main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did the AT-AT's get on Hoth?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by R2_Tech_Force_D2, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R2_Tech_Force_D2

R2_Tech_Force_D2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    Its been a while since i have seen the Empire Strikes Back but im curious......How did the AT-AT's arrive on the planet Hoth?

As far as i can tell from reading the books ( i just finished the bundled trilogy) the AT-AT's were already on the planet.

There is no mention about how these walking menaces got on the planet. I would awesume from some loader shuttle, but i have never seen a loader shuttle that can carry an AT-AT.

Im just curious :)

2. Obi-Wan_and_only

Obi-Wan_and_only Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2001
    Landing Barges. Basically big boxes with engines.

3. R2_Tech_Force_D2

R2_Tech_Force_D2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    Ahhhhh..thank you :)

I take it this was in the movie. I dont remember reading about the landing barges in any of the novels.

thanks again :)

4. jedirandALL

jedirandALL Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    this is not in the movie..it's just assumed similar to how the trade federation dropped all there armies down on naboo

5. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I think I saw it in the movie-they sort of thud on the ground, and then get up and start going medieval on the rebellion's ass.

6. Obi-Wan_and_only

Obi-Wan_and_only Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2001
    It wasn't in the movies, but it is in the EU somewhere. And one of the Rogue Squadron games has AT-STs arriving in big boxes with rockets attached. I assume the AT-ATs just use doublewides :D

7. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Well, in AOTC you see the precursors to AT-AT's being dropped by drop ships. I would assume it's the same type of thing on a larger scale.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    If you'll take a close look at the AT-AT model, there are three shallow grooves on the AT-AT's side, between its legs. That is where the landing barge clamps fit in to carry them down to the surface.

9. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    The AT-AT Barges were depicted fully in the Lucas Arts PC game, "Force Commander".

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike has some big transports that I think were used to transport AT-ATs.

The level "Defenders of Ralltir" supports that theory.

11. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    We see this in Star Wars: Force Commander. A game that I've never played, but I've seen the trailer on lucasarts.com. They look like big blue boxes kindov. the "knees" on the walker's leg's bend forward, so It'll fit, the the barge comes up, knees unfold, and the AT-AT is ready to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.