How did the Empire build up between ANH-ESB?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Osto, Jan 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix928 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ploovo Two For One... that's the guy's name... ah, been ages since I read that novel. Too bad it's sitting at home collecting dust on my shelf... <Sniff> Oh well...
  2. cmulligan01 Force Ghost

star 3
    Jaded Skyhiker, imo you shouldn't limit the catogories just to books. A lot of us read the comics and books.

My choice for Worst EU book ever is Planet of Twilight.

If I can vote for comics to I'd vote for Jedi Academy: Leviathan.
  3. SilverSabre Jedi Knight

I love all of the Star Wars books, but I'll have to say "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" because, although it's an o-kay book, I dislike it the most personally.
  4. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I am sorry that I have neglected the comics and I will try to include them in the voting.

So do to my failure to acknowledge the comics I slightly changed the nominees for Worst EU Book to Worst EU Book or Comic

Sorry if I disappointed people.

5. cmulligan01 Force Ghost

star 3
    You didn't disappoint me at least. The only people that bother me in regards to the comics are the ones who refuse to read them because they are comics and they're beyond that. That was nice, once it was mentioned you did something about it.

My worst period is Planet of Twilight.
  6. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay I am sorry I cannot resist to put in my vote for this category.

Okay here is the host for the 2000 EU Award's vote for Worst EU Comic or Book-

Planet of Twilight!

I could not even get through the first chapter in that book. It was absolutly horrible ! I have read bad books in my life though this is TOP on the worst list. (sorry had to let off some steam there )

Anyway...
    If it comes down to a tie or something I will disqualify my vote so it really is official.

Thanks for the supporters of the 2000 EU Awards and keep on voting! (that was my corny line of this post )

Jaded Skywalker cool.gif
  7. TK-667 Jedi Knight

star 3
    WORST!? Crystal Star! Ughhh! Wonder whatever happened to it.......oh, yeah, I used it as kindling when the furnace broke down!

That was the only book I didn't finish in two days, no action almost died of sheer boredom.
  8. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    Fave Xwing Novel has to be SofA.
    Fave Comic has to be In The Empires Service
    Best Han Novel has to be Hutt Gambit/Rebel Dawn.
    Fave Novel has to be IJedi
    Fave Trilogy has to be Thrawn Trilogy
    Best short story is Last Man Standing.

Worst comic has to be the Dark Empire comics.
    Worst Novel has to be Crystal Star.
    Worst Han Book has to be Courtship of Princess Leia.
    Worst Trilogy has to be the Bounty Hunter Wars.
    Worst short Story has to be the Dannik Jerrico one in Tales from the Cantina.
  9. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay we are back at the 2000 EU Awards. Before the break we introduced the nominees for Best EU Book or Comic. And now we have the winner-

PLANET OF TWILIGHT!

Due to the lack of voting for Comics we will postpone that cat. to later.

So let us move on to the next category.

Worst Book/Comic on Audio Tape

Now for me personally I cannot stand those annoying things. There voices are terrible and their characterizations are way too off of the real thing.

So I no there have been some really bad ones so tell me which one you hated most!

Also, Come on! We need a few more voters!

We'll be back with the results!

Jaded Skywalker. your 2000 EU Awards host cool.gif
  10. Darth Predator Force Ghost

star 4
    I like the audio cassestes-even though the books are better(I want them in CD form) Dark Empire 2 was neat because they had actors doing the voices and I love the music in the background.(There is music in the background for all of them) But my vote goes to Ambush at Corrila. The book itself needed help.
  11. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  12. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
    I have not listened to many of the tapes. I think you are right the voices are terrible.

You know with all the computer technology we have they should run the OT through a computer and use a voice synthesis program to make the tapes sound like the voices on the movies.
  13. Red-Seven Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm not sure how many tape-listeners frequent these parts, judging by voter activity....

"Rise, My friend."
  14. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    [1]We are back and I am sorry that was such a stupid category. I was just curious. And I din't want to be yelled at also if I did leave them out or something of that sort. It was worth a try.

