main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did Anakin learn how to become a ghost?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by atomik, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    If this has been discussed in-depth before, please post a link (I did a search but could not find anything).

From what I gather, becoming a force ghost after death is not common knowledge to the jedi (Yoda knows because he was taught by Qui Gon and therefore Yoda taught Obi Wan). Is there ever any mention from the movies (or EU) of how Anakin learned this ability? Perhaps from Palpatine?

Vortigern Edit: Please use this thread to discuss the matter of Anakin as a Force spirit.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The intervention of Yoda and Obi-Wan.

3. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    My guess is he learned it the same way Qui Gon did; sorta by accident and by being led by his compassion and not so much by tradition and codes like the Jedi were early in the series. This is just my personal theory though and there isn't much to support it other than speculation. The popular view is that Obi Wan and Yoda sort of guided him to them once he had passed. I think Lucas may have said something similar to that idea as well.

4. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Can you expand on that please?

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Yoda and Obi-Wan rescued Anakin from the netherworld and helped him to retain his consciousness.

6. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    Yeah...in the commentary to the movie, they say that as well. I had figured since he was created out of midocchlordians, he would just automatically become one with the force since he'd eschewed the dark side. But after the commentary, the interview where Lucas hinted at that and novels like rise and fall of DV indicating it was Obi-Wan and/or Yoda, I would assume that they came for him. It makes sense, they would be pretty happy campers that Anakin had done the impossible - once again...

7. DSucrose

DSucrose Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2007
    Ghoul school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.