In other words, it wasn't the same droid.

8. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    He didn't have names for them all. The EU assigned them names over 20 years, and that was the best way.

I think you can blame Kenner over the course of just a few years for that actually ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.