main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did Padme know they were at a hanger?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by darthsidious32, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't worry about them, because most of the time I'm having too much fun to care.

Wow, Lucas is clever. Just add cool action sequences so the audience won't notice your shortcomings as a scriptwriter :D

*Runs away*

2. Jedi_Pol

Jedi_Pol Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Its a long shot, but could the hangar be visible from their position? Or possibly, that hangar could be the only building in that direction, a lone and secluded emergency hangar? Also, the clone trooper was running to retreive a part of his pack that had landed in a different location than he had. He could have also just seen that other craft in the distance and was running to make visual contact with its pilot.

3. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    I'm not trying to argue (and I love AOTC, so everyone stand down) . .

But she did say "THAT hangar".

It's an obvious plot hole. A very small one. No big deal. The film is pure magic for me, so I just don't think abaout it. But I can see why some people are using it to further their "Down With George" agendas.

It's just one more bullet in their gun.

-Otis

4. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Its a long shot, but could the hangar be visible from their position?

It could've, but it SHOULD'VE been shown in the film in order for it to be true. As it stands, this is a plot hole because there is no explanation we can think of that's actually backed up in the movie itself

5. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    well she knew he was trying to escape and he isint escaping the planet in a speeder so she figured theyd be heading for a hanger with an escape ship.

6. Jedi_Pol

Jedi_Pol Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Of course. I ackowledge it as a plot hole, but I just toss it in to offer some peace of mind for those who wish to keep the movie as being fully realized and as following a logical course. It might not be what really happened, but we can pretend it did just so the magic remains.

7. Darth_Mohel

Darth_Mohel Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Plot hole?

Why do people call it a plot hole? Its just a small mistake. Nothing else in the movie is affected by this. The plot is not affected by it. She would have eventually found them anyways.

8. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Actually, another explanation that you can use is that Padme found the hangar by spotting the smoke coming from the wreckage of the gunship used by Anakin and Obi that was shot down by the Geonosian fighters.

Of course, we didn't see smoke rising from the ground as Padme's gunship arrived at the hangar, so nevermind :)

9. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    ::gives up:: :_|

10. JediMasterWilkyCrlis

JediMasterWilkyCrlis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I think it was no more than a mistake.

11. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Why is this a mistake or plot hole ? Geez, does everything need to be spelled out, specially in a high paced action scene ?

Probably they saw a hangar with a bunch of ships escaping, where Dooku was flying. No big deal.

12. JediMasterWilkyCrlis

May 19, 2002
    Well actually augusto I don't think shecould have seen the hanger it was too far away and it wasn't very big anyway.

13. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    It's not a plot hole. It was visible from where she was. It's relatively flat land, and they weren't that far away.

14. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    But didn't it take her a good 5 minutes to arrive? Unless her and the Clonetrooper had to find transport? ?[face_plain]

15. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    The clone trooper ran off to radio for a transport. That could have taken forever.

16. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    Well actually augusto I don't think shecould have seen the hanger it was too far away and it wasn't very big anyway.

How do you know she was too far away ? The distance is not exactly specified, plus who knows if they saw a stream of ships leaving from there.

The point is that it's not important how she knew, and it would be a waste to do so in the middle of this sequence.

17. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Let's track the course of events.

1)Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan are in a gunship with other clones chasing after Dooku on his speeder.

2)The gunship comes under fire and as a result Padme and a clone fall out and onto a sand dune.

3)Anakin and Obi-Wan argue about returning to get Padme, they eventually continue to follow Dooku to the hanger.

4)Meanwhile Padme and clone scurry off to join the fight.

5)Anakin and Obi-Wan fight it out with Dooku and get injured in the process.

6)Yoda shows up to fight with Dooku.

7)Dooku flees just as Padme arrives in a gunship filled with clone troopers.

What's so hard to believe about Padme finding the hanger when 2 gunships with clones aboard them made it to the hanger before she did? Regardless of whether Padme knows of or saw the hanger, the clone forces have advanced communications. Any one of them could have tracked the previous gunships to the hanger. The clones also had stations established throughout the battlefield.

Edit: oops forgot Padme and clone on sand. :D

18. JediMasterWilkyCrlis

May 19, 2002
    I know she couldn't see the hanger because when Obi-Wan and Anakin got off the Gunship you could see in the background that the side of the canyon type thing that they were in turned which would have blocked her view.

19. Obi-Fun

Obi-Fun Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    I have to agree with augusto (and others) - how much needs to be explained? Your need for explanation could be expanded to rediculous levels. If you want to get down and dirty, you could ruin every scene of the movie by explaining every detail of the action.

We could go crazy and begin to ponder how in the beginning of the film, Obi-Wan and Anakin know where Padme's apartment was on Coruscant. Where's the missing scene where Mace tells them she lives on 123 Main Street, apartment 111b, and reminds them to check in with the doorman, and she'll buzz you in...

Come on guys, it's a fantasy film. Let your imagination fill in the blanks.

20. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    > I know she couldn't see the hanger because when Obi-Wan and Anakin got off the Gunship you could see in the background that the side of the canyon type thing that they were in turned which would have blocked her view.

Obviously , when they were in the gunship they could have seen were he was going.

But Lordy Maul makes the best point, why wouldn't the troopers know the hangar location, specially after they lost a ship there.

21. JediMasterWilkyCrlis

May 19, 2002
    Hey Obi_Fun is that the correct address?

22. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    > Where's the missing scene where Mace tells them she lives on 123 Main Street, apartment 111b, and reminds them to check in with the doorman, and she'll buzz you in...

Yeah, and how come we never see the Clone troopers go to the toilet ? I mean, with that armor and all, how do they do it ?

23. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    You know, it's possible that the ships were equiped with some sort of transponder/beakon that allowed their command centers to know where all of the troops and vehicles were. If Obi Wan could track Slave I and the Genosians could monitor exactly what what going on at the battle field using a holographic monitor, how hard could it be to hardwire such a system into allied ships. That way, command will always know where their forces are to more easily redeploy them. If that were the case, they might have it on "radar" exactly where that particular transport went to and where it blew up.

As for calling in reinforcements, assumably the Clonetrooper has some sort of radio equipment built into his helmet, at the least.

Anyway, that's one possible way to explain it if you absolutely have to have an explanation for a space adventure film with little kung fu fighting green men in it. ;) :p

24. dday64

dday64 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    This was something in the movie that was bothering me, too.

Yes guys, the clonetroopers would obviously know where the hanger is, we're not talking about that. Padme knows there is a hanger and she needs to get there as soon as she gets up, without anyone telling her first. How?

After Padme falls out there's a good 15-25 seconds of fast flying before we actually see Dooku go into the hanger, so it's absurd to think she saw it from the ground or before she fell out. Plus, Dooku doesnt HAVE to be going to a hanger on a speeder; there could be a city, a village, a open space, or any number of other things. It's definitely a mistake.

25. Jedi_Pol

Jedi_Pol Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Why in Gods name would he go to an open space?

and as for a city. huh? They obviously have an analysis of the planet and know where he is going. If he wanted to fight somewhere he would stay right where he was. he was running away. and how do you get off a planet? through a vessel in a hangar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.