How did everyone fair with Charley?

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by JediMara77, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    For all the year-round Daytona residents, did you make it through Charley unscathed? I was really lucky; we didn't have much damage and we got power back Saturday night and cable back Sunday. It was still extremely scary though, and there are trees uprooted all over my neighborhood. As far as I'm concerned hurricanes can stay the heck away from us!!!
  2. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My happy butt was in Chicago enjoying the beautiful weather :D
  3. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  4. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow. I'm glad to hear you made it through without too many problems. You are very lucky!

It sounds like Daytona was hit pretty bad. I hope everything is fixed and running again when I get back!
  5. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Apparenlty most of Orlando and Daytona still don't have power. My roomate called yesterday and it was 92 degrees in the apt. Oh, and ERAU doesn't seem to be answering the phones. They've opened the ICI to families but I don't think everything is up yet.
  6. Karma Jedi Master

star 3
    We had no power from Friday at 10pm till Monday morning at 2:45am. But, since school had power, I spent most of my weekend at work, soaking up the air conditioning and the hot water. :)
Not open for further replies.