main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"How Did I Fall In Love With You" - J/J Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by InyriForge, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    If I'm lucky, I'll get to be the one who says Congratulations on 200! That is quite and achievement!

hawkbat

2. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    LOL! Hawkbat, I am so doing that next time! I'm glad you got 200, since you were a big help on getting me there.

Well, I didn't get 100, and I didn't get 200, but I got 201, and I swear, I'll get it next time!

Yeah, what is the record for the most responses to one vignette? Hmmmmmm.... *Realizes she should have written a crappy viggie first so when she posted this one, she could still move up in the world*

[rant]
    Yeah, this is my beef with the whole team meeting. They want to do "interdisciplinary activities" but what they mean is, they want to put me behind schedule and take away valuable learning time from my students so we can watch a movie and do activities about it. *rolls eyes* This is not preparing the students for high school!
    [/rant]

I feel so much better now!

And, here's the address for the new fic:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9448783

~Inyri

3. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Inyri:

Glad I can make you laugh!

Over 200 served here, and over 50 already on the new story. That's pretty impressive, if you ask me!

Don't get me started about team meetings. My husband taught middle school for awhile, and boy would he be crabby sometimes because of team meetings!

Now this will be back to page one again, at least for a little while.

hawkbat

4. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Happy 200!

5. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    happy 200!

6. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    thanks guys!

Hawkbat - YES! Someone else out there feels my pain! That is something Matt just doesn't get.

~Inyri

7. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Both my foster parents taught school for over 30 years,and with my husband's experiences, I'm inclined to think that teachers deserve to be paid right up there with nurses, firefighters, etc.

hawkbat

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    *huge hug to hawkbat*

Thank-you, hawkbat!

~Inyri

9. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    I hope that you're at a public school, not a private school.

My husband taught at a private school that gave out teachers home phone numbers and told parents they could call day or night - and they did! He was REQUIRED to coach or teach 3 out of 4 Saturdays, as well as stay at school until 6 pm EVERY WEEK NIGHT, in case a parent wanted to stop by after work.

Oh yeah, that was a fun 3 years! Our own kids were young enough to not even see him before bedtime most of the week. I used to help him mark tests, just so he could get to bed before midnight, and I used to go in on Weekends to decorate his class bulletin boards, file etc.

What a surprise -none of OUR kids want to be teachers now!

I admire anyone who can handle the stress of teaching today. I could handle the kids, but not the buraucracy!

hawkbat

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm in a public school. The administration is annoying, but I'm getting used to it.

~Inyri

11. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    My mom's a teacher... so I kinda know what you're going through... My mom use to come home and talk about all of the problems that go on in public schools. And I agree about teacher's not getting paid enough. They work their hinneys off for the kids and yet they get paid crap...

12. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    It's a salaried job, so I'm not complaining too much. I may when it comes time to buy a house or a new car or something.

~inyri

13. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, it's was tough for my mom to raise me and my brother on just her salary after my dad died....

14. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm so sorry, Sara. I never thought of that. Right now, I'm comparing my career paychecks to my part-time-in-college job paychecks and it seems so great to me at this point.

~Inyri :(

15. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    It's okay... it's different for everyone, but FL teachers get paid worse than a lot of others, especially the county we're from...

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Ur from FL? That's rough about the way they treat teachers. I've heard it's bad pay in the south. :(

~Inyri

THIS IS MY 1000th POST ON TF.N!

17. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Congrats... Yeah, I'm from FL. Don't crack any jokes about the place. I hear enough of those up here at college. The people up here actuallly think it's a foreign country or something. It's crazy the way people view FL since the elections in 2000. What's nuts is people crack jokes about the elections to me like it's my fault, but I wasn't even old enough to vote then...

18. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    congrats on 1000 Inyri!

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Actually, I thought Fl was incredible. I went there when I was a kid and it took my breath away. Where I'm from, it gets cold a lot, so when I would look out the window and see palm trees I thought I was in paradise. I don't crack FL jokes.

~Inyri

20. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    I've never been to Florida, but it must be pretty special, as 1000's of my fellow Canadians flock there to spend their winters and their money each year.

My daughter is going there Feb on school break with a bunch of girls - I wish I could go too!

Last year, son number 1 drove down, in his girlfriend's tiny car, during school break. 5 of them, with about $100. total between them, for a week. I think they slept in the car. They had a great time, and want to go again. Maybe it was the year before, actually, because my son forgot ALL his ID, and they let him across the border both ways, no problem. Post 9/11, that wouldn't happen I'm sure.

Florida seems to be a happening place for college students on holiday!

Awk! I just saw the CNN weather report - you have sun again! No fair!

hawkbat

21. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, I don't go to school in FL anymore... it's a great place to grow up, whenever you need to sell those wrapping paper rolls for school there are tons of really old people to buy them from you....

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    *looks outside at freezing rain and wishes she were in florida*

*wishes she was on a beach, sipping a pina colada, getting a tan, and reading a Star Wars book*

*And that there's new posts on all her favorite fanfics and she has wireless internet access and a laptop to check this all out*

*realizes that this fantasy will not happen anytime soon*

~Inyri

23. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    The beaches in FL aren't that great anymore... which really stinks. All of the college kids who have come down there to party at the beach have basically ruined it- what with litter and everything else that happens to beaches over a long period of time.

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    okay, new fantasy:

I'm going to a beach on a deserted island NEAR florida, but without pollution...yeah...

~Inyri

25. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Sara, what county did you live in? and yeah the beaches arent that great, at least the east coast ones. I love the gulf beaches. I have never seen such clear water in my life! I'm from CA, so FL is a big change. and Sara already knows this but I dont really like it. I hate the weather and such but its been really nice the past few days . . .

And it most certainly is tourist country down here. hehe . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.