main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did Padme and Anakin have such ugly looking children?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by The Mentos® Strikes Back, Aug 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
  2. nwhysee

nwhysee Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    The only logical explanations is that people were ugly in the late 70's and early 80's.

3. DINVADER

DINVADER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    They are not ugly! GEEZ!!!!! Just because you aren't as good looking as your parents doesn't make you ugly. If Leia was so ugly why do so many still swoon over her in the slave outfit?

4. DarthSpader

DarthSpader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    In ROTJ Leia explains to Luke that her mother was VERY beautiful from the little memories she had........she says in the kinda way that she was more beautiful than herself........that how i took it when i watched the movie as a kid........

One things for sure though.......Anakin in ROTJ looks much worse than Luke does....heh

5. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Thanks G-S!

UP!

6. Darth_Scarlet

Darth_Scarlet Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I personaly think Luke is very attractive in all the OT movies. Nevertheless, I'm sure the inconsistancies in attractiveness are one of the many things GL will go back and fix with CGI for the DVD releases of the OT! ;)

7. Spacegirl

Spacegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Hey, I was there in 1977 and Luke was considered very good looking! Shaggy blonde hair and brilliant blue eyes were the thing! And don't insult Leia; she was a pretty pretty princess. She was a teenager and look at how flawless her skin was!

8. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    You know, I hesitated to reply to this since this thread doesn't deserve to be upped IMO; but I just couldn't let this be unresponded to. As far as I'm concerned, Luke is uber-cute ( [face_love] *sigh* [face_love] ) and Leia is beautiful (otherwise, why would so many men drool over Slave Leia pics even to this day?).

But even if you think differently - to think that Mark and Carrie don't look as good as Hayden and Natalie is one thing, but to dedicate an entire thread to insulting them by calling them "ugly" is offensive.

9. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Thank you, Devi.

I think Luke and Anakin are both very good-looking, and both Leia and Padme are beautiful. Whichever ones you prefer, there's no need to call the others "ugly."

10. T_H_X_SKYWALKER

T_H_X_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2002
    **Looks at thread**

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

**Runs away**

T_H_X

11. T_H_X_SKYWALKER

Aug 10, 2002
    **Comes back to thread**

"Carrie Fisher is so much hotter than Natalie Portman"

I agree, Natalie Portman is just made up to look good. :D As for Make Hamill
    , he was in a terrible car crash, after ANH.
    When Anakin turns in to Darth Vader in episode 3 he's not going to be that good looking anymore!

T_H_X

12. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. [face_plain] And calling them "ugly" isn't exactly a good debate either.

-Bjork.

Edit: I just thought of something. 30 years from now when shaggy blonde hair is back in, people will be looking back and saying: "How did Leia and Luke has such ugly looking parents?!"

;)

13. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 1999
    Carrie Fisher = Woman
    Portman = girlie and skinny

just my 0.02

14. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    Carrie Fisher all the way, hands down. Natalie Portman is pretty enough, but she doesn't really do it for me. She's so generic. She looks like a hundred other "beautiful" women that the entertainment industry throws at us every couple of months.

Maybe it's because I'm an artist, but I just adore Carrie Fisher's face. She's not just beautiful, but her face has so much character, it's so expressive. That's a big plus in my book.

I also prefer Mark to Hayden. Hayden is too much of a pretty-boy. Too much hairspray. He's too N'Sync. Mark seems more real.

15. XV426

XV426 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    I've never found Carrie Fisher very attractive, certainly no where near Portman's angelic beauty. Hamill simply looks creepy in ROTJ. My girlfriend thinks Hayden would be far cuter if he stopped brooding all the time (which of course is his character).

16. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    One thing the parents and their kids DO share in common: None of them can act!!!

:D :D :D :D

17. AnikaSky

AnikaSky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    Do I hear a drumroll????

18. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000
    All 4 are attractive people in the STAR WARS movies. Prior to this thread,
    I've never heard anyone refer to Luke and Leia as ugly.
    That's ridiculous.

None of them can act? That's even more ridiculous. Just another cheap shot.

How about showing some class, ladies and gentlemen? I seriously doubt anyone on these boards is making a great living on their awesome looks or superb acting, so let's be a little more gentle with people who are making a very good living and achieving a certain level of success by acting and off of their apppearance. Let's show some grace and respect as we hide behind our silly fake names and attack and criticize people who most of us would kill to trade places with, ok?

19. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    One: Never looked at Luke in that way.

Two: I thought Leia looked great in ESB (not that she didn't look good in the others, but she was best feature - wise in ESB).

20. T_H_X_SKYWALKER

Aug 10, 2002
    Why is this thread not locked??? It's more
    about Luke & Leia than it is AOTC.
    [face_plain]

21. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I agree, why haven't the mods locked this?

This thread is offensive to all four actors. [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

22. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    despite hayden, yes i agree this thread is offensive. it should be locked.

23. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    This is beyond insulting...

I have to wonder if this isn't yet ANOTHER example of PT vs. OT.

If anyone thinks that Luke and Leia are so ugly, do me a favor...never watch any of the original movies again. That way, you can't waste bandwidth by complaining about something offensive. [face_plain]

All four of them have their own visual appeal (hey, I've been a Luke girl since the beginning, and I'm not opposed to taking Anakin for a spin). And for me, Leia is still the best female role model any girl growing up in the late 70's could have had (Ripley being the other one). And yes, Leia looks GOOD.

24. Abner_Doon

Abner_Doon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Suzuran said;
    "This thread is offensive to all four actors. "
    Since when is saying that somebody is pretty count as offensive? Surely if Natalie/Hayden were offended by that type of publicity, perhaps they would've rethought doing the 'cold' scenes/topless Anakin scene.

25. Jacob_Castrato

Jacob_Castrato Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2002
    I can't say I have heard this before. I find Natalie Portman far more attractive than Carrie Fisher was, but I wouldn't call Carrie Fisher ugly.

Being a man, I can't really comment on Mark Hamill or Hayden Christensen, but they do look kinda similar so to call either of them ugly is offensive.

I agree that this thread should be locked as it will just turn into a flame war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.