main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How did Snoke hide from Vader and yet build an army?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kapz, Dec 29, 2015.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I like the Imperial dignitary role for Snoke and he was maybe one from ROTJ who was in a fight with Luke and received scars.

2. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    He's from the 'beyond' a dark part of the galaxy unexplored, who know what nasy or good things reside there.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The First Order is the remnants of the Galactic Empire following the events and defeats of ROTJ and in Aftermath - they moved to the region with what was left of their armies and any families they had(including aristocracy loyalists) The region was also being explored(and likely colonized) for some time prior to the fall of the Empire.

4. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I do like the idea of a (deleted) scene in TFA during which Snoke references Vader and or/Palpatine. However, where did you obtain the information about this deleted scene from? Not saying it isn't true, but I don't recall reading anything about it.

5. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Notice the First Order is mostly young people.

Rancor Keeper likes this.
  6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It's in the novel, I believe.

"The historians have it all wrong. It was neither poor strategy nor arrogance that brought down the Empire. You know too well what did.” Ren nodded once. “Sentiment.” “Yes. Such a simple thing. Such a foolish error of judgment. A momentary lapse in an otherwise exemplary life. Had Lord Vader not succumbed to emotion at the crucial moment—had the father killed the son—the Empire would have prevailed. And there would be no threat of Skywalker’s return today.”

7. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    My theory is that Snoke was a key right-hand man of Emperor Palpatine and ended up as one of the most senior surviving officers after the events of ROTJ (destruction of the Death Star and the deaths of both Palpatine and Vader).

And while the remnants of the Empire openly embraced peace with the signing of the treaty with the New Republic, they also secretly supported Snoke's work in rebuilding the former Empire's fleet in the Unknown Regions. Giving rise to the First Order that we know of today.

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

8. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    not to mention he has had 30 years. i mean plnty of time after the death of palpatine

9. JediKnightYJK

JediKnightYJK Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 17, 2016
    Snoke just appeared to make a villain... They could of make a corrupted government but that would make too much politic scenes which people hate about in the PT.
    Disney just sat down and thought "How could we make a villain?" well... maybe let's insert this random guy and name him Snoke...
    So my point is there is no logic inside Snoke... He is just the bad guy and that's all you need to know...

10. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Well, the Sith hid from the Jedi and Republic for a millenium and Sidious hid in plain sight.

11. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015

Correct and now we have another villain dynamic where we know he exists and he has been heavily involved for some time but are yet to know what that is and have to wait to find that out. To me the writers have done really well with both Snoke and Kylo to give us something different and unexpected.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  12. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    30 years is plenty of time to pop up from the shadows and become a known entity, there's no reason anyone had to know him during RotJ or any earlier.

Source?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we still don't know who snoke is. any info on that is false as of now.

AmySolo likes this.
  14. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    My impression is that Snoke is quite old, has lingered in the Unknown Regions watching events and waiting opportunities, and that his scarring comes from engagements trying to usurp the Sith duo (over even so farther back before the Rule of Two) for political control. The establishment of the First Order in the Unknown Regions is no coincidence ... he has manipulated that so he can personally engage and take them over as his tools ... and I have absolutely no basis for that theory.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  15. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    We do not have any information about what happened after Emperor and Darth Vader died.
    We are getting some clues,in "Star Wars Rebels - The Future of the Force" where we are seeing that the Empire was recruiting children that were gifted with the Force.
    So,all those children who were train with the dark side, maybe were forming the "Knights of Ren" .
    These Knights of Ren were a lot more powerful than Emperor and Darth Vader together.

16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Snoke needed a fleet and they needed an emperor. It's a match made in the Beyond.

AmySolo likes this.
  17. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Dagobah Dragonsnake and AmySolo like this.
  18. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

Not imo because Snoke had prior apprentice(s) before Kylo Ren and that Admiral would have been in the military for years before that ruling him out for the most part. Also he wouldn't have been outside the conflict for the most part like Serkis said Snoke was.

19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I think thats certainly plausible, and its possible that Sidious left a directive in case he died, which gave someone key locations and resources to rebuild. Its possible that Snoke isnt truly Force sensitive, but he knows their power, so he has used Kylo and others to maintain order and instill fear. That would make for an interesting twist, if he was powerless and only keeping the FO together because they believe he is wise and they require guidance. He still reminds me of the Wizard of Oz.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  20. Force is Faith

Force is Faith Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2016
    whostheBossk likes this.