Anyways we will move on to our next category.

Best of the Bounty Hunter Wars
    and the nominees are-
    all of them!

I am thinking about doing a winner's page. Sounds good or bad? Oh well you might see one.

Jaded Skywalker, your 2000 EU Awards host cool.gif
  15. Phoenix928 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I read the entire series... at least I think I did. That's the one by Jeter, correct? Has Mandalorian Armor, Slave Ship, Hard Merchandise, etc?

I'm a little vague on the series. It was pretty good, but it didn't stick out in my memory that much.

I'd have to say, though, that if I had to choose, my favorite would probably be the last book in the series, only because that's where everything gets wrapped up rather nicely. Not sure which one is the last one, though. Again, hazy about where the titles fit in with each other.
  16. womp_rat208 Jedi Master

star 4
    I only read the first one, so I'll vote for it. I don't even remember the name, so...
    Sheesh, I got here too late for all the good awards, like best novel. Err. Oh well.
  17. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    We need just a few more votes before it can be tallied up.

18. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay we are back at the 2000 EU Awards. After the disappointing loss TPM felt at the Academy Awards we will continue are voting to redeem what Star Wars should have won-

And the winner for Best of the Bounty Hunter Wars is-
    (drumroll)
    Hard Merchandise

Our next category is- Luke's WORST EU Girlfriend
    and the nominees are
    ~Callista
    ~Gariel (sp?)
    ~Akanah

Remember we all have our different opinions! So no flaming wars please.

We'll be back
  19. Phoenix928 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Akanah, without a doubt. I won't even go into why. It's just too distressing. The rest of the Black Fleet series was good, though. Mmmm... K-wings...
  20. Darth Vega Jedi Padawan

Akanah without a doubt. I actually forgot her name for a moment. I must have blocked her out after finishing the books because she upset me so. She is a liar. I have no use for liars.
  21. Ivanova Jedi Padawan

Since this category's still open, I'd like to vote for Worst EU Comic. Of those I've read, it's definitely Dark Empire.

Worst Girlfriend for Luke: Callista. I've never read the books with Akanah, but I didn't mind Gaeriel. I still cringe at the thought of Callista, so much so that when I hear people talk of Callista Flockhart, my mind stops at her first name, and I am forced to shudder.
  22. angelhart Jedi Padawan

23. SilverSabre Jedi Knight

One word: Akanah. mad.gif
  24. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    AKNAH..Callista left because she loved luke..gariel was sweet and nice..she was never bad...Akanah just used luke..the whole BFC..she was using himm..
  25. Ivanova Jedi Padawan

We'll be back after these messages.

(On your screen is a blond-haired man with a goatee. Behind him is the Rogue Squadron flag. He stares earnestly into the camera.)

Hi, my name is Colonel Gavin Darklighter, leader of Rogue Squadron. Yes, I know you're probably thinking, "Oh, no, not another political commercial." Believe me, I know how you feel. I usually try to stay out of politics. But the New Republic is facing a very critical time, and there is only one candidate that can see her through.
    That candidate is none other than Wedge Antilles. Wedge Antilles has worked tirelessly for the New Republic for all of his adult life. Wedge helped take out two Death Stars, was chosen by Luke Skywalker to lead Rogue Squadron, liberated Coruscant, and helped bring down many of the Empire's successors, including Ysanne Isard.
    Wedge also cares about the common man. His ultimate goal is the freedom and safety of all of the citizens of the New Republic. He works tirelessly on the behalf of orphaned children. He remembers what it is like to lose your entire family at a young age, and he seeks to never have it happen again.
    This is only the tip of the iceberg on why Wedge Antilles should be elected President of the New Republic. Look at it this way. Who would you rather have in charge, Wedge or Borsk Fey'lya, the guy who helped cover up Caamas and who would not admit danger was coming? The guy who scorns the advice of people like ex-President Leia Organa Solo? To me, there is only one choice. On election day, vote Wedge Antilles. Thank you for your time.

We now return to our show.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.