main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How did Luke see Kylo on the Island?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PadawanGussin, Dec 20, 2017.

1. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    If Luke had been able to truly disconnect from the Force, how did he see Kylo interact with Rey?

2. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I think he'd restored his connection by that point. I just can't remember. He definitely was using the Force when Rey attacked him since he didn't hit the ground when he fell.

I mean he couldn't have seen them without the Force.

Cantina Regular likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He reconnected to the Force before this.

He went up to the rock and began opening himself to the Force. The water in the pool began to be unsettled and he had an immediate connection with Leia, who regained consciousness due to Luke's contact via the Force. He sensed something was wrong and immediately went seeking Rey, calling out her name.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Edit: Nevermind. He beat me to it.

5. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Remember how Kylo said that Rey didn't have the strength to project herself across the universe when he first thought Rey was intentionally projecting herself when the ForceSkype first opened up. He said the "power (sorry I'm forgetting the actual noun right now) alone would kill you."?

Well Luke did what Kylo thought was impossible, what he thought rey was doing. He projected himself. If Kylo knew this ability existed, then there is previous precedence for it.

And yes, Kylo was right. Completing this task is fatal.