main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT How did the clones react?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darthbarracuda, May 24, 2013.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I do not consider them slaves as portrayed and explained in the films, because I don't think they have souls. So calling them slaves, when the films don't, is an out of universe definition.

2. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    They are obivously sentient beings, The Films do not address if they have souls or not but, by being sentient beings. They think and have feelings and serving as the republics military they should be subject to the republic laws banning slavery as well as have all other rights and privileges afford republic citizens. There are arguments I could make that any type of military conscriptment is a form of slavery but it would be a long post.The films might not call them slaves but the republic as a whole saw slavery as evil enough that it banned it from there member worlds(tattoine in the prequel era is not a part of the Republic but Hutt Space.) This issue though is a good one to have in the films because it shows how far the Republic had degenerated by the Clone wars

3. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I would say that the fact that their genes have been altered to make them what they are is part of what makes it so evil. Strange that you would try and use it as a defense for the Jedi. I see it as part of what damns them.

The Jedi willingly throw their hats into this ring, that makes them complicit.

4. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    If that is what you believe, then good for you... but this thread isn't about the morality of cloning, or even the Jedi using clone soldiers to fight the CIS. This thread is about the clone-army's reaction to the changes in the Republic in the aftermath of Order 66. And on film, the clones reacted the way we were told that they would. They reacted superbly.

5. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    You chose to take the thread in this direction here, you brought it up. Not me.

6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I quoted post number two, but tied my comments to post number 20. You called it factory production of slaves, and now I am putting that to rest. Quite simply, the slave army argument does not belong in here, so its time to move on.:)

7. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I was asked a direct question about it.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    That is fine, now it is time to move on. :)

9. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Fair enough, move on the down the road we shall

:D

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. TheDisharmony

TheDisharmony Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    They knew it was going to happen.

11. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That term has been used in some works (I think either Battles of the Galaxy or Beware The Sith or both) to describe why the clones obey their leaders so strictly.

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Every-time I see this thread title, "How did the clones react?" my first thought is:​
    LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO.
    8-}

Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    My response is always "they didn't".