main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did the Clone Wars effect your ROTS viewing?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Juggalo, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Clone Wars helped my viewing of RotS. Especially chapters 21-25. I wouldn't have known what happened to Grievous if I hadn't seen the last chapter.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, my feelings are mixed. I definitely loved the CW shorts, and they really strengethened my opinion of the Jedi, the Obi/Ani friendship, and the Cloen Wars overall.

However, there is one semi-bad part. Specifically (repost from the GG thread in 3NS):

At first, I was highly skeptical of Grevious, and didn't really like the idea when I'd first heard about it. But by Season 3 of Clone Wars, I'd really fallen in love with Tartakovsky's interpretation of the character. He was more athletic than anyone since Maul, and fought with the deadly, graceful athletics of a gazelle. There was a positively simian character to the way he patterned his attacks, and I was just eating it up. He'd proved himself after all--a really good fighter and convincing enough tactician that was fun to watch in battle, while he still had some weaknesses.

Then came EPIII. I was deeply disappoint. He'd seemed to have lost of all of his grace and rhythm. He just spun lightsabers around, and seemed like a completely ineffective idiot. They even made him completely tactless and ignorant in his position as a leader. Why, of all things, would you think it would be a good idea to threaten the leaders of a fraying alliance with death? Wouldn't that just rush them further out the door?

I also happened to like his voice in Clone Wars better. So yeah, Tartakovsky's interpretation of the character really spoiled me, and left me really disappointed. But one of my larger criticisms is that the character seemed entirely unnecessary in EPIII. He didn't do anything that someone else already in the movie couldn't have.

3. jedicam10

jedicam10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    I don't Know...

But CW is better than AotC!

4. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Only made a tiny tinmy tiny tiny difference. That I wished I coulda scene the shaak-ti death scene either one.

5. jedicam10

jedicam10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    "Also don't forget that viewers who had not seen the Clone Wars episodes were totally clueless as to why Grevious was coughing. I had to fill my friends in during the action."

Same here!!!!
    Brothers!!!

jk

6. Darth_Juggalo

Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I had quite a few people ask me what the **** deal was with GG. O knew only because of the CW.

7. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Well, I learned where Anakin got that cool as hell glove...

8. XenoSkywalker

XenoSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    The Clone Wars Helped:

Develop Obi-Wan and Anakin's Relationship for me,

Develop Anakin and Padme's Relationship a bit...

Made me laugh at Threepio and R2 the way I did in ANH...

Introduced me to Grievous; which of course allowed me to not even wonder why he was coughing...;)
    -----I LOVE GG opening line in ROTS:

GENERAL GRIEVOUS:
    "WhAAAAHT's tha situATION Cap-Ten?".............I love it.

Turned Mace Windu into a Super Jedi that made my anticipation of his scene's in the movie elevated to a level that was unparalled...

Helped me to see MORE of Anakin's seeds of action that lead him closer and closer to the Dark side of the Force...

Kit Fisto...nuff said...

Yoda Moving Ships...nuff said...

Mace Fly-Surfing...nuff said...(Bonus: Force Crush of GG's Chest Cavity)

Built Obi-Wan into a Super Jedi that had my anticipations for The Duel at peak capacity...!!!

and many more things too...

9. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Nice stuff, Xeno...:)

10. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    Regarding GG:

Dooku's training of Grievous in Clone Wars also helps show that it is possible to stand up against him if you are not afraid or intimidated. Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti and the others that fell against him apparently did not get that memo. Dooku tells this to Grievous and he takes heed in ROTS when faced against two Jedi.

Then he forgets all about it when fighting OB1 and we all know what happens.

11. XenoSkywalker

May 28, 2005

That is true. :)

12. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    Now, I really enjoyed watching CW, especially chapter 21, but I really dont think it changed the way I watched RotS though.

13. Matty_T20

Matty_T20 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    Hey; I only saw DVD one after I saw Rots, but in hindsight I wished I'd picked it up before. Made the Clone Wars seem like the epic conflict it was suppoused to be rarther than just a blip. I was a little confused as to why Grievous wasn't stumbling around hacking and coughing, but the ape-like cartoon version was ++good.

How many DVD's are there in total? Anyone know?

14. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    how cool would it be to have a series of cartoons set in between all the other star wars films now

possibly with the exception of 1-2 as 10 years is a long gap to fill!

15. LATOPADEYOR

LATOPADEYOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    I didn't watch the CW until after I had seen ep.3 several times... I liked it alot but not having seen it between ep.2 and ep.3 I don't know the reaction I would have had. Having seen the movie first, I natually like the movie grievous' voice better, but I think that it has to do with the first time you hear a character's voice, that becomes their true voice in your eyes or ears;)

I'm still talking about the Mace Windu chapter... that was one of the coolest things I've seen.

16. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I found it very helpful! Although, like most people here, I was disappointed in the way Grievous was done onscreen. What a wimp. He had a better voice in the cartoon too.

17. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    Yes, because I wacthed it for the millionth time before I went to see ROTS. But, also it made me cry more,during the sad scenes with Anakin and Padme I thought back to the Meadow Picnic,and the Japor Snippet scenes.

18. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I wanted to see Shaak-Ti.

19. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    It prepared me for the ultimate opening battle. I really enjoyed it, and whenever looking at the jedi I thought about how much they fought in this war.

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It helped alot. I really think that Episode21-25 is like a 1 hour visual prequel to the movie. I think of the movie as a 3 hour and 27 minute event. Excellent stuff.

21. master_ghost

master_ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Yea I view clone wars as almost another chapter in the saga. It really enhanced RotS for me.

22. XenoSkywalker

May 28, 2005
    Yes... The Clone Wars Micro Series ROCK!S!!! :D :-B :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.